• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox 360 music streaming

doesnt let me stream my aac encoded songs from itunes on my pc to my 360 even after i add the folder for file sharing. they arent downloaded from itunes drm protected songs either...does it truly only allow you to stream mp3/wav/and wma??

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oBa said:
Yah thats pretty much all it supports.

Whats worse is the video streaming. WMV and MPEG. Thats it. No DIVX, XVID, OGG. Heck it wont even support AVI. WTF.

Go here for a list of supported formats and other information.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup

when i install WMC, i will have to make a demonstration video on how to make DivX/MPG/etc work

oBa

DopeyFish said:
when i install WMC, i will have to make a demonstration video on how to make DivX/MPG/etc work

Please do, or point me in the direction of some articles explaining how to do so.

How can put songs on the HD rather than streaming? I prefer the old XBOX way of replacing the ingame songs rather than them constantly playing. Is this even still possible?

Nikashi

Banned
I can't even get my PC to see the 360. I just get an error that it can't find the Xbox. They are on the same freaking subnet ONE IP address away from each other, on the same router.

Not to mention that Media Connect keeps complaining about a faulty installation no matter what I do. WTF?

360 itself works great tho, Live too :p

LakeEarth

Nikashi said:
I can't even get my PC to see the 360. I just get an error that it can't find the Xbox. They are on the same freaking subnet ONE IP address away from each other, on the same router.

Not to mention that Media Connect keeps complaining about a faulty installation no matter what I do. WTF?

360 itself works great tho, Live too :p
I have the same problem, what are we doing wrong?

Nikashi

Banned
I'm gonna wait a week or so for the 'WHAT IS THE BLUE AND GREEN PLUGS FOR?' calls to MS support to stop, then call them and find out what to do.

Top Bottom