• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K24 censors video footage of Vince McMahon

mansoor1980

Gold Member
strut-walk.gif

Bimbo was mad she only got $1 million out of the promised $3 million from Vince. If she got the full amount, she would have continued getting shit on with no issues.

Vince Mcmahon Laughing GIF by WWE
To be fair, that's Vince's MO going back decades for all matters of business. Pay the first few installments on a payment plan and then fuck the rest and see if the other party will try to enforce it.

Kings Field

To be fair, that's Vince's MO going back decades for all matters of business. Pay the first few installments on a payment plan and then fuck the rest and see if the other party will try to enforce it.

True. Vince always has been a scumbag. I just find it comical that the woman had no issues with anything until he stopped paying. I’m sure others were harassed or forced into sex without being paid a nice sum of cash and they are forgotten about. I think Ashley Massaro was one of them if I remember.

True. Vince always has been a scumbag. I just find it comical that the woman had no issues with anything until he stopped paying. I’m sure others were harassed or forced into sex without being paid a nice sum of cash and they are forgotten about. I think Ashley Massaro was one of them if I remember.
Ashley was allegedly raped by military personnel while on tour in the Middle East and was allegedly told by WWE management to keep it quiet because it would damage the relationship WWE had with the military. Then she also alleged she turned down advances from Vince and was then given intentionally shitty gimmicks and shitty promos written by Vince to kill her career.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
He's being accused of being a rapist and a sex trafficker.

That being said, I get why they want to remove him from the game, but are they really just blurring his image? Is that the best they could manage?
Yeah I 100% get why they don’t want this scumbag featured in the game, but WTF? Does this make anybody feel better having his face blurred? We all know it’s him and it just draws 10x more attention to him, and it looks stupid.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Show us in any of the reporting that has been put forth that the woman (we'll just ignore the other women with their own Vince stories or the numerous other NDA's he's paid out on or recently settled) "had no issue" with any of the behavior Vince is alleged to have engaged in. You are conflating agreeing to an NDA to agreeing to all activity covered under it.

. . .and Ashley Massaro committed suicide after run with the WWE, the end of which apparently was hasted because she - after appearing in Playboy and catching Ol' Man Vince's eye - refused the advances of the Chairman.

MarkMe2525

Ashley was allegedly raped by military personnel while on tour in the Middle East and was allegedly told by WWE management to keep it quiet because it would damage the relationship WWE had with the military. Then she also alleged she turned down advances from Vince and was then given intentionally shitty gimmicks and shitty promos written by Vince to kill her career.
The thing about "sports entertainment" is that most of the promos and gimmicks made by creative are shitty. It's the wrestlers job to figure out a way to get them over. I realize this is off point for the most part, but there are an untold number of wrestlers that all say the same thing, "they gave me this character or made me say this to bury me". Then you have people like Sammy Zane who take this ridiculous direction and make it work by leaning into it and giving it their all.

Last one I had was 2k22 and they already had issues with having to blur the referees faces which was distracting and cheap-looking. At this rate 2k28 is just going to be a bunch of blurry screens with a Corey Graves voice over.

soulbait

They should delay the game and completely replace his character if they feel he shouldn’t be in it.

That is actual footage from their show, not a character in a game. The game has a mode where you play through big matches of WrestleMania history, and they show video clips of what lead up to the match. Blurring his face out probably only happened in the last month or so as the new allegations came to light.

For those saying "well she was fine with it until she stopped receiving money": Yeah that's how NDA work. She signed an agreement that she would not talk about what happened and they would pay her a set amount of money to honor that. She kept her side of the deal until they stopped paying.

NickFire

That is actual footage from their show, not a character in a game. The game has a mode where you play through big matches of WrestleMania history, and they show video clips of what lead up to the match. Blurring his face out probably only happened in the last month or so as the new allegations came to light.

For those saying "well she was fine with it until she stopped receiving money": Yeah that's how NDA work. She signed an agreement that she would not talk about what happened and they would pay her a set amount of money to honor that. She kept her side of the deal until they stopped paying.
I’m not defending him. I just think it’s stupid to sell a game with blurred faces. If they are standing on principle I think they should go all the way with it, delay the game, and release it without blurred faces. If it takes time it takes time. Just my opinion.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Is any of that stuff proven or is it the usual "she said, he said"?
And then someone loses his career (in this case will probably land very softly on his millions, but anyway) and then later it comes out that nothing really happened or could be proven.

Kings Field

Show us in any of the reporting that has been put forth that the woman (we'll just ignore the other women with their own Vince stories or the numerous other NDA's he's paid out on or recently settled) "had no issue" with any of the behavior Vince is alleged to have engaged in. You are conflating agreeing to an NDA to agreeing to all activity covered under it.

. . .and Ashley Massaro committed suicide after run with the WWE, the end of which apparently was hasted because she - after appearing in Playboy and catching Ol' Man Vince's eye - refused the advances of the Chairman.

I already know the Massaro story, you don’t have to make an attempt to lecture me on it.

grant was fine with signing the NDA for the $3 million but when Vince didn’t pay the rest, she ratted him out.

He’s a scumbag and if I were in that situation, I would have been gone the first time he made a sexual advance in the condo or the first initial sexual text he sent before they first meet.

Just my prerogative

ClosBSAS

Good riddance. While i believe in the innocent till proven guilty, i find it very hard to believe he is innocent, he was always a perv. Met him while i worked at the MoMa in NYC and he was a dick.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
People are always so quick to jump on the hate/accusation bandwagon when they don’t even know somebody and that person hasn’t even been proven guilty.

So you always wait for the courts to finish their stuff before you have a thought on all allegations?

Top Bottom