• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you be interested in a Dragon Age Collection?

Would you like Dragon Age to be remastered/remade?

• Yes

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I'd rather buy a remaster of the remake of the Last of Us.

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

llLeonhart

Recently the lead writer from Dragon Age Orgins, David Gaider, revealed his personal interest in seeing the game being remade with quote "PS5-era bells and whistles"

We're getting so many remasters and remakes nowadays despite of the perceived success of franchises (even Kingdoms of Amalur, which released brand new content to boot), yet one of the best franchises of the PS3/360 era is getting no love whatsoever.

EA themselves put two great examples in Dead Space Remake and Mass Effect Trilogy.

That got me thinking how much I've wanted a Dragon age collection, even back on PS4. As I had so much fond memories of DA:O specifically.

Getting a polish up, refine gameplay systems, and get rid of some of it's jank would, in my opinion, make a truly excelent game.

But what say you, GAF?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If I were to make a list of games that I'd be excited to see remade, Dragon Age wouldn't probably be on it.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't say I played DA:O for the grafix, so no.

Portugeezer

I only have so much time. Just the first game is enough to remaster.

Also this is EA, I'm still waiting for Bad Company 2 remake.

Would make sense to release this prior to Dragon Age: Dread Wolf, though the only one that actually needs work is the first game. Dragon Age II is despised by most people even though it had one of the best romance options with Merrill and Inquisition still looks fantastic even to this day.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Fuck remakes and fuck remasters.

If your remake plays just the same as the original, it's a scam. Simple as.

Majormaxxx

Never finished Dao, but it was really fun. However, some of the models were ugly. So if they fixed not just resolution and texture quality, but also some of the wonky facial models, that would be great.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Could be cool I guess. I'd just get it on EA Play, so I'm not dying to buy it. But I guess I'd be more into this than Dead Space.

They could improve part 2 maybe.

KiteGr

I woud rather play modded versions of the pc version.
The first game is rough around the edges and was clearly made for PC use.
The 2nd is bare bones and require additions.

The only real way to play is lile this.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I had to vote no because you specifically asked "Dragon Age Collection"

Origins as many have said 100% yes, 2 and inquisition though can fuck off.

jaysius

Banned
The only good game is Origins, the rest are pure shit.

This IP has no direction, it's a fucking mess. If you want to play something similar just play Divine Divinity Original Sin series.

Reactions: Gp1

Mr Hyde

Only played Inquisition and it was okay, but I don't really care about Dragon Age so a remaster is whatever. Not a big fan of Bioware to be honest.

Elitro

Not a fan of revisiting old games, would rather have them focus the manpower on making Dreadwolf decent.

Kacho

I'm good. I have zero desire to revisit Bioware games from that era. They weren't that interesting.

Moonjt9

I’d be down with an Origins remake. The rest of the games are garbage though, best left to rot in the trash heap of history.

Last edited:

llLeonhart

I had to vote no because you specifically asked "Dragon Age Collection"

Origins as many have said 100% yes, 2 and inquisition though can fuck off.
Well my interest lays primarily in Origins too, though I wouldn't mind replaying 2. It had some of my favorite companions in gaming.

Ailike

I loved DAO, and even got some time out of 2 (Still have Inq on my desktop, never played it though). It was a product of its time. Keep the good memories. Lets not dredge the bad stuff up and ruin that. Let's let the past stay the past.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well my interest lays primarily in Origins too, though I wouldn't mind replaying 2. It had some of my favorite companions in gaming.

I shudder everytime I think about Anders being in that game... what a fucking terrible character... sure his DLC appearence in Origins was unremarkable, but I would take that anyday over DAII Anders.

Never mind every group of enemy jump into battle like there the putty patrol from power rangers... hell the darkspawn even look like them after the redesign in II.

Last edited:

stn

I'd love a remake of Origins that keeps the gameplay intact, as it is one of my favorite games of all time. I'd also happily take a remake of the sequel, as I enjoyed it as well.

I’ll take a Dragon Age Origin graphics remake. Leave everything else the fuck alone though! I don’t want action gameplay and I don’t need the story being altered. Anyone who disagrees is just straight up wrong.

phant0m

no. i'm tired of remakes and remasters. can no one write something original anymore?

please make the new game good.

Top Bottom