• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want a new DuckTales game based on the Reboot?

Jubenhimer

Capcom's DuckTales games have been known to be some of the better licensed games on the market back in the NES days. And has been shown to even continue that quality with WayForward's DuckTales Remastered in 2013. However, those games are based on the original 1987 series with the same characters and plot-lines from that show. With Disney shuttering its gaming division to focus on licensing their characters to publishers instead, How would you feel about a new DuckTales game based on the current 2017 series? Because the new show is radically different from the 80s series, it may need a shift in gameplay to accommodate the character personalities and plot-lines of the current show.

Jubenhimer

Ducktales was rebooted?
ducktales-disney-xd-2017.jpeg

petran79

Banned
It would be very easy to implement the shows animation to actual gameplay. A 3d action-puzzle-platformer would be the best option, but since it is Disney, they will probably aim for a younger demographic with easier gameplay

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yes, I also think that the gameplay lends itself particularly well to a 3d exploration-based platformer. Capcom should do it.

Mr Hyde

Loved Duck Tales remastered. Kept it fresh while retaining the originals spirit. I´m hoping for the same treatment for the sequel.

Jubenhimer

It would be very easy to implement the shows animation to actual gameplay. A 3d action-puzzle-platformer would be the best option, but since it is Disney, they will probably aim for a younger demographic with easier gameplay
Well Marvel at least, has mandated a new policy for publishers to produce the best games possible with their characters, so perhaps Disney will follow suit.

quickwhips

I would be down Day one. I hope they reboot chip n dale rescue rangers. I love watching duck tales and ninja turtles with him. Btw I’m talking turtles before last reboot.

dirthead

Banned
No. I strongly dislike the art style in it as well as the voice acting (LaunchPad is fucking terrible).

One like HD Capcom remake one with an actual budget? Sure.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The new DuckTales reboot is awesome, I'd love to have a new game using that art style and voice acting.

Top Bottom