• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Games With Gold June: Dark Souls, Charlie Murder, and SSF4AE

Mendrox

Bad choices. These games are games which everyone played already or already have them in their collection. And you should feel bad playing Dark Souls 1 on the Xbox rather than PC (which you can get for 5$ and also can be played at max settings on nearly every computer). I don't know, Sony has a better lineup every time... yes there is 1 or 2 months in the year which arent that great, but all the other months are astonishing. For example I only bought Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, FFX-2 HD and Danganronpa for my Vita, but I have also have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid HD, Jak & Daxter Collection and many more games on my Vita with their subscription never mind the PS3 games.

Better lineup than the whole PS+ of 2014 up until now. I'm really happy we're seeing competition like this.

The fuck are you talking about? PS Plus has been getting games like Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Metro Last Light, Batman Arkham City etc...

Xbox get's Dark Souls and you'e telling me it's better than the whole of PS+ in 2014?

Lmfao dude...get real.

Panda Rin

Bad choices. These games are games which everyone played already or already have them in their collection. And you should feel bad playing Dark Souls 1 on the Xbox rather than PC (which you can get for 5$ and also can be played at max settings on nearly every computer). I don't know, Sony has a better lineup every time... yes there is 1 or 2 months in the year which arent that great, but all the other months are astonishing. For example I only bought Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, FFX-2 HD and Danganronpa for my Vita, but I have also have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid HD, Jak & Daxter Collection and many more games on my Vita with their subscription never mind the PS3 games.

game does not run well on PC without DSfix (it just makes the game playable). GLFW is also really annoying. I would actually advise to completely skip over the PC version of DS if you have either a PS3 or 360.

this lineup is really good. step in the right direction for MS. I think there's no doubt that PS+ is ahead, but it's easy to see MS is trying to replicate their success and value.

Fergie

Banned
I wonder if Sony will consider letting users keep their games without PS+ now. With all these new announcements, XBOX has acheived parity with Sony on just about every point except hardware.
It's only totally free on Xbox 360.

On XB1 it's subscription based. Aka PS+.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, those are some great choices, and I don't own either of the games aside from the bonus AE - which in itself is smart since Ultra upgrade is coming soon and before the disc version.

Always wanted to try Dark Souls, and nothing is better than free.

I loved The Dishwasher 1 & 2, and never got around to getting Charlie Murder because of being too busy - and now I can just get it for free.

Great stuff.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Better lineup than the whole PS+ of 2014 up until now. I'm really happy we're seeing competition like this.

Bioshock Infinite
Devil May Cry
Tomb Raider
PES 2014
Metro: Last Night
Batman: Arkham City
Brothers: A tale of two sons
Puppeteer

Plus a few others. I know it's your opinion, but come on man.

TechOne

HOLY SHIIII....

I can't handle all these megatons today.
x3b6PYe.gif

Caayn

FUCK! I bought Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood thinking they wouldn't be free until like, October.

I honestly thought the horrible games like Crimson Dragon, and LocoCycle would be the first free games, so I didn't buy them at all. ;~;
Calling Crimson Dragon horrible but not Spartan Assault...

Crimson Dragon is a better game than Spartan Assault, imo. And I'm saying that as a huge Halo fan

Human_me

I don't own a Xbox 360 or One, Could I buy a gold membership now, get the games through the PC store and then download them on my console when I get finally buy one?

Piccoro

Capcom will benefit from this. Xbox users will get SSFIV for free the same month that the ULTRA upgrade comes out.
I think a lot of people will buy the DLC.

paolo11

Just to clarify, I keep these games even though I lose my subscription, yes?

Edit : NVM, someone posted the answer on the other thread.

MS is on the roll. Now we have a healthy competition between Sony and MS. Nintendo will follow up soon.

guess I might renew my Gold account next month. The great part above Games with Gold is that you can still play the games when Gold expires, unlike PS+.

ohlawd

Silky

Banned

Dark Souls hasn't been free on PS+, to my knowledge. Not everyone has a PC/prefers to game on PC.

Why are you undercutting the value of a free game with comparing it to the same game, but on PC where you have to pay for it

mjlol.png

Either way, good lineup for Games for Gold especially for SS4AE with the Ultra upgrade coming up. Glad they are stepping up and hope this continues on.

MoxManiac

Having SF4 in digital form will be nice.

For those who don't have SSF4, you'll be able to upgrade your free copy next month ro ultra for only $15.

Damn good selection for the 360 next month. As the X1 GwG is now sub based, does that mean 360 GwG titles will also follow suit or will it stay the same?

lol?

Said that 360 stays the same. Only X1 is sub based.

Thanks.

Nice to hear that it stays the same on the 360. I guess going sub based was the only way to go on X1 due to the lack of games and convincing developers to allow their games to come to GwG day/week/month one.

Charlie Murder is probably one of my favorite Xbox 360 Arcade game. So disappointed that Ska Studios doesn't port that or the Dishwasher series to the PC.

You should feel bad playing Jak & Daxter Collection and MGS HD on Vita rather than PS3.

Top Bottom