• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

wow, Libraries in manhatten OWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ive got some time to kill between classes so i Figure i will goto a library and i hit up the one on madison and 5th ave....I figure im just gonna go sit down at a table and just pull up my laptop and look over notes.....

I come in and go downstairs and what the hell......they got tables decked out with each desk sectioned off with a ethernet cable coming out of it and a Power source to plug in my laptops too...

im gonna come here more often. this shit ownz. Never been to a library with a whole area dedicated to laptop users...wtf.

peace

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
maybe while you're at the Library you can look at one of the signs, and realize that it's ManhattAn.

You talking about the one on 42nd? The best library is on 34th and Madison. Nice bathrooms, televisions, and lots of room to sleep, all you need from a library.

Drozmight

You are in serious danger. The FBI is monitoring all traffic in and out of internet connections placed in libraries nation wide. They now know you are a GAF user and you just need to run... as fast as you can.

border

Sactown said:
You talking about the one on 42nd? The best library is on 34th and Madison. Nice bathrooms, televisions, and lots of room to sleep, all you need from a library.
Are you a bum or something? :lol

Sactown said:
maybe while you're at the Library you can look at one of the signs, and realize that it's ManhattAn.

oh whoops

i said madison and 5th ave but i meant 34th and Madison

havent been to the one on 42nd yet.

and yea the TVs and shit by the stairs...lol

border said:
Are you a bum or something? :lol

funny you mention that cause ive seen a couple of bums sittin in the lounge chairs sleeping..lol

peace

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
They recently renovated our law library, twice. The first renovation was mainly to put in this skylight that isn't really a skylight. It's strange, even during the night, they managed to make it look like it is actually sunlight coming through those windows in the ceiling. Then during this past summer, they put in quite a lot of new furniture, mostly some really snazzy looking wood stuff, as well as some new carpeting here and there. They've got big glass doors at the main entrance of the library, although I have a bad feeling that someday the pneumatic door thingies are going to break, and somebody will find that huge pane of glass swinging wildly into them.

Kola

There seems to be a library in Manhattan which hosts original writings by Edgar Allan Poe. Always wanted to check this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom