• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past |OT| aka The Last Stand aka First Class 2 aka Wolverine 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah feck off!

Yeah, I was quite surprised by it. Then again I was surprised about the f-bomb in First Class as well.

Yeah, it was a combination of the f bomb and the number of shits/shite thrown around, really took me off guard.

anyone else really impressed by how creative they were with Blink's powers?

Very impressed. She was amazing during the second fight. Really hope we get more of her in Apocalypse.

Just saw it, didn't find it very engaging to be honest.

The structure of the movie is all over the place, where it ends up feeling like a movie about stuff happening.

Felt like a very competently made movie regarding putting so much material together. Alas, it didn't convey much. :(

Zampano

Film was solid. Completely squandered the potential of the time travel conceit - was barely any point in having it.

The future stuff felt like they only had certain cast members for a day or two so wanted to film them in one location - like series 4 of Arrested Development or something.

Great creative use of superpowers in some of the fight scenes. Good acting too.

7/10

I liked x-men 2, people are saying this is comparable to it.
First class just wasn't for me.

Make no mistake, this isn't the perfect ballet that X2 is. X2 is a tier above this mainly due to how organic and effortless that story is told. But this is easily the best X-film since X2.
By a long shot.

SPOILERS IN POST BELOW AVOID AVOID

SPOILERS IN POST ABOVE AVOID AVOID

You're in the wrong damn thread, Bold One.

Bold One

is the 3D good?

Yes

Make no mistake, this isn't the perfect ballet that X2 is. X2 is a tier above this mainly due to how organic and effortless that story is told. But this is easily the best X-film since X2. By a long shot.

I would rate this above X2, sure X2 has a better flow but I DoFP was far more ambitious in scale and scope and on top of which it goes to great lengths to tie up loose ends and fix the unmitigated mess that was Ratnner's rape of X3

Somewhat mixed on the movie. The Quicksilver stuff is super entertaining and even a few of the action sequences, but the rest of it was fairly uneven. Bryan Singer brings a better style to it than Matthew Vaughn, but I just thought the whole scenario was kind of lame, since the entire movie leads to a point you know they'll get to from the first 10 minutes. So it's just kind of waiting for everything to fall into place. The acting is, of course, strong with Fassbender and the like, but the script is quite basic and dumbed-down for general consumption.

I'd probably give it a C/C+. Our review was more kind. Too bad Godzilla set such a high bar this summer.

Oh, yeah. Audiences will definitely eat this one up. It follows the same mold as many of the mindless Marvel films that make a gajillion dollars.

Spoiler it for me, is there a giant Marvel-standard CGI boom-boom third act finale, or a signature Bryan Singer "dark sinister anonymous lookin' hallways" finale?

Bold One

Oh damn sculli thanks for the warning, as soon as a I saw that I clicked out lol

I edited it after Sculli alerted me, it was an accident, thought I was posting in the spoiler thread, thankfully no one was spoiled

@sculli, thanks for the heads up, that was a close one

Raptor

Somewhat mixed on the movie. The Quicksilver stuff is super entertaining and even a few of the action sequences, but the rest of it was fairly uneven. Bryan Singer brings a better style to it than Matthew Vaughn, but I just thought the whole scenario was kind of lame, since the entire movie leads to a point you know they'll get to from the first 10 minutes. So it's just kind of waiting for everything to fall into place. The acting is, of course, strong with Fassbender and the like, but the script is quite basic and dumbed-down for general consumption.

I'd probably give it a C/C+. Our review was more kind. Too bad Godzilla set such a high bar this summer.

Will wait for the Bluray.

I edited it after Sculli alerted me, it was an accident, thought I was posting in the spoiler thread, thankfully no one was spoiled

@sculli, thanks for the heads up, that was a close one

yeah I saw, mistakes happen, I've clicked on the spoilers thread on accident a few times luckily I've noticed before I read anything and clicked out, I only need two more days before I see it would hate to get spoiled now lol

RayMaker

Banned
is the 3D good?

Yeah its good because there are not forced bullets flying in ya face moments.

As for weather future past is better the first class

I think there about equal.
There different kind of movies

DOFP is more straight forward classic action sci fi, where as first class has more character development.

When reading previews of future past I thought it was going to be quite a deep time travel story but with great pacing, but the actual movie was straight to point from the get go with only a few surprises, the only really interesting time travel aspects of the movie was the way wolverine gets transported back in time.

DMczaf

setting_low_bar-1.jpg

Ain't that hard to jump that bar.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
With 95 reviews, it's dropped to 91%.

Still stupid high. It'll probably stay within 88-92% territory.

Remember when Marvel-GAF shat on this because it wasn't a Disney/Marvel film? The EMPIRE covers thread was brutal. lol Marvel-GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom