• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 2 beating PS3 in Gamespot poll

Which console unveiling at next year's E3 are you most excited about?

The PlayStation 3 2967 (34%)
The Nintendo Revolution 1844 (21%)
The Xbox Next...if it shows up. 3164 (36%)
The Sega-ton (hey, it could happen!) 699 (8%)

bob_dylan.jpg

"These times they are a'changing...."

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
*sigh*

You actually made this post?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god damnit, how am i supposed to vote without a link?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
GameSpot's Xbox viewer-base is rather high. Higher than their Sony viewer-base, which was never all that high to begin with. I remember when Nintendo used to edge out Sony products/games in their polls, but when it came down to the real world, Sony always came out on top.

The same way GameFAQs polls always show the Xbox in dead last placing, even though the console performs head to head with the GC. Food for thought.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I don't know what's more lame...the countless (and yet meaningless) polls that surround this hobby or the furor they arouse in those who would probably go vote in other polls just as stupid if their "team" got in on the ground floor.

Keio

For a Finer World
Quick, post a link to the poll on every message board that supports <insert console name here>!!!!

Kon Tiki

Banned
It is pretty simple to understand why more people are excited about next e3 Xbox 2 unveiling. The people know that PS3 will kick ass, where as the whole success of Xbox 2 rests on whether it has a HDD or not. People are excited to find out.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Gotta love the damage control over this apparently meaningless poll.

Looks like PS3 is picking up steam now anyway so maybe you can all edit your posts to say how accurate it is?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
interesting - there are far more people in that poll than there are in the poll that determined that Sony were the best brand in the world.... yet one is dismissed as rubbish.

*jesting*

DCharlie said:
interesting - there are far more people in that poll than there are in the poll that determined that Sony were the best brand in the world.... yet one is dismissed as rubbish.

*jesting*

Well you can't really compare street surverys where they going around getting different votes. As we've learned with internet polls most of the time there's cheating involved just so people can get their favorite thing to win.

With that said, the PS3 is now leading in that poll. :p

DCharlie

"With that said, the PS3 is now leading in that poll. :p"

AWESOME! RESULTS NOW LEGIT!! ;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I am surprised that PS3 is even winning out on this poll to Xbox 2. Considering how many PSs has been sold over the years, you'd think that Interent must be owerflowing with their fanbase, but it's actually the exact oposite. A somewhat weird phenomenon, but probably makes sense considering the 'casuality' of the majority of PS2 owners.

There's probably even more people on various GameFAQ 'favorite console' pools than there can ever be on the Gamespot. Guess who always comes up dead last - but you probably dismiss that as rubish, no?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DCharlie said:
"With that said, the PS3 is now leading in that poll. :p"

AWESOME! RESULTS NOW LEGIT!! ;)

And now all is right in the world again... ;)

Izzy

Banned
Daxter Too is the only Sony Fanboy I know who exclusively posts anti-Sony propaganda. Funny stuff.

The PlayStation 3 3760 (35%)
The Nintendo Revolution 2270 (21%)
The Xbox Next...if it shows up. 3693 (34%)
The Sega-ton (hey, it could happen!) 889 (8%)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Daxter Too is the only Sony Fanboy I know who exclusively posts anti-Sony propaganda. Funny stuff.
How on Earth have you got an impression that he's a Sony fanboy? I mean, his username even, is a mocking of a Sony game character.

Izzy

Banned
Marconelly said:
How on Earth have you got an impression that he's a Sony fanboy? I mean, his username even, is a mocking of a Sony game character.

He said it himself, about a month ago. I'm too lazy to search and find the exact post.

ypo

"interesting - there are far more people in that poll than there are in the poll that determined that Sony were the best brand in the world.... yet one is dismissed as rubbish."

And here I thought you are some big shot financial analyst with top secret info at some big name company. Didn't you take Statistics 101?

Oh wait oh wait, jesting!!!!

DCharlie

"And here I thought you are some big shot financial analyst with top secret info at some big name company. Didn't you take Statistics 101?"

I was passing it as you were passing Pointless Cunt 999 (advanced)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
DCharlie said:
"And here I thought you are some big shot financial analyst with top secret info at some big name company. Didn't you take Statistics 101?"

I was passing it as you were passing Pointless Cunt 999 (advanced)

Lol that class sound fun.

ypo

Awww what happened? I thought putting "jesting" or "just kidding" or "I'm bored" or "I own all systems" is enough to say any dumb shit you want? I was just imitating you man. What's the deal?

"Lol that class sound fun."

Heheh, I didn't know such class exists, I guess he knows better, all the way to 999 ADVANCED!!!

Izzy

Banned
Hey DCharlie, what happened to that huge MS announcement that was supposed to bring PS3 to its knees?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wow this thread started low and just kinda kept on slipping, just waiting for the 'yo mamma' joke to finish things off.

Izzy said:
Hey DCharlie, what happened to that huge MS announcement that was supposed to bring PS3 to its knees?

I'm pretty sure that was the XNA which clearly has Sony in state of mass confusion at the moment. :p

ypo

And don't forget the top secret document that's sitting right infront of him showing Sony is still losing money on the PS2, but he can't tell us because he'll get canned. On the other hand touting that he has top secret document is perfectly OK!!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Where's the "all of them" choice? I love that these polls always assume you must be most excited about *one* thing...

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I'm pretty sure that was the XNA which clearly has Sony in state of mass confusion at the moment. :p
Actually I thought it was the early Xenon unveiling (which ultimately got held back a year). XNA seems more like a bid to keep their PC centric western XBox development community sticking with Xenon (along with some nifty PR to make it seem like some magical devlopment suite).

Top Bottom