• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K24 censors video footage of Vince McMahon

Is any of that stuff proven or is it the usual "she said, he said"?
And then someone loses his career (in this case will probably land very softly on his millions, but anyway) and then later it comes out that nothing really happened or could be proven.
No, it's not proven yet. The alleged victim filed a civil lawsuit against him for allegedly violating an NDA they signed. The NDA was $3 million in exchange for her silence regarding their relationship. She alleges it was years of abuse and being taken advantage of. He hasn't commented on it yet, but my interpretation is that it just as likely could have been a consensual sugar baby/sugar daddy relationship. She had a "job" at WWE where she got a paycheck for doing nothing except allegedly fucking Vince, another exec named John Laurinitis, and wrestler Brock Lesnar (who is also being removed from the game).

That being said, the new owners of WWE I'm sure don't care if it has been proven yet or not, because they have been trying to clean up the company, which includes Vince's numerous allegations and NDA payouts (Janel Grant is not the first women to accuse Vince of abuse). Vince basically used WWE's bank accounts like his own personal piggy bank, which you can't do as a publicly traded company. So you can't blame them. They just signed a huge deal with Netflix and very nearly lost a bunch of advertisers once this lawsuit became public knowledge.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I already know the Massaro story, you don’t have to make an attempt to lecture me on it.

grant was fine with signing the NDA for the $3 million but when Vince didn’t pay the rest, she ratted him out.

He’s a scumbag and if I were in that situation, I would have been gone the first time he made a sexual advance in the condo or the first initial sexual text he sent before they first meet.

Just my prerogative

You weren't. Someone else was, and apparently it got so deep that illegal shit started happening, illegal shit that the woman agreed to keep quiet about as long as Vince kept paying. He didn't. Now they are talking. Full stop. The idea that any of that means the woman was okay with what was going on is ridiculous (would you say that to a woman in demonstrably physically abusive relationship who - for whatever reason - does not leave; no, of course not).

Oh wow, I didn't know that the ALLEGATIONS have already been through court and that he was found guilty.

He hasn't gone to court on the stuff related to the federal gubment yet, gubment stuff which includes sex trafficking (which the previously mentioned woman is alleging in her own suit to break the NDA). Like "innocent until proven guilty" but this is Cosby and Weinstein levels of evidence towards Vince's behavior, and it's pretty clear why the WWE and TKO are fumbling like this to scrub Vince from their recent product release given sordid details out there about this civil suit (especially as the game seems to be reviewing well).

I'll never understand what erasing someone or something (eg Twin Towers) should achieve.

The coming AI overlords will hopefully whitewash mankinds entire history in all media and we will all live happily ever after. Why live with history and reality when we just can pretend bad things did and do not happen and bad characters are just a figment of our imagination?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People are always so quick to jump on the hate/accusation bandwagon when they don’t even know somebody and that person hasn’t even been proven guilty.
If anyone has been following wrestling for more than 20 years, then these allegations shouldn't surprise anyone.

People don't need allegations to hate Vince. He has been a POS for years. lol.

stn

None of the Janel Grant claims against Vince are proven yet, but it looks like he breached a Minutes of Settlement/NDA by stopping payment as agreed. I usually like to avoid assuming someone is guilty and/or liable until proven when an accusation comes out, but there is too much smoke here. Just to list a few of the things that come to mind:

-Multiple steroid scandals
-Mistreating employees (ex. Montreal Screwjob)
-Family issues (ex. cheated on his wife, allegedly)
-The Ashley Massaro incident (its awful and heartbreaking)
-The Owen Heart death (apparently he was insistent on doing the stunt in a less safe way)
-Constantly fostering a toxic workplace
-Burying wrestlers just because

And other garbage I can't remember. The dude is one of the most fucked up white collar criminals I can think of.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I hope theres a mod where it removes the censored blur.... then I hope all those who get offended easily, get upset and start reporting this mod. Then I hope all that support the mod, get all upset at those who got upset with said mod.

ssringo

The Owen Heart death
This one still hurts. Bret was my guy but I loved his work with Owen (their steel cage match was awesome) and came to appreciate his work so more after he died. The details about the situation that came out after the fact as well as how much everyone loved him is just heartbreaking (no pun intended). Sad that he and Steve Austin never got proper closure about Owen injuring Steve during a match.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
very nearly lost a bunch of advertisers once this lawsuit became public knowledge.
Slim Jim Food GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is any of that stuff proven or is it the usual "she said, he said"?
And then someone loses his career (in this case will probably land very softly on his millions, but anyway) and then later it comes out that nothing really happened or could be proven.
Unsurprisingly he is very right wing and you know how the left combat things.

GreatnessRD

It's just fucking stupid. Yes, Vince McMahon is the scum of the earth, but if he's already added to the game, let's not be stupid. He's just there. It would be the last piece of existence of him in anything WWE related. My God, you couldn't have told me that the world would go so fucking far off the rails 20 years ago.

lol That looks ridiculous. Vince has done dodgy stuff for decades. Forget covering up for Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend. Forget covering up Pat Patterson's cream team with the ring boys. The thing that nails him is a woman consenting to being shit on for money? Am I missing something here?

bitbydeath

I wonder what the Succession creators are up too, now that they’ve finished with the Fox / Murdoch family it’d be great to see them do one on the McMahon’s.

images

kiphalfton

He's being accused of being a rapist and a sex trafficker.

That being said, I get why they want to remove him from the game, but are they really just blurring his image? Is that the best they could manage?

You're giving them too much credit. Did you not see the awful CGI deepfake trailer?

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
He was accused of allegedly shitting on this woman’s head, and then tag teaming her with another dude while she still had poopoo in her hair.

Lmfao. This is some discord mod fanfic stuff right here.

skyfall

Because he's an actual monster, not just his on-screen character is.

Because he turned out to be an abusive scumbag in real life, and the new owners of the company want him out of the picture.

What evidence do you have that he is a monster? Just speculation like we’ve all heard before from opportunists

Vince is a legend and an American icon

Last edited:
Oh wow, I didn't know that the ALLEGATIONS have already been through court and that he was found guilty.

I believe the only people who found him guilty is the mob. Unfortunately you loose everything based on alligations these days. Not defending him but he should at least have a chance to prove his innocence before he is stripped out of his own legacy.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
lol That looks ridiculous. Vince has done dodgy stuff for decades. Forget covering up for Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend. Forget covering up Pat Patterson's cream team with the ring boys. The thing that nails him is a woman consenting to being shit on for money? Am I missing something here?

Not much. Just McMahon being investigated for sex trafficking by the federal government.

. . .nevermind the sordid details that are coming out about the guy now that he's no longer in a position of power within the industry.

dave_d

None of the Janel Grant claims against Vince are proven yet, but it looks like he breached a Minutes of Settlement/NDA by stopping payment as agreed. I usually like to avoid assuming someone is guilty and/or liable until proven when an accusation comes out, but there is too much smoke here. Just to list a few of the things that come to mind:

-Multiple steroid scandals
-Mistreating employees (ex. Montreal Screwjob)
-Family issues (ex. cheated on his wife, allegedly)
-The Ashley Massaro incident (its awful and heartbreaking)
-The Owen Heart death (apparently he was insistent on doing the stunt in a less safe way)
-Constantly fostering a toxic workplace
-Burying wrestlers just because

And other garbage I can't remember. The dude is one of the most fucked up white collar criminals I can think of.
A minor one but not having Zelina Vega on the 20th anniversary Smackdown was a dick move. (Since her dad was literally killed at the towers. It would have been nice to let her do something in his memory but they kept her off the show.)

PUNKem733

Let's not forget getting superfly snuka to act like a island boy savage so the cops thought he knew no English while he walks into the police station with a BIG briefcase (who knows what was in it lol) When snuka killed his GF back in 80 or 81.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m just here for the popcorn, and it’s very buttery 😂

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
That's where I'm at as well. If what Janel Grant is saying is true, then he's an awful human being and deserves what coming to him. But at the same time, it seems just as likely to me that this was a consensual sugar baby/sugar daddy situation. She provided her evidence. Let's see what evidence he has.
I like how people are ok with a guy employing a woman at their company just so they and their friends can fuck her and shit on her face and then pay millions in company money to her and several others to keep quiet.
Even if this was all somehow consensual and without coercion its still majorly fucked up.

