• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
the problem is that it's zerohedge -- we don't know if its true!!
If Twitters says no...

...then it must be really bad.

tumblr_oyt96cJ0fe1u9rk0xo1_r1_400.gifv

keraj37

American friends - be aware:

Why Is The Government Turning 11 Military Bases Inside The US Into Quarantine Camps?

If this coronavirus outbreak is not a serious threat, then why is the U.S. government preparing to quarantine victims all over America? As you will see below, 11 U.S. military bases located close to major airports are being converted into “quarantine centers” for potential patients. When I first learned about this, I was greatly alarmed, because we have all seen what is going on in China right now. People are literally being physically dragged out of their homes and are being forcibly relocated to “mass quarantine camps” with hordes of other very sick people. Sadly, many of them will never come out of those camps alive. If this virus starts spreading like wildfire here in the United States, is it possible that something similar could start happening here?

source

Mihos

Gold Member
I'm talking about automotive electronics. Unpopulated/Bare PCBs.

I can't speak for the consumer electronics side of things, but I am fairly sure it is just as bad for them as it is for me.

Our Chinese facility is open, but all employees that commute into the city are on a 14 quarantine, which is a little bit over half our staff, so best case... we will be back to full operations in 2 weeks.

Banned
there's no sign of fear in my country about this virus, not yet or never...

I hope it won't spread because our population very dense and health care is a joke here

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Coronavirus 'could infect 60% of global population if unchecked'
"Ebola could kill 70% of the world's population if ________!"
"You could marry Jennifer Lawrence if _______."
"The browns could win the super bowl if _______."

These fucking headlines are getting more and more sensationalized.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
No nooooooo. Everybody should still cruise, cruises are perfectly saaaafeeee.

Disclaimer: I might have ulterior motives
I have a cruise booked in a few months. Need to call my TA and alter the deal, and they had better hope I dont later it any farther....especially since it is a princess cruise and I'm not too sure they will still exist as a company once those Japan cruise lawsuits come rolling in :p

Fun Fanboy

Banned
Wonder how true it is that North Korea is being quiet because many are infected. I hear they canceled some army type show that they're always proud to show off. Couldn't imagine the poor there trying to fight this virus.

cryptoadam

Banned
Is there any studies on the non asian infection rate?

Sucks for those on the ship but a country has to put its people first. How would the government be able to answer to bringing the virus into the country?

And China has to be lying with its numbers if nations are acting like this.

Mistake

I don’t know how fast they can crank out testing kits honestly. So between that and lab results taking time, everything is behind. Besides the fudging, I’d assume numbers are lower than reported

Karma Jawa

Some interesting and difficult ethical questions emerging from all of this.

If the virus is a lot worse than China are letting on, and they’re taking extreme action to keep it as contained as possible (alleged actions ranging from locking people in tower blocks, aggressive arrests and surreptitious mass burnings of victims), is this actually a good thing?

At best it’s a brutal example of ‘for the greater good’.

At worst it’s favouring crimes against human rights over losing face politically and requesting global assistance.

At the moment it seems somewhere in between.

Well...since we are dealing with China here....I am far more willing to believe that authoritarian governments like China have a stranglehold on the country and have many reasons to fuck with the numbers making nearly everything coming from "official sources" ripe for some side eyed viewing.

Sure, quarantines work but it is hard to believe anything coming from China. Unfortunately that is like beating a dead horse in this thread cause most of what's posted in here is so flaky.

Well...since we are dealing with China here....I am far more willing to believe that authoritarian governments like China have a stranglehold on the country and have many reasons to fuck with the numbers making nearly everything coming from "official sources" ripe for some side eyed viewing.

Sure, quarantines work but it is hard to believe anything coming from China. Unfortunately that is like beating a dead horse in this thread cause most of what's posted in here is so flaky.

Get over your conditioning. Propaganda ain't healthy long term. More of this so called authoritarian government's citizens freely traverse the planet for business and pleasure on a yearly basis than any other nations'. So your false diatribe is hilarious in that context.

Last edited:
Get over your conditioning. Propaganda ain't healthy long term. More of this so called authoritarian government's citizens freely traverse the planet for business and pleasure on a yearly basis than any other nations'. So your false diatribe is hilarious in that context.

I am under the impression that you are trolling cause there is no way anyone with half a brain could look at how China's government operates and not have "authoritarian" come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom