• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Kaladin

ikcnOsU.png

8YFqo8I.jpg

IAbsVnv.jpg

WWE Countdown Preview

The Monday Night War: WWE vs WCW Preview

WWE Wrestlemania Rewind Preview

kL6GqDB.jpg

WF89JmC.jpg

On February 27th, Adrian Neville & Bo Dallas will make HISTORY as they compete for the NXT Championship in the FIRST-EVER Ladder Match in NXT HISTORY! These two men are no strangers to each other, they are former NXT Tag Team Champions, and their battle for NXT supremacy began at the tail end of 2013! With the eyes of the WWE Universe thanks to the WWE Network, February 27 will be the biggest night of their career! The two men will enter, but only one of them can walk out NXT Champion and etched in NXT History forever!

1619211_624630020919899_10608525_n.jpg

At NXT arRIVAL on February 27, with the entire WWE Universe watching on the #WWE Network it will be Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro!

1796618_624521620930739_2128240091_n.jpg

The newest #WWE Diva Emma challenges Paige for the NXT Women's Championship on February 27 at #NXTarRIVAL!

1899908_624433377606230_2074857294_n.jpg

More on what we know:

WWE.com FAQ

WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, has unveiled its programming lineup, which is highlighted by WrestleMania® 30 on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

In addition, for the first time ever, the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET on WWE Network. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita. A one-hour special will also air on USA Network on Monday, April 7, immediately following Monday Night Raw®.

WWE Network will officially launch on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET and fans will instantly have access to live programming and the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library upon signing up exclusively at WWE.com.

WWE Network will be available through the WWE App on TV via connected devices including Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3, Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on iOS devices, including Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices and Android devices, as well as on desktops and laptops via WWE.com.

The programming line-up on WWE Network includes:

WrestleMania 30

WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania 30, will air live on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET from New Orleans. More than 70,000 fans from all 50 states and more than 30 countries are expected to converge on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with millions more watching around the world. Current WWE Superstars will be joined by a host of WWE Legends for a celebration 30 years in the making.

WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

For the first time ever, the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on WWE Network on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita.

Live Monday Night Raw Pre-Show and WWE Raw Backstage Pass

A live, 30-minute RawPre-Show will air each week and premieres on Monday, February 24 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE Raw Backstage Pass will air live each week immediately following Monday Night Raw, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Monday, February 24 at 11:05 pm ET.

Friday Night SmackDown® Pre-Show and WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass

A 30-minute pre-show for SmackDown will air each week and premieres on Friday, February 28 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass will air each week immediately following SmackDown, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Friday, February 28 at 10 pm ET.

WrestleMania® Rewind

WrestleMania® Rewind will provide fans with a comprehensive look back at the most groundbreaking matches and dramatic moments in WrestleMania history. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 9 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET.

WWE Countdown™

A one-hour, groundbreaking, interactive, countdown series that will put the power squarely in viewers’ hands by giving the audience the chance to discuss and rank WWE’s most spectacular Superstars, unexpected moments, best catch phrases and more through digital polling and social media interaction. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 10 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 10 am ET.

WWE Legends’ House™

WWE’s greatest Legends reunite for a new title – only this time, they’re competing outside of the ring. Imagine a beautiful house in the suburbs – perfectly furnished, with gorgeous landscaping, a lovely pool and quiet, respectable neighbors. WWE Superstars from the past including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Tony Atlas and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will turn the neighborhood upside down as the house staff tries their best to keep these Legends on time, on speaking terms, and out of trouble in this new reality show. The series premieres on Thursday, April 10 at 8 pm ET.

This is NXT®

A one-hour special that will take viewers inside the action-packed world of tomorrow’s WWE’s Superstars as they aspire to become the future of WWE. Featuring behind-the-scenes moments and in-ring action from WWE’s Performance Center, fans will get up close and personal with the next generation of Superstars. The series premieres on Monday, February 24 at 11 am ET.

NXT ArRival™

WWE Network’s first live in-ring event will air on Thursday, February 27 at 8 pm ET. The live special will showcase the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars from WWE’s Performance Center, as well as appearances by WWE Superstars John Cena®, Sheamus®, The New Age Outlaws and WWE Legends Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Thirty minutes prior to the event, the NXT ArRival Pre-Show will air at 7:30 pm ET and include exclusive interviews and appearances by NXT Superstars, WWE Superstars and Legends.

WWE NXT®

Each Thursday at 9 pm ET, WWE Superstars and Divas of tomorrow face off on WWE NXT, a one-hour, weekly show that features the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars. WWE NXT showcases the Superstars and Divas from WWE’s Performance Center as well as appearances from WWE Superstars and Legends in an intimate setting. WWE NXT broadcasts from the state-of-the-art Full Sail LIVE venue on the Full Sail University campus in Orlando, Florida. The series premieres on Thursday, March 6 at 9 pm ET.

WWE Superstars®

A one-hour, weekly show highlighting the best of WWE Superstars and Divas in heart-pounding matches. The show will also feature highlights from all WWE programming, as well as a special glimpse at everything going on in the WWE Universe. The series premieres on Thursday, February 27 at 10 pm ET.

Beyond the Ring™

An all-access pass to the fast-paced action of WWE’s home video library. With classic matches and groundbreaking biographies of WWE Legends, fans will have all the action from WCW®, AWA®, ECW® and WWE right at their fingertips. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 8 pm ET.

Best of Raw

Every Wednesday at 9 pm ET, Best of Raw will feature the most memorable episodes from the longest-running weekly episodic show in television history. Each week, see some of the most incredible matches and controversial moments featured over the years on Monday Night Raw. The series premieres at a special date and time on Thursday, February 27 at 4:30 pm ET.

Best of SmackDown

For more than a decade, Friday Night SmackDown has brought amazing action and memorable moments to the WWE Universe. On Saturdays at 1 pm ET, WWE Network will showcase the most exciting episodes of SmackDown. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 1 pm ET.

Expansive Video-On-Demand Library

In addition to live and original programming, fans will have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library the instant they subscribe. WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as encores of Raw and SmackDown® totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

Ae2mVD0.jpg

Get hype, the new era is about to begin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed to the thread, the service, and more. And so should all of you.

Aiii

So not worth it
So in, day-whenever-there-is-a-way-around-the-geolock!

Shouldn't be long, matter of days I reckon

Hasney

That "classic matches" clause still has me worried. If they have the first year of Raw or Nitro or ECW and the promise of adding more, I'm on it day 1. Anything less and I may have to chill for a bit daddy-o.

Downhome

It seems they have stepped back from the 1,500 hours being there on day one to just 1,000 which means that most of the day one content will be all of the PPVs. The rest will likely be made up of a bit of new original content and possibly a series of matches added individually. I don't have a problem with this as long as they start rolling it out pretty quickly.

Don't tell WWE but I'd have signed up for this just for the original content, retrospectives, and the monthly PPVs alone. Everything else they will be adding is just an incredible bonus to me. Heck, I'd get if if it was just for the new PPVs alone.

Unless things have changed, Meltzer has been saying that it goes live as soon as you are able to sign up for it, and the original live content (the post-RAW show being the first) only starts after RAW. I'm under the impression, according to him, that the morning you sign up you can watch the old PPVs and whatever else they have up.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Totally getting this. Can't wait to relive the Glory Days... That I never lived through.

*shrug*

Oh well, should be interesting to see all the cool Old-School Coke filled days of the past.

joelseph

That "classic matches" clause still has me worried. If they have the first year of Raw or Nitro or ECW and the promise of adding more, I'm on it day 1. Anything less and I may have to chill for a bit daddy-o.

My dream would be they bring an entire 'era' online at one time. The entire Attitude era across all shows laid out in a calender format. You start at the beginning and get all the televised content plus great writeups, charts, etc. Something like the Attitude Era feature in 2K13.

Hasney

Just noticed they're still promising all ECW PPVs. That may break me even if their is a lack of full TV shows.

Man, thinking about the network in six-month sprints shows you how unbalanced the PPV schedule is. The first six months you get Mania, Summerslam, and Money in the Bank (which has been entertaining the last few years), but on the back end, you only get Royal Rumble and a neutered Survivor Series, which hasn't really made use of that format in forever.

I'm probably still in, but I'm going to try out the free week, cancel, and sign up right before Mania.