PUNKem733

I like how people are ok with a guy employing a woman at their company just so they and their friends can fuck her and shit on her face and then pay millions in company money to her and several others to keep quiet.
Even if this was all somehow consensual and without coercion its still majorly fucked up.
Reports coming out said you can "hear" shit throughout the office but people turned a blind eye to it. i wonder how far this rabbit hole goes. There are also SO MANY texts from vince zand he's a multi billionaire, so if he wanted to he could prove these were all fake texts, but he has said nothing about them. Lauranitis also has come out and said he's a victim of vince so the other dude involved is blaming vince, that means more then likely shit went down. The nasty part is after shitting on her, she just wanted to shower and go back to pleasing johnny boy, but he wouldn't allow her, supposedly had the other dude fuck her for 90 mins with shit in her hair.

Methos#1975

I recently watched a documentary about the 'Montreal Screwjob' in which Vince McMahon fucked Bret Hart.

Seems like a really shitty person overall.
Nah, the reality is that in that case knowing the history of the industry, Vince really made the only choice he could. Bret didn't want to do the right thing so his hands were tied.

I guess I wasn't clear when I wrote my original post. My intended point was, if what Janel Grant is alleging is true, then Vince is guilty of multiple sex crimes and multiple white collar securities /financial crimes. If however it was consensual, then he should only be guilty of the securities/financial crimes for paying his girlfriend/eventual ex-girlfriend lots of money for no actual business purpose, using the bank accounts of a publicly traded company. I didn't say what he did was okay if it was consensual. Just several degrees less bad.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
stephanie mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

I hope just before the judges gives his verdict we hear "Here comes the money" and Shane O Mac enters the coutroom with exonerating evidences.
But then you hear the sound of broken glass and everyone starts going wild in the courtroom because we know Stone Cold is about to enter. The Texas rattlesnake produce an enveloppe saying it contains undeniable evidence of Vince guilt and he's putting it as collateral for the title fight he demands to be given next wrestlemania. He then starts beer smashing like crazy and throwing cans at any raised hand in the courtroom. The judge obviously gettin the first one.
Vinny Mac is visibly rattled by this suprise entrance but his frown quickly turns into a smile when he sees the X rated superstar Edge comes from behind the judge's pulprit with a chair and starts wailing on the bailif and the judge at the same time. Vince and Edge meet up in the middle of the courtroom and are about to shake hands when light goes out and you hear the words "Are you ready" quickly followed by "you think you can tell us what to do ?".... Then the courthouse wall are blown to bits and you see Triple H and Shaun Michaels standing on a tank doing the D generation x ball slap at everyone, and we go to commercials.

But sadly im not sure wwe have creatives able to tell a good story like that anymore.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
stephanie mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

I hope just before the judges gives his verdict we hear "Here comes the money" and Shane O Mac enters the coutroom with exonerating evidences.
But then you hear the sound of broken glass and everyone starts going wild in the courtroom because we know Stone Cold is about to enter. The Texas rattlesnake produce an enveloppe saying it contains undeniable evidence of Vince guilt and he's putting it as collateral for the title fight he demands to be given next wrestlemania. He then starts beer smashing like crazy and throwing cans at any raised hand in the courtroom. The judge obviously gettin the first one.
Vinny Mac is visibly rattled by this suprise entrance but his frown quickly turns into a smile when he sees the X rated superstar Edge comes from behind the judge's pulprit with a chair and starts wailing on the bailif and the judge at the same time. Vince and Edge meet up in the middle of the courtroom and are about to shake hands when light goes out and you hear the words "Are you ready" quickly followed by "you think you can tell us what to do ?".... Then the courthouse wall are blown to bits and you see Triple H and Shaun Michaels standing on a tank doing the D generation x ball slap at everyone.

But sadly im not sure wwe have creatives able to tell a good story like that anymore.
66526271c65ad17ce889e7a75e4a6da7.gif

VulcanRaven

They also use video footage of him without any censoring in the Rock vs Austin Showcase match. During and after the match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom