• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Video Game Site awards

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
So we always like to talk about which online sites have the best features. Well I thought it would be nice to know who does the best at being the worst. Hopefully we can at least be unbiased about this =) unless you work for the site.

I'll start it off with the big three:

IGN
- Wost video shows
- Most hated Character: MaTT Casamassina
- Most boring cast

1up
- Worst site layout horrible load times (that is when it doesnt crash)
- Worst Reviews (have recently stepped it up for the worst in this department)
- Worst commentary in articles
- Dumbest person in the VG journalism "Garnet"
- Slowest news, very little exclusives (has been improving lately I think they are reading GAF more often)

Gamespot
- Worst looking cast
- Worst community in terms of idiotic comments (not counting gamefaqs)
EDIT: -Worst at playing games. EVER (see on the spot for reference)

TheProfessor said:
Gamespot
- Worst looking cast
- Worst community in terms of idiotic comments (not counting gamefaqs)

No. In terms of idiocy, Gamespot's System Wars beats the crap out of NGG by a country mile.

And you forgot to add 'Worst at playing games. EVER.'

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Littleberu said:
Worst thread ever : Worst Video Game Site awards

GOT YOU AT YA OWN GAME DUDE
Wow you owned me...

Whats with the hate? All three sites at great but I just want to see what people think they should improve on.

skip

dv-tumbleweed-1.jpg

border

Garnet isn't dumb -- he's like a naive, easily-influenced young boy. Which is weird because he's really old.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
TheProfessor said:
So we always like to talk about which online sites have the best features.

Really? Usually I can't walk two steps here without tripping over a thread telling me how much IGN, 1Up, Gamespot, or where ever sucks / is biased / has an editorial team with their heads up their ass. :p

RSP

Video game websites should be about;

news updates and media.

xboxyde & playsyde for the mother****ing win.

now give us a wiiyde.com :)

Koomaster

GS killed their community, it used to be a great place, till it was obvious the people in charge didn't care about those in the community. Then it quickly started filling up with the worst from the web.

BTW: GS and GFAQs are linked now right?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
RSP said:
now give us a wiiyde.com :)
Gamersyde when it's launched (not the current temporary page) will be about all 3 major consoles. In the end we will certainly only keep xboxyde because it's got a big community, close playsyde and have all the news on gamersyde, with the Xbox stuff also available on xboxyde as before.
Portables I don't think so, we'll have some stuff about them in Gamersyde Diaries, but I'm simply not interested enough in these to write daily news about them.
That's if everything goes as expected, doing coverage on all 3 systems will require both snoopers and I to finally work full time on this, so we will have to make enough money to be able to eat everyday.

JDSN

Banned
I dont see anything wrong with Matt C, sure he love Silicon Knights and wants to bone Perry Kaplan but IMO he is one of the best sources when it comes to Nintendo stuff.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Zenith said:
I'd say Gamespot has the worst news by far (out of the "big 3"). it's practically non-existant.
They just know how to ghide their news so that noone can ever read them without studying their site.

Top Bottom