• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Own all 4 Gears games, and had 3 out of 4 of them for free digitally - except for Gears 3.

Now with this, I'll have all 4 for free digitally, the collection is complete.

Will be perfect to not need a disc for BC on Xbox One, awwwww yeah.

Ghazi

I wish Gears 3 was BC, that game was THE GOAT. Had all the DLC and played it back in the heyday, dedis were great and the maps rocked!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Collinwood.. Your theory is still holding true :), games announced super early and it's a good month.

He he.

Funny thing is, once the Thursday rule was explained to me, I thought the announcement came late. Perspective I guess. From a pure DATE perspective, yes, we got an early announcement and a great one.

Damn shame I bought Gears 3 digitally a few months back. I own all 4 digitally now. My BC library for Xbox One will be exquisite. I have a tonne of first party stuff. Plus a lot of 3rd party from already confirmed opted on pubs.

Cant wait for bc to officially launch.

Geez we only JUST had the 360 version of Ass Creed IV in April lol. :|

I guess its a different system so its aimed at different users but for someone like me who still uses both his 360 and Xbox One its pretty meh. At least give us Ryse or some other massively cheapo physical game instead.

Or a better way would have been Rogue on 360 and IV on Xbox One. Oh well.

Going forward seriously all 360 games they give should be 100% ones that are backwards compatible too, would allow them to pad out each month further for Xbox One users which will be nice.

ramparter

Banned
If I buy a 12 months Gold subscription for my gametag now without owning an Xbox One, do I have to do anything to add the upcoming Games with Gold in my library or are they automatically added as long as my subscription status is Gold?

Hubble

If I buy a 12 months Gold subscription for my gametag now without owning an Xbox One, do I have to do anything to add the upcoming Games with Gold in my library or are they automatically added as long as my subscription status is Gold?

They will not automatically add to your library. You can login to Xbox.com, and complete the transaction there for your free games, and then you can download them when you get the Xbox One. Often the link for the GWG will be posted here, on reddit, etc.

ramparter

Banned
They will not automatically add to your library. You can login to Xbox.com, and complete the transaction there for your free games, and then you can download them when you get the Xbox One. Often the link for the GWG will be posted here, on reddit, etc.

Good to know, thanks! Will probably do it in July, nothing that interests me right now.

Chris1

He he.

Funny thing is, once the Thursday rule was explained to me, I thought the announcement came late. Perspective I guess. From a pure DATE perspective, yes, we got an early announcement and a great one.

Damn shame I bought Gears 3 digitally a few months back. I own all 4 digitally now. My BC library for Xbox One will be exquisite. I have a tonne of first party stuff. Plus a lot of 3rd party from already confirmed opted on pubs.

Cant wait for bc to officially launch.
So all games are announced on the Thursday before the end of the month?

But yeah GWG is going to highlight just how awesome BC is. I've been "buying" all gwg's as I still have my 360 but I don't like using it as it sounds like a jet taking off in my room and the controller feels awkward now that I've used the XB1 controller, now with BC I'll be able to play them all on my XB1. By the time this launches I'll have more games to play than I know what to do with.

GWG is probably the best part of BC for me, no longer do I have to be disappointed with the XB1 lineup because I'll have the 360 gwg to play through aswell which has been amazing the past few month and I expect that to keep up.

Ktsdaddy

I am scared to turn on my Xbox 360 and see how many games will be in the queue to download. With the BC, at least I'll be able to download what I want to try. the BC has worked well so far, I really hope all the old Arcade games will be playable. Bomberman, track and field, cyberball. contra etc.. fun games to jump in and play for bit!

I can see the BC hype train in full force come the holidays.

With the right type of games catalogue on BC, they will get 360 people upgrading I am sure.

Not long till we get the July/August preview update, wonder if that will include additional games and/or additional features.

Welfare

I can see the BC hype train in full force come the holidays.

With the right type of games catalogue on BC, they will get 360 people upgrading I am sure.

Not long till we get the July/August preview update, wonder if that will include additional games and/or additional features.

The BC games this holiday will probably be all MS first party games, all GWG games, and the top played 360 games at this time.

Get everything in the system that everyone is playing now and there will be little reason to keep a 360. All games added into the BC program afterwards is just extra.

SpacLock

Sort of bummed I traded in my 360 since I'd love to revisit gears 3 after a resurgence of fresh meat, but the Ultimate Edition should do when it releases.

Haven't played an AC game since the first one.

Might not mean much but I think MGS: GZ will be free next month. A few pages back someone said something about them adding games to other regions just before it goes GWG and recently MGS: GZ was added to the UAE store with a release date of August 1st

https://store.xbox.com/ar-AE/Xbox-O...D-ZEROES/01a93174-b0e0-48dd-a9b5-8cecd7b2af68

It's also been free on PS+ so it's highly possible.

