• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you take this challenge?

Is this a good challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • Lemme think about it...

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • What kind of relationship do you have with your older sister?

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
My older sister last night brought up an interesting challenge to me: To reorganize our games from A-Z, and play each and every single one of them in alphabetical order.

Now, the interesting part of this challenge is that I have games all the way from the NES to the current generation. I cannot skip a single one, unless the game is broken and there for collection reasonings (Like my copy of Soul Blade), or the console is lended out (like the case for my Wii.)
Even games in my collection that I dislike, such as Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, or Resident Evil: Outbreak, I cannot skip.

So, is it a good challenge for my fellow gamers out there? To see how long this will take you, what games you start with and what games you end with?

Myself, I'm going to start with Armored Core 2. And I will end with Way of the Samurai 2. Let the challenge begin!

giphy.gif

kicker

Banned
Problems with the challenge:
- Games take a long time to complete and vary wildly in length.
- Replaying games you've finished with no other goal (exploring missed content, challenge playthrough, speedruns) in mind is boring for most people
- There are newer games to play
- Playing games in order to check off a list isn't fun, for a lot of people

I've been doing something similar to clear my backlog, and it's been fun, but the rules are different (and allow far more enjoyment, in my opinion).

edit: welp, still can't vote yet

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Well, it is an idea, I'll give her that much.

In reality though my attempt would fail before I'd even begin because the first game in my Steam library in 100% Orange Juice which I added there for shits in giggles because it was free but I have no desire to play it and I never will.

I just prefer to play whatever I feel like playing. I'm a chaotic and disorganized person by nature so trying to organize things that I do for fun will only make me bored and disinterested.

Aenima

My games library is way too big to even do this kind of challenge. I would get a gaming overdose and change my hobby for fishing or watching grass grow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just to my immediately left I have about 250 Switch games, all already in alphabetical order. To play through them all would literally take years.

Also, this:

F6HvoBb.png

Even if gaming was somehow my full time job, and I never bought a single game ever again, I'd still struggle to finish this challenge in my lifetime.

Sometimes it bums me out when I look at my Steam backlog and realize I will someday die without having played many of the games.

So then I usually buy a new game to cheer myself up.

What are you gonna do about endless games like Tetris or Geometry Wars or something?

My older sister last night brought up an interesting challenge to me: To reorganize our games from A-Z, and play each and every single one of them in alphabetical order.

Now, the interesting part of this challenge is that I have games all the way from the NES to the current generation. I cannot skip a single one, unless the game is broken and there for collection reasonings (Like my copy of Soul Blade), or the console is lended out (like the case for my Wii.)
Even games in my collection that I dislike, such as Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, or Resident Evil: Outbreak, I cannot skip.

So, is it a good challenge for my fellow gamers out there? To see how long this will take you, what games you start with and what games you end with?

Myself, I'm going to start with Armored Core 2. And I will end with Way of the Samurai 2. Let the challenge begin!

giphy.gif
That's dumb.

I have thousands of games. I'd never play another new game in my lifetime.

A.Romero

I don't see the point.

Also I'm surprised that there have been +20 posts and nobody has called you about disliking Ocarina of Time (I don't like it either).

• Strength
Reactions: K2D

ZoukGalaxy

nobody has called you about disliking Ocarina of Time (I don't like it either).
Tastes and colors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anybody is free to like or dislike something, there is nothing wrong.

Well, except ALTTP, if you don't like it you're a bad and evil person, you should seek help immediately.

I'm joking
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Last edited:
I mean to each their own but
A. I own way too much games over the years for this to be feasible
B. The vast majority of games I own probably aren't worth replaying, certainly not over new games
C. So many new games each year, I'd rather have new experiences than rehash every game I've ever played
D. That would turn gaming into a checklist, which is not great imo

Thats stupid. The amount of games I played for 30 years would be too big for me to just start playing from A to Z? You don't have a life? A job? Do you fuck your sister?

A.Romero

Tastes and colors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anybody is free to like or dislike something, there is nothing wrong.

Well, except ALTTP, if you don't like it you're a bad and evil person, you should seek help immediately.

I'm joking
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿
lol of course... Is just that tolerance is not the norm on the Internet

Ar¢tos

I can't find time to clear my backlog, I still have games from 2018 to play and you want to replay every game you own, and not even for enjoyment?!?

GMCamaro

Well, you did say play and not finish nor complete, so this sounds totally feasible and kinda fun. I would suggest posting how long you played the game and what you thought of it.

Top Bottom