• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you implant Cyberware if you lived in the Cyberpunk world?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yes

I have thought about this..

And it's a yes from me.

My wife said no. I don't let stupid ethics get in the way of a good cyber Eye though.

Paltheos

Only if there was a way to disable wifi from my body. Last thing I need is some asshole messing with my senses and memories.

That's one of the big points of Cyberpunk's world that I always found kinda dumb - Everyone is always hooked up to the world wide web (and they just rely on varying levels of security they know isn't foolproof). There are tons of situations where a local network or intranet option would have been advantageous too. Or just unplugging. If you see your pal's head explode, you know your enemy's got a netrunner on their side so what are you doing staying connected?

T4keD0wN

Hell yeah, i would get eyes, hover legs and definitely sandevistan so i could attempt to avoid car accidents on the way to my 3rd full-time job that ill need to both afford them and eat the same day.

But id rather go to a "back alley butcher" instead of a corpo owned place that will install spyware and remote shutdown malware thatll active if i would miss a single payment on my 5th mortgage.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Yes I would install cyber implants finding the perfect clinic with a doctor who can assist installing some aggressive mind scanners, you have to at least consider installing cybersecurity devices in your skull.

ahtlas7

Yes, Xray vision eyes for seeing through stuff
Wink Flirting GIF

Zathalus

Well hopefully I would be rich enough to afford the good shit. None of that back ally ripperdoc stuff for me.

Rockondevil

Being colourblind I’d absolutely get an eye.
But I’m also down for limbs too if they’re better than what I’ve got.

I don’t even need to be in the cyberpunk world. If I could affordably now I would.

GymWolf

Gold Member
No, you basically turn into a fucking robot.

These people literally put chips in their neck like i put an usb key on my pc.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I imagine me walking down the street, and suddenly a pop-up shows up saying I have to reboot Windows because of some update.

QSD

It would just be mega uncomfortable to have like half your body consist of metal parts. How do you find a position to sleep in?

FeralEcho

Hell yeah i would,better eyesight,more strength.I wouldn't go crazy with the enhancements though...like QSD said it must be extremely uncomfortable to sleep if you have metal arms and metal parts or shit like that.

Woggleman

As much as a love this game some of it is far fetched. A person with mantis blades would have a hard time traveling because they have a deadly weapon built into their arms. Also if Cyberware is that easily hackable that a skilled net runner could kill you just by loading a virus into your brain something would certainly be done about it.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
It would just be mega uncomfortable to have like half your body consist of metal parts. How do you find a position to sleep in?
Hell yeah i would,better eyesight,more strength.I wouldn't go crazy with the enhancements though...like QSD said it must be extremely uncomfortable to sleep if you have metal arms and metal parts or shit like that.

What if all you needed for a good night's rest was a system reboot that lasted 10-15 seconds? Then you're good to go.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The real practical value is in organ replacement. Failing liver, never fear, HEPATO-BIOWARE is here! Kidneys go out? Just drop in some renal Kirikutisky upgrades and you will be peeing clear in no time! All the combat stuff would be ultra fringe and probably illegal for the masses.

And yeah, robo-dick would be the #1 best seller :p

TransTrender

Gold Member
Yes absolutely.
Not so much stuff that goes in your head, but sure for ankles, feet, wrists, below the elbow, arms, legs, etc.

QSD

What if all you needed for a good night's rest was a system reboot that lasted 10-15 seconds? Then you're good to go.
Yeah so we don't fully understand all the functions of sleep, but we do know that if you deprive people of their REM sleep, they go fucking bonkers. It'll be the end of the world as we know it 😉

Anyway, until such time as we do figure it out I will be opting out of becoming a psychotic person and besides, what's better that a sweet undisturbed nap?

Shiiit, I’m already there due to a brief dance with heart failure. Having a built-in defibrillator, when the aliens dig up my corpse I’ll be classified as a first generation cyborg. And sign me up for Musk’s brain implant shenanigans

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I don’t think you’d have a choice if you wanted to survive when everyone else is absolutely guaranteed to do it on some level.

Top Bottom