• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

W.S.

Don't anyone dare shit on Chariot. It's a damn good game.

It is, I even bought it when it was on sale even though it was a GwG title.

In fact, when the games are cheap enough on Deals with Gold I'll always buy them to support the devs and feel a little more ownership of the game. I'm just waiting for Volgarr and Crimson Dragon to go on sale again but those have also been really enjoyable games.

Albinon

Neo Member
Looking forward to Sniper.

I really don't get all the Mad about GWG. Do people pay the $5 a month just for the games? Cause I could have sworn that was just a side perk. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong by paying for online services and thinking it's alright that I get to try out games I would otherwise not have looked at.

Remark

Banned
It does say free, but the website is being funny and asking me to add a payment option.
Been doing that a lot lately but fixes itself eventually.

edit, and got it now.
Does that on Xbox One too sometimes have to exit out and go back in for it to go normal.

GHG

Meh...

Think I'll cancel my gold sub for this month. Won't play much on on the console this month and the GWG game this month is piss poor.

I still get to keep all my older GWG games even if I cancel right?

Mikey Jr.

Whenever I see gwg, I'm always reminded that this is the same company that spent 2.5 billion on one game. Getting Ms to actually reward their subscribers though? That shit is like pulling teeth.

Justinh

Meh...

Think I'll cancel my gold sub for this month. Won't play much on on the console this month and the GWG game this month is piss poor.

I still get to keep all my older GWG games even if I cancel right?

I'm pretty sure it's: you keep your 360 GWG games, you do not keep your XONE GWG games

Syriel

Will I get them back if I sign up again or do I lose them permanently?

You keep the Xbox One games, you just can't play them until you resub and refresh the license.

Might was well grab IDARB now as it's already live.

As noted, all 360 games are always yours to keep, play and redownload regardless of sub status.

GHG

You keep the Xbox One games, you just can't play them until you resub and refresh the license.

Might was well grab IDARB now as it's already live.

As noted, all 360 games are always yours to keep, play and redownload regardless of sub status.

Cool, thank you.

enewtabie

idarb is great. Played a couple matches. Can't get the QR code thing to work properly. I take a pic with my phone of a code and the camera just doesn't detect it. Not sure what I need to do on that.

Man, IDARB reeks of missed potential. Really really wish they had matchmaking for 4 person matches without co-op. Also wtf QR codes? Even as a tongue in cheek thing, that's super annoying.

Raide

Man, IDARB reeks of missed potential. Really really wish they had matchmaking for 4 person matches without co-op. Also wtf QR codes? Even as a tongue in cheek thing, that's super annoying.

Early on it was a quick way for players to make up a character and get it imported into the game. It also mean GAF can make stuff and post a QR code so you can download the latest penis.

Ape

Banned
Early on it was a quick way for players to make up a character and get it imported into the game. It also mean GAF can make stuff and post a QR code so you can download the latest penis.

Why. Can't. I. Play. 4v4. Online.

Stupid game decision. Deleted.

Ape

Banned
Needing 4 controllers for towerfall (no online multiplayer period) wasn't ever an issue. Though I agree that it should have matchmaking between more than 2 consoles.

But if Towerfall had matchmaking, wouldn't you expect it to not be just between two consoles? I mean, that just seems like lazy coding. Maybe they ran out of time to put that in, there's no way it was deliberate.

VinFTW

But if Towerfall had matchmaking, wouldn't you expect it to not be just between two consoles? I mean, that just seems like lazy coding. Maybe they ran out of time to put that in, there's no way it was deliberate.

So is Towerfall even lazier for not having matchmaking at all?

Ape

Banned
So is Towerfall even lazier for not having matchmaking at all?

Have you followed the development of Towerfall at all? The developers believed that the best experience was not to have any online. I might not agree with it but I can understand that perspective. Very different than implementing a gimped online feature.

Is this something they can patch in? Game feels really bare without it.

I hope so, maybe it's a wip. This game has been through so many iterations that I wouldn't doubt it getting a patch after release. Hopefully.

Chris1

ML5fvOZ.jpg

Looks like there will be an update to fix the multiplayer.

kribz

Although the 1v1 thing sucks there is a single player "campaign" that isn't too bad ( Didn't play much of it last night so I cant really speak for its quality). Hopefully after the patch you can have an option to play 1v1, 2v2, etc if you desire on matchmaking. I could see some real bad teammates ruining my experience.

VinFTW

Have you followed the development of Towerfall at all? The developers believed that the best experience was not to have any online. I might not agree with it but I can understand that perspective. Very different than implementing a gimped online feature.

I hope so, maybe it's a wip. This game has been through so many iterations that I wouldn't doubt it getting a patch after release. Hopefully.
Seems like a shitty excuse to me but hey, to each their own

Yeah I'd love to have the ability to play with my freinds online... I'm getting together with some people tonight to play this but I can't do that every night.

Top Bottom