• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you rather have work-free flawless teeth or super feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggles

Banned
Are you guys kidding me? It's feet by a mile.

I can take care of my teeth just fine, but all the problems solved by these feet augs are out of my control. Even before you get into the pain/injury spectrum of these powers, having comfortable feet vs. uncomfortable feet is one of the most influential things on my happiness level.

Plus, you'd never have to wear socks ever again. Man. Imagine it.

RSP

I saw an image a good while ago where a dude had bad teeth.

The image also revealed he had three arms, and some other weird shit going on, but all you could see were the teeth.

So teeth.

Edit, found it.

Colgates-campaign-promoting-their-dental-floss.jpg

Two Words

If this means you can stay awake indefinitely as long as you're standing/walking, then clearly the super feet are the winner. With the amount of money you can make from exploiting such an ability, you'd just be able to buy the perfect teeth.
It means tired as in exhaustion, not sleepy.

TEETH

I would give anything to not have to worry about dental bills rest of my life. SOre feet I can fucking deal with. I wear heels.

Two Words

Yeah, in just going to chalk up people that are laughing off feet as having different experience with feet issues from myself. There have been many times where I cancel to do stuff because my feet being sore just drains all of my energy and desire to do stuff besides just laying down. This would occur a lot when I had to work on my feet all day. It can still happen every so often when I have a busy day on my feet. It is especially bad if I do something athletic like play basketball.

My teeth have only been a problem a few times in my life. The pain was unbearable in those moments, but it isn't a daily nuisance like feet problems are.

Perfect...... feet?

Like, are some people's feet super high-maintenance or something?

We use our feet every day, even more than our teeth. Our feet take a lot of wear and tear and impact us a lot. I think most people just get used to sore feet. When I stopped working on my feet, I suddenly realized how often my feet were sore and it was such a relief for it to stop.

Feet are way more important especially when you get older. Plus I do a lot of walking at my job and I like to run, stand and whatnot.

I've thought about it for a while, and I'm changing my answer from teeth to feet

Oral hygiene is a pain to maintain, but those feet advantages are just things you could never actually get with any sort of training, so it's gotta be the feet

Two Words

I think many people are disregarding how much healthier and more active people could be if their feet didn't get sore or worn out.

Two Words

It's just that feet are like, zero maintenance beyond clipping your toenails.
Maintenance aren't the only things to consider. You can't do anything with maintenance to make your feet not sore if you have to be on your feet. So having the ability to simply never get sore feet or never get tired on your feet is very significant. You literally can't do that naturally. You can maintain your teeth to be healthy under your own will.

Oxn

The true competitor for flawless teeth would be flawless skin.

That should be the next topic, cause i would go with flawless skin. Teeth is easier to fix than bad skin.

hungry_man

Neo Member
Teeth are more apparent so it's an easy decision really. That said i have perfrct teeth but my big toe nail on my right foot is pretty black from dropping my ps4 on my foot on xanax. Any suggestions on how to fix this shit it's been like this for nearly a month.

I worked in an office setting for years, and physical labor for a little bit. If I worked office for life; then teeth. If I worked physical labor for life; then feet, then back, then hands.

Teeth are more apparent so it's an easy decision really. That said i have perfrct teeth but my big toe nail on my right foot is pretty black from dropping my ps4 on my foot on xanax. Any suggestions on how to fix this shit it's been like this for nearly a month.

In my experience, eventually it will loosen/fall off and another nail will have grown in underneath, just takes a while.

jblank83

You should have seen a doctor right away. You probably had blood trapped under the nail. It could have been evacuated at the time with a drilling/puncture procedure.

In the future, if anyone drops something on their toe and gets swelling or a lot of blood under the nail, go see a doctor.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I have particularly bad lasting/annoying pain in my right ankle from a severe break almost 6 years ago. Still have pain and stiffness especially when I try to run or jog around with my daughter. Limited flexion and ROM - weird sometimes pains that can almost drop me to the ground if i step super wrong and I don't even want to imagine what the pain will be like when I inevitably sprain my ankle again sometime in the future.

IF the super feet would take care of my ankle as well I might have to toss a coin ...

otherwise teeth obvi..

I'm honestly shocked at all the teeth responses. Brush and floss, and almost no one will have many teeth issues.

Sore feet from sports, or just in general..sprained ankles..heel issues..this stuff is not easy to fix or maintain if you run a lot or play any sports. No sweaty socks? Sounds amazing.

I can actually take care of my teeth and prevent many of the dangers that come from bad teeth. On the other hand, there isn't much I can do to stop my feet from feeling sore and being on fire in certain shoes.

I'll be a weirdo and pick feet.

Oh man, I would definitely take perfect back over teeth

Same.

HardRojo

Teeth. Not having to brush early in the morning and being able to kiss someone right after waking up without worrying is a lot better than flawless feet, thing is they'd need to have that too otherwise the kiss would be awkward lol.

Two Words

Teeth. Not having to brush early in the morning and being able to kiss someone right after waking up without worrying is a lot better than flawless feet, thing is they'd need to have that too otherwise the kiss would be awkward lol.
You must have a lot of kissing to do if brushing your teeth is a significant bottleneck in your life.

Teeth win again for me though this is closer to the hair question. As someone who has suffered intermittent athletes foot over the years, this makes it closer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom