• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chettlar

Banned
Thing is with ntkrnl is that he probably is right with almost all stuff that is coming but the stuff like dates and announcements are all to be taken with a grain of salt, since those can be delayed and changed pretty easily.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm more interested in the content he provides. So far, it's been pretty great.

I almost wonder if he really is something like an executive's 17 year old son getting on a forum and talking about stuff and taking MS's late bad PR into his own hands.

Wish he would come back. :(

I thought people loved the new Hitman game.

It's terrible, just....terrible.

As a Hitman game?
No, it's not a true Hitman game.

As an open-ended stealth game?
Yes, it's pretty great.

It's not even a good open ended stealth game, let alone a pretty great one. It's garbage across the board. The only somewhat decent mission takes place in the corn-field and even then it's just a sliver of what the game really should have been throughout.

kmg90

Still no Xbox One...

my bet is at E3 2014

I could have swore to read a comment about when the Xbox One is going to get the promised games with gold treatment fairly soon... ah here it is from 2 months ago

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/statuses/429484663858421760

I nominate/predict Halo: Sparton Assault, Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragoon being the first games with the bar of quality Microsoft has established with the program so far....

It's not even a good open ended stealth game, let alone a pretty great one. It's garbage across the board. The only somewhat decent mission takes place in the corn-field and even then it's just a sliver of what the game really should have been throughout.

I gotta disagree.
I found the stealth to be quite satisfying.
Not as many routes as an old school Hitman game, but I didn't go into this game expecting that.
I'd say it's a better game stealth game than Conviction, maybe on par with Blacklist but not better than Blood Money.

Plus it look gorgeous.
That Kane & Lynch engine really shines here.

I gotta disagree.
I found the stealth to be quite satisfying.
Not as many routes as an old school Hitman game, but I didn't go into this game expecting that.
I'd say it's a better game stealth game than Conviction but not better than Blood Money.

Uncharted 2 was a better stealth game than Conviction, not really setting the bar high there. Still, if you go in with your expectations in check and haven't played the previous Hitman games, I guess you could extract some level of enjoyment out of Absolution.

I will say the crowds were impressive as were the visuals, a current gen game using that engine will be very impressive indeed.

kmg90

ßthePenguin;106532924 said:
I think it's funny how "games with gold" is the biggest ad on the screen when you're not logged into a gold account but when you are, it's barely findable at all.
And by funny I mean damn shitty.

I believe it as I don't have and never plan to upgrade to Gold again and everytime I boot up the 360 I see front and center "FREE GAMES WITH GOLD" on the main screen.

I asked my sister who has Gold if she's taking advantage of the free games offered with her subscription she didn't have a clue that such thing was existed.

For the sake of comparison over on the Playstation Network, every time a new game is added the IGC it gets announced on the What's New screen of the PS3 along with the info text bar (text headlines that appear under the clock) regardless of subscription status. On the PS4 it appears the What's New section also regardless of subscription status.

It's actually something that really turned me off to Xbox live completely as a service to invest into with how different just what appears on the dashboard is so dramatically different (which makes me question is that content on the dashboard is personalized via tracking and analytics which I hate) along the ads which I believe appear less when you ARE NOT a Gold member

But to each his own...

On the topic of hitman it only makes me wonder what IO is doing next as they have a pretty slick engine (Glacier)

Chettlar

Banned
Crimson Dragon is pretty great, especially since they patched in multiplayer.

H:SA would be a poor first choice, not sure about ZT though.

I don't think H:SA will be in the first batch, but certainly within the first few. Really, it's not a good idea to buy on Xbox One right now, as it will likely be free fairly soon.

I don't think H:SA will be in the first batch, but certainly within the first few. Really, it's not a good idea to buy on Xbox One right now, as it will likely be free fairly soon.

Yeah, that's certainly true. I've gotten my money's worth from CD, Powerstar, Loco and Max, so I won't feel so hard done by if they are in the first batch, but anyone who recently got an X1 is probably better off not buying any until after E3...

Chettlar

Banned
Yeah, that's certainly true. I've gotten my money's worth from CD, Powerstar, Loco and Max, so I won't feel so hard done by if they are in the first batch, but anyone who recently got an X1 is probably better off not buying any until after E3...

Or really buying an Xbox One if they haven't already. I'm waiting till E3 to see if it gets a price cut.

Crimson Dragon is pretty great, especially since they patched in multiplayer.

H:SA would be a poor first choice, not sure about ZT though.

I was considering CD as the one thats "alright"..!

I really liked SA, for a Halo game thats a twin stick shooter I thought it was great. The new price is much better for it though, co-op stuff is fun, I got all the achievements on it.

I think MS might have signed some ID@Xbox games for it on XB1 which is what Sony have done for PS+, if the games got delayed (which presumably they have as the first ones were due in March and SSZ is the only one with a release date which is next week) then that could explain why we havent got it yet

ieatzombies

Between this and ps plus my backlog is getting ridiculous. Really have my finger on purchasing blood money....should I do it before playing absolution? Somebody stop me.

DarkCloud

Absolution is worth the slot in this month mainly cause it forced a sale on HD and Blood Money. 14$ for 3 really good games alongside a free version of the latest in the series...

Good start to the month in my opinion. Here's hoping they discount state of decay and the expansion when Deadlight goes free.

ieatzombies

Blood Money is great, buy it.
Done.
Absolution is worth the slot in this month mainly cause it forced a sale on HD and Blood Money. 14$ for 3 really good games alongside a free version of the latest in the series...

Good start to the month in my opinion. Here's hoping they discount state of decay and the expansion when Deadlight goes free.
Hopefully they do knock that price down.I've been waiting for the state of decay breakdown dlc to be on sale for a while. I think I might just skip breakdown and pick up lifeline dlc instead due to new map and all.

I bought Absolution on release, and returned it soon after. I even gave it a fair shot; I made it several missions in.

I hated the direction it went in. 90% of the game is just sneaking from point A to point B. I loved the first mission, and wish the rest of the game were like that. That was classic Hitman.

Somebody said above that the best thing to come from Absolution being free was that it forced a sale on the other Hitman games. I couldn't agree more.

I'm not even going to bother downloading Absolution. Not worth the harddrive space.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I played Absolution on the PS3 when it was on +. Hated it but I thought it was just me. I still think it's they type of game people want though on GWG.

I think Blood Money should've been the end of it. Absolution, literally acts like it's on a seperate timeline from Blood Money and Contracts. It's more of a sequel to Silent Assasin. As for the gameplay- there's enough variations to difficulty and options to tailor the experiance. The default settings are what make the game easy.

Gestault

I nominate/predict Halo: Sparton Assault, Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragoon being the first games with the bar of quality Microsoft has established with the program so far....

That would be totally acceptable to me. Zoo Tycoon and Crimsons Dragon are pretty darned fun. I have no experience with Spartan Assault though.

bidguy

Banned
deadlight is free right now and its pretty cool

no clue why Miles hates it. shows how much opinions can differ i guess.

Fox Mulder

It's terrible, just....terrible.

I haven't played it yet, but figures. It was a fun franchise, but they spent years making mediocre Kane and lynch games instead and must have forgot how to make hitman.

Absolution is hot, linear garbage. Purist mode was so obviously shoehorned in as an attempt to save face... FUCK.

I may just pop in BM on the PS2 :p

Castef

Banned
May:
- Project Gotham Racing 4 (in order to pave the road for a new announcement at E3)
- Ms Splosion Man

I say.

Magwik

Banned
I think either a Darksiders or Red Faction game is very viable. Assuming MS pays for the GwG, I'm betting Nordic wants a piece of that pie.

Chettlar

Banned
Hoping for Halo Reach or Gears Judgement next month. Call of Duty 2 I wouldn't scoff at either.

Knowing them though, it's pretty positively going to be something like Gears 2 or 3, if anything.

I would absolutely LOVE Judgment though. They need to get that one free to boost the online community.

abracadaver

93aw43n6.jpg

Top Bottom