• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

TheYanger

Yeah it's nothing to do with playtime but in number of legendary eligible drop activities, with some being worth more than others (IE limited activities like raid bosses even in LFR give more). If you play one toon for 100 hours and run around questing, and play another for 5 and just run LFR, the lfr one will get a legendary and the other assuredly will not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah it's nothing to do with playtime but in number of legendary eligible drop activities, with some being worth more than others (IE limited activities like raid bosses even in LFR give more). If you play one toon for 100 hours and run around questing, and play another for 5 and just run LFR, the lfr one will get a legendary and the other assuredly will not.

nah it was just RNG. Mage was off the daily cache (which I do every day on the others), warrior was off a random dauntless bag (which I got a lot more on the others).

Mage BS follower is super disapointing, and surely wouldnt replace Millhouse if I was to play my Mage.

Lain

So that Lightforge Golem is supposed to be a reward for the new 7.3 faction. It's costly though, 500k at Exalted. It's no spider mount price wise but heh.

SgY6D7f.jpg

All I need to finally fly. The raid wasn't an issue, but it does seem like a strange step to take to unlock flying.

I just learned the last trait on my artifact, and I have to say, I LOVE the progress my arms warrior has made. It has felt like quiet a journey. He felt pretty weak versus elites in at the start, but now that I have some traits that provide some self healing, I can solo 44m health group elites in WQs. I should switch things up now and play fury, but the rotation feels so strange after going the entire game as arms. :)

The Sentinax stuff is like 10 minutes or less in a group finder group. It's a big mental hurdle to get over the first time, but after that you realize it's probably one of the fastest steps in that whole god forsaken Broken Shore questline and the alts just flow through.

I don't know what it is with this game and how people seem to not notice how long shit actually takes, because this sort of under estimation of how much time something takes or how difficult something is or isn't is common among the community. The shortest amount of time I spent in a sentinax group was 30 minutes and that was with people over lvl 900 and that was just due to the fact that the portals ran off in different directions It's just a stupid grind because Blizzard couldn't come up with something more creative. THAT is what bugs me about it. There is some incredibly well developed questing in this expansion, and then you hit the broken shore and it's vanilla style fetch quests. Might as well be killing kobolds.

iFirez

SgY6D7f.jpg

All I need to finally fly. The raid wasn't an issue, but it does seem like a strange step to take to unlock flying.

Oh shit, you have to do the raid to fly? I guess I'll never fly then, I've never raided and am purely Solo.

Hit 110 late last week have really been enjoying Suramar and Legionfall. Completed my class order hall storyline too but ways to go until I get my class mount. Dungeons in Legion have been fun (they're the only non-solo content I partake in currently) but my item level is still a bit too low for my liking (789) after doing a large portion of legion. I'm guessing I'll get higer iLvl drops soon. Really enjoying my time at my level though, 110 seems like it's got a lot of content to enjoy and go through.

Might as well be killing kobolds.

You no take candle, the Kobold said.

His life is what I would take from him that day.

And the candle marks the spot of Kobold's grave.

Oh shit, you have to do the raid to fly? I guess I'll never fly then, I've never raided and am purely Solo.

I'm a solo guy, and it was no big deal. I think this was the first real raid I've done, since the others were solo, or a couple of friends doing old content.

Lain

Hit 110 late last week have really been enjoying Suramar and Legionfall. Completed my class order hall storyline too but ways to go until I get my class mount. Dungeons in Legion have been fun (they're the only non-solo content I partake in currently) but my item level is still a bit too low for my liking (789) after doing a large portion of legion. I'm guessing I'll get higer iLvl drops soon. Really enjoying my time at my level though, 110 seems like it's got a lot of content to enjoy and go through.

LFR suffices and it's just a raid boss, so it consists of queueing, killing the few mobs pulled to the spot to get the boss to pop, killing the boss, looting and leaving.

iFirez

LFR suffices and it's just a raid boss, so it consists of queueing, killing the few mobs pulled to the spot to get the boss to pop, killing the boss, looting and leaving.
I totally forgot LFR was even a thing... I'll figure it out if and when I get to the point where I have everything but that done for Pathfinding.

Normal Nighthold isn't going to be that difficult in 880 ilvl gear, which you can farm off of The Broken Shore and invasions. Plus clearing the end of the Suramar campaign nets you a mount and a token worth a sizable amount of AP.

It's totally worth trying to PUG.

Normal Nighthold isn't going to be that difficult in 880 ilvl gear, which you can farm off of The Broken Shore and invasions. Plus clearing the end of the Suramar campaign nets you a mount and a token worth a sizable amount of AP.

It's totally worth trying to PUG.

I get confused about pathfinder, even looking at guides. Emerald Nightmare is required for flying, but is Nighthold too? It doesn't look like it. So confusing.