Yeah that's what I guessed too plus it makes sense since Phantom Pain would be launching the month after.

jesu

Might not mean much but I think MGS: GZ will be free next month. A few pages back someone said something about them adding games to other regions just before it goes GWG and recently MGS: GZ was added to the UAE store with a release date of August 1st

https://store.xbox.com/ar-AE/Xbox-O...D-ZEROES/01a93174-b0e0-48dd-a9b5-8cecd7b2af68

It's also been free on PS+ so it's highly possible.

That would be great for me as I never bought it and I'm on the fence about Phantom Pain.

Chris1

Do you have a link to this post? I tried looking but couldn't find anything

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156105118&postcount=4855

I think this is the post I was talking about

Edit: That post was made a month before Deus Ex Mankind Divided was announced too, if it's true that other games got added to the Japan store before going GWG then it seems likely that Deus Ex will be will be free with gold at one point since MS likes giving away games that have upcoming sequels so he may actually be onto something there.

Sounds credible, lame I already own and have played GZ.

The good thing now with 2 games a month is theres a chance the other game is something I could be interested in instead!

I have zero interest in Gears of War but I was really happy to get Plants vs Zombies. I love Garden Warfare and was always curious to play the original (I knew what kind of game it was, how completely different it is to GW lol) - turns out its really good as well and I enjoyed it a lot too! :D

Bring the BC, MS. I want Gears 3 back in my life. Potentially 4 games a month for Xbox One is pretty sweet.

So Many Me is up too, it's pretty good so far.

oo7

diggin' so many me. What's with the art style though? Are these all made by the same company? art style is like super meat boy and binding of isaac.

Flintty

I tried 'So Many Me' not really knowing what to expect.

It's a great little platformer with an awesome soundtrack. It has a Steven Universe sound to it which I love.

Well worth downloading.

Damn, I forgot about PvZ.

Oh well. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it anyways, and it's not really my type of game.

So Many Me looks interesting, but I'm worried about how hard it'll get in later levels with its puzzle platforming.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice! Got Gears of War 3, hoping it gets added to backwards compatibility soon. Would've been nice if they added it today along with the release, though.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Everytime I try to download Gears 3 I get this:

Is this your first purchase? To ensure it is compatible, please sign in to Xbox Live using your console and try again

I've downloaded 360 games before just fine, but don't have a 360, just waiting on Xbox One BC. Is there anyway around this/a fix?

Everytime I try to download Gears 3 I get this:

I've downloaded 360 games before just fine, but don't have a 360, just waiting on Xbox One BC. Is there anyway around this/a fix?

I dunno, I've had problems downloading specific games like that, too. Couldn't download Army of Two: Devil's Cartel a few months ago for no reason at all. Every time I'd try, it would just cancel the download automatically. I've downloaded other games perfectly fine too. Don't think there's any fix for it.

hawk2025

Downloading So Many Me!

Any impressions yet?

Edit: "Buying" Gears of War 3 from the web store worked just fine for me and I haven't had a 360 in over a year, just FYI.

NH Apache

Banned
The store is so stupid. It says 20 bucks up to the purchase point. And no refunds.

Why not just show it as free?!

Edit: Gears 3, that is.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: "Buying" Gears of War 3 from the web store worked just fine for me and I haven't had a 360 in over a year, just FYI.

yeah you just need to have a payment method on your account. says it's added to your 360 queue which is obviously useless but it works.

masterdragoon20

Neo Member
yeah you just need to have a payment method on your account. says it's added to your 360 queue which is obviously useless but it works.

Weird for me i still have my account with an active credit card an is telling me the same, probably arriving home i'll try logging with my xbox one and see if it's possible to download it

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Weird for me i still have my account with an active credit card an is telling me the same, probably arriving home i'll try logging with my xbox one and see if it's possible to download it

Have you had any luck? I've logged in multiple times and it's not giving me anything. Don't really want to contact support as it seems a bit petty but still D:

masterdragoon20

Neo Member
Have you had any luck? I've logged in multiple times and it's not giving me anything. Don't really want to contact support as it seems a bit petty but still D:

I tried to contact support :p telling them that i have not tried with my xbox 360 (i really don't have) but that it was weird because i coudl buy anything i put a demo for halo and i could buy gears 1 and 2 and everything except for gears 3 exactly but they could not give me a solution for the problem

Oynox

Probably fake (its from 4chan) but that would be goooood:

U8QaQfk.jpg

Top Bottom