Snaku

Banned
I'm in, signed up for a WWE.com account minutes after the Network announcement. Cannot wait to relive Kane's glory years, ECW, WCW '97-'98, and Krispin Wah.

My Bowflex 2 Necks shirt is ready.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Best part about this is now we have to change the "Live on Pay-Per-View" jokes to "Live on WWE Network"... It just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

foltzie1

It is wise of the WWE to have the first load tests following a Raw and an NXT PPV-Like show prior to Wrestlemania.

Failures, if they occur, will have a relatively low impact to the customer (hey, its the free week) and also probably avoid big press as I would expect would occur if it failed at WM.

Is NXT arRIVAL still just a one hour episode that will play like a regular episode of NXT outside of the States? I doubt I'll be able to get the Network that soon through DNS routing (also need to figure out how to pay with US moneys).

ElRenoRaven

Can't wait. It's wroth it just for the new PPVs. The old ECW and WCW PPVs and future content will make it more then worth it.

I haven't watched wrestling since the wcw wwf invasion angle I just lost interest and stopped watching but this summer I traveled to the family home and my youngest cousin and his brother and my older brotger were getting back into wrestling it was a big part of growning up in my family my grandpa would go to every event when it came to town.

This network has me pretty excited to catch up I've been lingering on the wwe YouTube page last few months once I heard about the network I really like the wyatt family and real Americans looking forward to the network
subscribed.

bigkrev

Man, thinking about the network in six-month sprints shows you how unbalanced the PPV schedule is. The first six months you get Mania, Summerslam, and Money in the Bank (which has been entertaining the last few years), but on the back end, you only get Royal Rumble and a neutered Survivor Series, which hasn't really made use of that format in forever.

I'm probably still in, but I'm going to try out the free week, cancel, and sign up right before Mania.

It's more of a case where the second block is almost entirely in the football season, where Wrestling is usually at it's lowest ratings (cause MNF slaughters Raw).

dubq

Do we know if it will work?

I already have unblock-us.

It works with Hulu, Netflix, etc.. I'm holding out hope that it's a no-brainer for it to work with WWEN. I think the bigger hurdle for Canadians at launch will be getting their payment info to be accepted. Hopefully it's like Hulu and you can just use your CC# and any American address. They also accept Paypal, so that might be a way around it if they require a legit American billing address for Credit Cards. Either way I will be exploring every avenue possible to have this on the 24th of Feb!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hoping the infrastructure holds for this thing during live events...

That has to be the trickiest thing to manage.

The bandwidth I'm going to blow through with the WWE Network is going to be incredible...

HeySeuss

Has NXT evolved into more than just their reality show?

I always thought it'd be a good idea to televise their developmental league, so this might be a food way to introduce the next generation of stars and get them exposure.

I haven't watched regularly in a long time, but I think I'll be getting this. Some of the original shows look like they'll be pretty good. And if the legends house has the iron shiek in it that's worth the price of admission alone.

Edit... Just watched the videos. No Shiek. But man NXT is exactly what I hoped it was. That looks pretty good.

Lkr

do i have to commit to 6 months if i'm doing the week trial?

are they censoring any of the past material like they do on newer DVD releases?

DUP10cD.jpg

This image is so strange! It looks like an advert for something much more tacky than WWE. Very "stick 2 pretty girls on it and make it seem easy!" methodology. Also, big boob bella side on and other bella face on.

joelseph

I'm ready for the classic WCW stuff.

Received a freaking Best Buy gift card for Christmas and finally got around to using it, talk about a curse. Ended up getting WCW War Games on Blu-Ray for 10 bucks. 7+ hours of classic WCW PPV. Can't beat that and some soda-stream refills for free. Thanks Santa!

It's unclear how many screens can use 1 account at any time. If I have an account, can I use it simultaneously on my iPad and 360, for example?

It's also a little unclear the turnaround time for Elimination Chamber 2014. Will be on the WWEN by next Monday? Tuesday? A week after the PPV?

bigkrev

Unless the app is coming out today, I have no idea how you will be able to watch on PS3/PS4 the night the network launches. Has Sony let entertainment apps launch on non-PSN Store update days before?

Top Bottom