Tarazet

The end of the second Suramar campaign is literally a bread crumb trail to the entrance of the Nighthold.

It is, but you don't have to go into Nighthold to get Good Suramaritan. You do have to kill Xavius, which takes all of 3 minutes on LFR including the trash pulls. It's by far the least problematic part of it, seeing how you'll be well over 200 quests deep by the time you get the achievement.

Fjordson

Smoldering Heart on my enhance shaman. Wooo!

I gotta say, the Legionfall caches have been a solid source of legendaries for me. This is my fourth one from them.

Lyng

Finally good my Suramar rep to exalted, getting close to flying!

Also leveling 100-110 with heirlooms and invasions is insanely fast. Only took me about 5hours on my lock.
And got the Hood of eternal Disdain on my aff lock. Thinking of going back to maining aff lock, really enjoy it after the 7.2 changes.

Can archeology not be done while an invasion is going on? I'm in Val'Sharah, in a correct area, but it keeps telling me "you can't use that here."

Edit: Nevermind, I re-logged and it's working now. Weird.

adversarial

Any GAF groups raiding Mythic content that need an Arms or Prot Warrior?

Played since 04, main tanked most mythic / heroic content while it was relevant, but took a few breaks. (Most recent was just before Nighthold)

Tried to get into FFXIV but the lack of competitive raiding / weird casual (hate using that word) design decisions like no dps meters and the fairly prevalent "doesn't really matter" mindset of player-base turned me off. Awesome game, otherwise.

Looking to get back into the swing of things so any normal / heroic groups as well I'd love to hop in with.

Will edit with my battle.net when I'm off work, as it's blocked here.

Finally good my Suramar rep to exalted, getting close to flying!

Also leveling 100-110 with heirlooms and invasions is insanely fast. Only took me about 5hours on my lock.
And got the Hood of eternal Disdain on my aff lock. Thinking of going back to maining aff lock, really enjoy it after the 7.2 changes.

There are 100-110 heirlooms? Who is the vendor?

Elixist

just finished the time weekly with my pally that has trash gear, one decent item 910 hands. excitedly i open the box and wat do i get? 900 hands

200w.webp

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We wiped on Sazz'sine last night because our raid leader was talking about Obamacare literally the entire fight over Discord. Someone says "hey you got 2 hydra shots" and I was like "well there's fifty prompts on my screen and DBM's sound warnings are competing with comments about premium costs so I'm not sure what you expected."

Granted, we were wiping a bunch before that.

Lain

Got myself Fenryr!
cT0c.png

Last week I had a hard time killing him and because I fucked up even after killing him it didn't pop up.
This week I had a really easy time killing him instead. Too bad I didn't have a leg drop too like last week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and Mage mount makes 12 and thats the last one for me since Rogue is the only one left but my Rogue is 60.

Mage mount is a crapshow btw. It would be much better if it was the 3 different colors with the electricity in between them like it is before you "assemble" it :(

Got myself Fenryr!
cT0c.png

Last week I had a hard time killing him and because I fucked up even after killing him it didn't pop up.
This week I had a really easy time killing him instead. Too bad I didn't have a leg drop too like last week.

Congrats! I got him too a few weeks ago. I was overthinking it before. I got the legendary legs, but would run like crazy. I ended up switching talents, switched to barrage instead of MoC, planted down and fucked him AND the adds up. It was a lot easier.

erawsd

I can't believe there is no catch up for Order Hall Champions. Having to upgrade them from 760 to 900ilvl and from Common to Legendary is a pretty ridiculous grind. Especially as a Druid that cant requisition free tokens everyday.

EmiPrime

I can't believe there is no catch up for Order Hall Champions. Having to upgrade them from 760 to 900ilvl and from Common to Legendary is a pretty ridiculous grind. Especially as a Druid that cant requisition free tokens everyday.

It's ridiculous I agree. I rely on the champions that got added later on that come with a higher item level.

There's a lot to like about Legion but there aren't enough catchup mechanics other than personal gear and it's too alt unfriendly. I am lucky that I bought the game during last month's 100% rep bonus event as rep acquisition is godawful. WQ are a much better idea than dailies but why do most of them give only 75 rep for doing stuff in previous expansions would give 250?

Nokterian

Got two legendary's yesterday one on my monk and another on my shaman, makes me happy. The one on my monk is nice but not really what i wanted but hey it is a start.

erawsd

It's ridiculous I agree. I rely on the champions that got added later on that come with a higher item level.

There's a lot to like about Legion but there aren't enough catchup mechanics other than personal gear and it's too alt unfriendly. I am lucky that I bought the game during last month's 100% rep bonus event as rep acquisition is godawful. WQ are a much better idea than dailies but why do most of them give only 75 rep for doing stuff in previous expansions would give 250?

Honestly, it hasn't been all that unfriendly to my alt -- the champion upgrades are the one sore spot so far. Besides that, its barely been a week and I'm ilvl 881, I have Concordance, I got my first legendary, I have my class mount, and in a few days I'll have maxed out the last Order Hall upgrade. I don't think I need to grind rep for anything since the Suramar dungeons are already unlocked.

That said, I can definitely see how jumping in midway through this expac could be a major pain in the ass though.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
7.2 really made Legion more alt-friendly, the only things that sucks is grinding Nightfallen to exalted if you want the class order armor and PvP artifact skins.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
7.2 really made Legion more alt-friendly, the only things that sucks is grinding Nightfallen to exalted if you want the class order armor and PvP artifact skins.

What does PVP artifact skin have to do with nightfallen rep?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Thank the Light, a permanent Augment Rune has finally been added in patch 7.3

augmentrunen6qtt.png

The price could be a placeholder.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
By the way, are there any specific chrome plugins that help Wowhead not be literally the worst performing website on the internet? It's been barely usable for me for months now, just becoming totally bogged down and unresponsive after a minute on any given page. I imagine it's a result of all the scripts supporting the multiple types of ads.

By the way, are there any specific chrome plugins that help Wowhead not be literally the worst performing website on the internet? It's been barely usable for me for months now, just becoming totally bogged down and unresponsive after a minute on any given page. I imagine it's a result of all the scripts supporting the multiple types of ads.

I use FlashControl, Ghostery, uBlock Origin, and uBlock Origin Extra. No issues with all of that going.

Lain

I really hate the new Brewmaster staff holding.

But Lain, how can you hate it? It looks awesome! If only the thing would stick instead of my brewmaster always reverting to the old staff stuck to my back like any old stupid staves.

iirate

I really hate the new Brewmaster staff holding.

But Lain, how can you hate it? It looks awesome! If only the thing would stick instead of my brewmaster always reverting to the old staff stuck to my back like any old stupid staves.

I have sheath/unsheath bound on my numpad and press it compulsively at this point.

Lain

Went to kill those soul stealers and managed to get the new Hunter legendary chest which I wanted. I guess I could retire happy now.

Neverwas

Haven't played since the first two months of WoD, but I got a new PC over the weekend and decided to jump back in. Mostly playing my Afflock main, with a little DH on the side. Not sure how long i'll stick around, but it's fun playing through the story missions. They seem really grim this time around. I don't know how many times I completed a quest just to watch the group of NPCs I just helped get wiped out lol.

EmiPrime

Honestly, it hasn't been all that unfriendly to my alt -- the champion upgrades are the one sore spot so far. Besides that, its barely been a week and I'm ilvl 881, I have Concordance, I got my first legendary, I have my class mount, and in a few days I'll have maxed out the last Order Hall upgrade. I don't think I need to grind rep for anything since the Suramar dungeons are already unlocked.

That said, I can definitely see how jumping in midway through this expac could be a major pain in the ass though.

It depends what you want from your alt and when you started the expansion and while the stuff added to 7.2 isn't so bad (Legionfall rep and their quest line is very easy) everything before that is difficult to play catchup.

I have a main alt on which I try to do everything I did on my main (all my other alts I just use for their professions) but I don't feel up to it this time.

Is there a list of things that will be unattainable after Legion? I only subscribe for a couple of months a year (it's for my own good!) and I like to prioritise these things (MOP and WOD challenge modes were awesome).

Is there a list of things that will be unattainable after Legion? I only subscribe for a couple of months a year (it's for my own good!) and I like to prioritise these things (MOP and WOD challenge modes were awesome).

Aside from Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge for Tomb and Antorus and the rewards

The red infernal mount from Mythic Gul'dan will probably drop to 1% droprate instead of guaranteed one per kill. Not sure about the mount from Sass'zine.

For group activities that will become more difficult to find a group, but actually difficult, I'm not sure. By level 120 mythic 15 should be soloable going by how Legion item lvls have scaled. By the end of this xpac people will be able to solo mythic Nythendra. Hell wouldn't be surprised if a Vengeance DH can now.

At this moment, we're not really sure, like how honor levels will work next xpac. Will they reset and the achievements turn into Feats? dunno. Next expansion is still a ways off. If you want to get rid of long-haul achievements its probably best to grind out 10,000 world quests, fish up all the coins from the Legion dalaran fountain, all class hall questlines completed, 250 legion digsites if that sounds fun to you.

Syf

Banned
Just started watching. Anything interesting yet?

You'll be able to choose specific relic types on Argus relinquished vendor (will be 910+) thank god.

Top Bottom