• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces "monumental launch" for Halo Reach on both PC and XBO, with nearly 3m players during launch week

ethomaz

Banned
I know the point that you are getting at and your being a complete fuckwit about it because you don't appear to have any knowledge in the matter whatsoever. You're talking about a set of games from Xbox 360 that were ported to Xbox One, which is not the same as a game that was built from the ground up for Xbox One. Yes, they ported it over to Xbox One, but obviously didn't have the PC in mind when doing so. Let's also not forget that the MCC, when first released, was a catastrophe to begin with. Somehow, they're reviving the game and their work on it is starting to blossom.

So sure, these games probably work on the PC, but very statically and not dynamically like they need to be.
Fine... I just find that weird.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I know the point that you are getting at and your being a complete fuckwit about it because you don't appear to have any knowledge in the matter whatsoever. You're talking about a set of games from Xbox 360 that were ported to Xbox One, which is not the same as a game that was built from the ground up for Xbox One. Yes, they ported it over to Xbox One, but obviously didn't have the PC in mind when doing so. Let's also not forget that the MCC, when first released, was a catastrophe to begin with. Somehow, they're reviving the game and their work on it is starting to blossom.

So sure, these games probably work on the PC, but very statically and not dynamically like they need to be.

Dial it back on your personal insults.

Evidence, cite?

manfestival

I am enjoying reach from the multiplayer but is it me or is the sound a little off? I did some coop with a friend last night and he was mentioning the same thing. I know this is a 360 game but it sounds like almost a ps1 game. Other than the sound, I find myself greatly enjoying the game. Especially as someone who has been playing a ton of destiny, MW, BF, and other shooters as of late. Halo feels... so different and fresh in a quake sense(I know the game and franchise is "old", chill).

Enjay

Banned
Jesus Christ! Did 343i remove the gun from your head so you wont be forced to play it?
Game might have a chance if they did that.
Just ignore him. He is a one hit drive-by troll.

"Glad I have a fan in 3... 2..."
Don't be greedy.
Oh, so Enjay is just annoyingly trolling everything? Uhm... at least this makes it a more interesting game :).
Ask your legal guardians to define the word trolling to you better. Consumers need more people like me looking out for them.

Ten_Fold

Havent been keeping up with the MCC, I wonder is halo 3 gonna be next, I would probably sit and plan that all night.

Evidence, cite?
Evidence, cite?

This is a pretty long introduction 343 released that talked about the steps they took to get it done and how they added UE4 into the mix for the menus.

It wasn’t very cut and dry as people are thinking. Jump to the bit about Ruffian Games. They broke the game apart to fit into their combined menu system and added dedicated servers for MP it’s all there. The old MP system was P2P so there was a lot of work done there also for Reach at least. There were also PC adjustments for FOV issues and glitches and what not. These games were purposed for the Xbox / Xbox 360 which again weren’t your typical x86 configuration. But yes they were brought to Xbox One before Play-Anywhere was a thing which is most likely why it’s still not a thing for MCC.

There are also more dev updates regarding MCC also if you browse their site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom