• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 controller to be supported for PC in Titanfall

Is there a cable version of the X1 controller? Or is it wireless only? I'd like to try it, but I hate dealing with batteries.

All you need is a Micro USB cable. They are very cheap on Amazon, got one of their branded ones for my Xbox One controller. Works great.

AJLma

This better release with complete drivers to replace the 360 pad or it's pointless... I'm in need of a new PC controller, but I'm not gonna buy one for just one game.

haikira

I'm going to grab this on origin, grab an X1 pad and pretend I'm playing on the X1. That's a few bucks saved.
Well, that's until Quantum Break comes out, as I'm fucking crazy about Remedy.

Microsoft already has an API for 360 controllers on the PC, it's called XInput.

It's been around forever. Lots of games support it. It works perfectly.

There are even compatible Logitech controllers (F310/F510/F710).

jgf

Segregate controller players from kb/m!

Thats really my biggest issue with shooters on pc. I like the feeling of playing with a controller, but I don't like getting destroyed by kb/m players. So I'm basically forced to use kb/m on pc in order to enjoy the multiplayer. Day one for me if they figure out a way to segregate kb/m from controller players.

Tablo

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

We're slated to get XB1 controller drivers on PC this year though right? Man, Microsoft come the fuck on.

Damn it, Microsoft really need to get the XBO controller drivers out. My favorite by far and I'd really love to be using it on the PC.

I'm actually amazed that a controller can't have basic driver support for button inputs. What is the X1 controller doing different from a 360 controller?

Rizific

Have no intentions on using a controller on pc for TF, but the actual drivers for the x1 controller have me excited.

MercuryLS

Banned
Thats really my biggest issue with shooters on pc. I like the feeling of playing with a controller, but I don't like getting destroyed by kb/m players. So I'm basically forced to use kb/m on pc in order to enjoy the multiplayer. Day one for me if they figure out a way to segregate kb/m from controller players.

That's my biggest issue with playing on PC as well. I'm looking to get a used 360 for this game, would rather just play it on PC with my 360 controller.

Mononoke

Banned
Sweet, easy kills.

Eh. Bumper Jumper layout does a pretty good job emulating keyboard and mouse. It's not perfect, and I'm not saying it's as accurate. Obviously it's not. But it's pretty darn good. The default setting for the controller is terrible though. You can't run on a wall and jetpack and aim at the same time. Bumper jumper will be like keyboard and mouse, in that you will be able to run on walls, and jetpack while aiming and shooting at someone at the same time.

AJLma

This is hilarious.

I'd assume that they'd like to recoup that $100 million they spent developing the controller. I doubt I'm the only person ready to buy one of these day one as soon as I hear the drivers are ready.

Maybe they're just trying to give Valve a leg up.

Top Bottom