• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Suicide Prevention Day 2018

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
With Mac Miller dying over an apparent overdose (Technically an unintentional suicide) this past weekend i feel it is needed to put this day into the limelight, aswell as for those GAFers currently living in more cloudy situations. There is a listening ear around, a space to talk to. Whatever your story is, you don't have to write it all by yourself. Let others hear and listen to your story. May they mark new chapters towards alternative pathways in your lives.

If you are thinking of hurting yourself, please get help right away! Go to the hospital emergency department - if you are thinking of ending your own life, it is a medical emergency. If you need help figuring out where to go, a suicide hotline can help.

US National Suicide Hotlines: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Hotlines by state

Canada http://ospn.ca/
and the Mental Health Helpline - http://www.mentalhealthhelpline.ca/

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario

1-866-797-0000

UK Samaritans Charity 08457 90 90 90*
Northern Ireland Lifeline: 0808 808 8000

Australia LifeLine 13 11 14
New Zealand Crisis Contacts

Crisis centers by country.

The Trevor Project 866 488 7386
"providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth"

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1

“I still see my hands coming off the railing,” he said. As he crossed the chord in flight, Baldwin recalls, “I instantly realized that everything in my life that I’d thought was unfixable was totally fixable—except for having just jumped.”

Places to find help:

US
NAMI

UK
SANE

EU
EUFAMI

This has been a notification thread for World Suicide Prevention Day 2018. Please reach out and get your voice heard - No voice should be left muted.

Thank you to all who read this.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I think the problem with people who want to kill themselves (speaking from experience from years ago), you aren't exactly in the right state of mind to get help.

You can feel so overwhelmed by sadness, loneliness, hopelessness... in that moment you're at the end of your rope and just want it to stop. You almost have to train yourself to catch yourself as you're approaching this place...which takes a lot of work.

I'd never felt compelled to call a crisis hotline when I was really bad, but oddly enough the resource I was using to research the best way to go also provided me with some positive context on why I should stop and consider what I'm doing...emphasizing the weight of what I'm considering.

Hopefully no one's suffering like that right now.

As lame as it sounds, there are always people who will care about you. But in order to really save yourself, you need to take the steps while you're NOT knee-deep in emotion to create the safety net.

Gander

Banned
If we don't get anything else right I think we can all agree that the U.S. should have a 24/7 mental health line where you can get full on counselling over the phone for free.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Anyone know what happened to the member dagZ? He hasn't logged in since April and I'm very worried since he was very depressed. Hopefully he didn't do anything stupid..

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Anyone know what happened to the member dagZ? He hasn't logged in since April and I'm very worried since he was very depressed. Hopefully he didn't do anything stupid..
I think this is something you have to ask EviLore EviLore . Maybe the staff can help you out - Within legal margin.

Top Bottom