• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Apple to unveil iPhone 8, iPhone 7s and more on September 12

chadskin

Apple Inc. has scheduled a product announcement event on Sept. 12, according to people briefed on its plans, reinforcing expectations that the technology giant will release new iPhones and a smartwatch well ahead of the holiday shopping season.

The company is expected to unveil three iPhones, according to other people familiar with its plans.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-to-hold-product-launch-event-on-sept-12-1503928157

Update:
It's happening.

NILA23c.jpg

September 12.

As someone who has to sell iPhones, fuck Apple for potentially releasing so many skus. It's a nightmare. Already have to sell the 6, SE, 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+ and all the different colours and storage sizes. Urgh.

Vuze

In for the iPhone X if it will be sold for 1000€ish. Will be a crazy upgrade from my 5S 👌 If it's too rich for me, I'll get one of those sexy jetblack 7+. Prices should drop significantly at retailers esp with holiday season etc.
And maybe the new 4K HDR Apple TV if they stick to the current price to replace my Shield. New Watch sounds dope but the prices are just way too high and will only go up. I'll sit it out and get the LTE version in two years time when its price has dropped to the "reasonable for smartwatch" realm.

TylerD

I'll start putting some money back for next year or maybe the year after. My 6S+ is still working flawlessly. Thank you extra RAM!

Interested to watch all the reactions and coverage/reviews though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
With the insane resale value of iPhones, my upgrade is practically free every year. I'm in for an iPhone 8 and a new Apple TV.

Akira

I'm ready for it. Hoping they will offer the iPhone Upgrade Plan right off the bat when preorders open.

Fhtagn

99% sure I’m in for the iPhone Pro, 75% sure I’m in for the Apple TV 4K, skipping this watch gen unless it’s a massive upgrade from the series 2

Quick

Banned
Might be in for an iPhone 8, maybe a 7S+ if that's a thing.

Either way, I'm almost set on getting a new phone.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the edge to edge OLED screen is not the main feature of the new iPhone.

I'm very interested in the 4K Apple TV, though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Hopefully the edge to edge OLED screen is not the main feature of the new iPhone.
multiple "main" features. 3D IR facial recognition for unlocking, probably some sort of eye gesture thing, edge to edge OLED, I'm assuming with the CPU/GPU boost and such there will be AR features exclusive to the 8. also if Pencil support is added this year it will also almost assuredly be exclusive to the 8. As a long shot (along with Pencil support?) I'd say a 120Hz screen.

RoKKeR

Think I'm jumping back to team Apple for this one. Looking forward to the event, not looking forward to the crate in the wallet.

(Thankfully I can upgrade soon so I'll just roll it into a new installment plan)

Fuchsdh

The Watch Series 3 might be what would cause me to buy in, if they actually update it this time. We'll have to see.

My 6 is still performing like a champ so no reason to open my wallet this go-round.

But hey, Apple, how about a single slide and ten-second mention that you updated the Mac minis with the MBP guts and TB3?

Juice

As someone who has to sell iPhones, fuck Apple for potentially releasing so many skus. It's a nightmare. Already have to sell the 6, SE, 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+ and all the different colours and storage sizes. Urgh.

The iPhone as a product generates more revenue than many countries' entire economies. I don't think two dozen SKUs is unreasonable.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm on the Apple upgrade program, so I'll upgrade to the 8, but my wife might also want it and I'll be adding her to the upgrade program for the first time. I wonder how shitty that checkout process will go at 3AM when I am trying to do both...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I've said this in every rumor thread and I'll say it here.

I'll be waking up at 2:55am on September 14th to preorder the iPhone 8. LETS GO

Fuchsdh

The SE is rumoured to be either dead or an update coming next year.

Given how well the SE sold, the latter is far more likely. Doesn't make much sense to update the budget smaller model at the same time as the new hotness when you want to drive your ASP up. The SE was basically a 6S that came out less than a year later for $250 less. My guess is we'll see a similar <1 year gap before it gets refreshed.

Red

Right now I pay $46/month for Apple upgrade plan. I am okay with paying up to $10 more. Cautiously optimistic about the 8... if the price is too outrageous I will have to pass.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm excited for 4K TV to be invented finally. Sucks that we're all stuck with 1080p right now.

Top Bottom