• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: Complete installation of games. No drive spinning, etc. And 1680x1050

Have fun when your harddrive burns out.

This is still WAY cool, though I doubt I'll ever use it. I only have 20GB to work with, I'm not eating up 9GB of that with an entire DVD's worth of data.

EazyB

Banned
And hits keep on coming. I'm really glad I decided to upgrade to the elite.

Also, XBLM on the web is awesome.

Sucks that the 20GB users won't be able to take advantage of it too much but now that premiums will come with 60 GB HDDs it won't be too bad.

JdFoX187

Banned
Benedict said:
Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

that is useless...

Still need to swap discs.

Why not connect the game to your account?
1. Rent Game
2. Install Game.
3. ???
4. Profit

What would keep people from installing the game and taking it right back?

16:10 support, yee haw!

And yup, now i have something to use those other 90gb's free on my 120gb hdd.

MS, I am impressed by todays announcements. *golf claps*

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
full installation is a GREAT feature, but i don't wanna pay ms prices for a bigger hd...maybe i'll just try deleting everything extraneous from my 20gig. how many of those xbla games do i really play, f'rinstance

CLEANING OUT THE FRIDGE, NO LONGER WII EXCLUSIVE

Ryu1999

JdFoX187 said:
1. Rent Game
2. Install Game.
3. ???
4. Profit

What would keep people from installing the game and taking it right back?

Uhhh because it requires you to keep the disk in the drive? (Read the article)

The ability to use the store online and download them to your console and even the blades in game allowing you to switch games mid-game (the XMB has now) is totally awesome.

Durante

This is much better than anything at their conference (sans FF13). Now get those HDD prices down (but I guess that's not part of their strategy)

LCfiner

see, this is good stuff. I would have liked if they had shown a little bit of this at press conference to calm all of us down who were upset at the look of the UI.

very nice new features. sounds very functional. hopefully it will be a big improvement. good job, MS. (please, i hope it works as they say it should)

Owzers

I have 9GB open but i am DEFINITELY doing this to quiet down my gaming experience, even if it's just one game at a time. Awesome awesome awesome awesome day for 360.

I know it's unpractical, but I still wish you could install the game without disc swaps. Anyways, good news to hear that MS is giving the option to install.

raYne

Still don't care about avatars, but everything else right there is the hotness.

Blade dashboard integration and Live Party stuff, especially. :D

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
16:10 support. + FF13 + install on HD.

Its making me want to go buy a new xbox360, even though my old premium is still working fine. Just because im so fucking happy.

Shit.

TheWolf

Banned
it's still loud as all hell when the drive isn't spinning.

i'm surprised so many of you play on computer monitors. and yeah, games aren't going to be native 16:10. at least not older ones anyway.

Dezcom

Wow, MS has totally redeemed not having the Spring update. Very impressed. HDD installs and 16:10 is very, VERY awesome.

Flakster99

Huh. Was wondering when such a thing would be announced and implemented.

Now LOWER YOUR FUCKING PRICES then we will talk.

pr0cs

welp I needed an excuse to buy the overpriced HD, hopefully I can find a deal on one before this feature hits the street.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. FUCKING GREAT.

I've always wanted to be able to download from website. Fuck that shitty old cluttered interface.

Mamesj said:

I had sort of let that memory fade into the ether. I thank you for exposing that skeleton in my mental closet, and am preparing to make a purchase once the dust settles on the news. Who knows? Maybe they'll drop the price on drives for the holiday season.

Maybe also a pig just flew by my window at work.

sullytao

While I would have loved to install all my games and never disk swap again I can see the problem it would present. Maybe next gen they could make a technology that means the disk stays registered to the console until uninstalled then you can either log on live to open it back up or a game shop could do it for you.

Top Bottom