• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever join a 1%er Motorcycle club????

Now, I was always impressed with 1 percenter motorcycle clubs. I'm a huge fan of Mayans MC and Sons of Anarchy.
I do understand that these shows are romanticized versions of the real 1 percenter clubs. I know this shit isn't real. It was like this maybe in the 70's or 80's but nowadays it isn't. From what I read.
But still I find it fascinating. The whole brotherhood, patching in, bikes, having a place where you belong, hanging around with tattooed alpha males, drinking beer, riding, the whole outlaw thing, toughness etc.
I dunno, I'm fascinated with that. If that shit is anything like in the shows, I'd wanna be a member. But sadly, I think it's not like that anymore. There are no 1%er clubs here in my part of Slav world, so even if I wanted to join I can't.
So what do you think about 1%er M.C. clubs? Would you ever consider joining them? Is it anything like in the shows?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
We drive Euro cars, Vw's, Skodas, Audi's, Bmw's, Opel's and many other brands.
As bikes go, there's all kinds of bikes in Slav lands. Even harleys. Sadly these modern dudes today are more into japanese sport bikes then in manly harleys and cruisers.
Why do you guys like Adidas so much

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That's a russian thing not a general Slav thing.
Explain this
IDyAA3C.jpg

Both my parents were/are in the MC and I grew up around it. Both the Mayans and SoA are nothing but fluffy tv and it is nothing like that. I mean there 100% is a code and people you don't even dare fuck around with; but if you follow the rules you're good and loved.
After my dad died I have known nothing but kindness and care from almost everyone.

xrnzaaas

In my country motorcycle clubs are just friends hanging out together and also doing a lot of cheritable work like visiting children hospices. I'm still planning to get my motorcycle driving license and I'll be planning to drive solo, I don't think any of my friends are into that stuff.

As for the US, I enjoyed watching SoA (well at least until the first few seasons) and playing Days Gone, but I'd never go through with it myself. ;)

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I know an old Mongol who can recall times entire freeways were shutdown for gang shootouts. Most of them are either ex patriot maniacs or just maniacs to begin with and it was all about trafficking drugs which most of them were jacked up on at the time.

Was sort of like a barbarian/hippy life for those that couldn't fit in society. I love the shows too but I'm a big pussy so I'll stick to the shows.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
As with anything, you can't generalize all groups, but you can draw some parallels that may not be too far off. SoA brought it into pop culture. It is "cool" to be a tattooed bad boy. Some bike clubs actually do good for their communities and teach people a lot about respecting others. There are some that are garbage. I've found that a lot of these tend to be in small towns where there isn't much else to do, so they want that sense of belonging, brotherhood, structure that would otherwise be tough to find.

Personally, I'm not a fan of many groups where you work to conform to others. To dress, act, and think like them for approval. I do think there is a lot to say about their camaraderie though.

Top Bottom