• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Announces PAX Plans

jbug617

Banned
http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/pax-xbox-at-pax-2014?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Xbox Booth
The Xbox Booth [#412] is the place to play this holiday’s hottest blockbusters! We’ll be featuring hands-on Xbox One exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, remastered Halo 2 Anniversary and Forza Horizon 2, the highly anticipated Electronic Arts title Dragon Age: Inquisition and digital favorites like Ori and the Blind Forest, Killer Instinct, Project Spark, and Project Totem, plus various ID@Xbox titles.

Confirmation of a new Halo 2 Anniversary Map reveal and tournament
It’s the Stateside hands-on debut of Halo: The Master Chief Collection at PAX Prime! Come to the Xbox One booth to get hands-on with an all-new Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map.

Feeling competitive? Then assemble your Spartan fireteam and come qualify in the “Halo PAX Prime Showdown” for a chance at the $10,000 prize pool. Come to the ASTRO Gaming (Booth #842) and Skullcandy Gaming (Booth #3117) areas on Friday, 8/29 to get hands-on with Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer and qualify for the Halo PAX Prime Showdown. At the end of the day, we’ll be taking the top performers from each booth, and giving them a spot in the 8-team weekend finals on Saturday and Sunday.

Some of the ID@Xbox Games. They are also doing a pre-PAX event (open to the public) at the Microsoft campus
Check out some fantastic new games from great independent developers. Other Ocean will have “#IDARB,” a crowd-sourced, couch-competitive multiplayer eSport game for up to 8 players at the same time! Asteroid Base will have “Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time,” a frantic co-op platformer-inside-a-shooter, in which players work together piloting a neon-drenched battleship to save space animals, explore the galaxy, and fight evil robots. Chainsawesome Games will have “Knight Squad,” which can loosely be described as SNES era Bomberman meets Gauntlet – play as a Knight and defeat your opponents using epic weapons and power ups. SpeedRunners, from DoubleDutch and tinyBuild is a cut-throat multiplayer running game that pits four players against each other – run, jump, swing and use devious pick-ups to knock your opponents off-screen.

If you’re in town early for PAX Prime, you can come and play over 25 upcoming ID@Xbox titles at our ID@Xbox Pre-PAX Open House on Thursday, August 28th from 6-8:30pm at the Microsoft Campus. The event is free, and we’re even offering shuttles from the Convention center to Campus! Check out all the details here.

Age of Empires and State of Decay have their own booths
The panels are Halo and the Journey of The Master Chief and Major Nelson Podcast

jbug617

Banned
I'm sorry, I know all this other stuff is there, but are we talking about a new Age of Empires? Or just something ported?
Mobile Game
Be the first to demo the new touch-based, free-to-play game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, grab medieval weapons and get your picture taken in the OneDrive booth, or compete in other Age of Empires games on our daily Twitch stream at the Age of Empires booth! All will earn you your own limited edition Castle Siege Pinny Arcade pin and your Castle Siege bandana (while supplies last). Join The Siege!

Is state of decay showing up with something new... like maybe co-op?
Doesn't seem like to expect anything new.
Wanna survive the zombie apocalypse? Then come on over to Booth N5; 4th floor, and meet Undead Labs and the State of Decay development team! Come play State of Decay as well as the latest DLC, “State of Decay: Lifeline”. On Saturday between 1-3pm, come meet both one of the authors who inspired the franchise, J.L. Bourne, and Drew Hobson, the voice-actor behind “Marcus”….and others. Who knows, there might even be some surprises in store. #snacksofdecay

DryvBy

I'm sorry, I know all this other stuff is there, but are we talking about a new Age of Empires? Or just something ported?

If they have a new Age of Empires IV or something, wow. But hopefully it's more like Age of Empires II than Age of Empires Online.

hawk2025

I wish their proper new games like Sunset Overdrive and Horizon 2 were getting more coverage, panels, you name it, rather than Halo Redux.

I understand why they are doing this, of course, but eeeehh.

Nice to see lots of ID@XBOX events and games, though!

Sofa King

I wish their proper new games like Sunset Overdrive and Horizon 2 were getting more coverage, panels, you name it, rather than Halo Redux.

I understand why they are doing this, of course, but eeeehh.

Nice to see lots of ID@XBOX events and games, though!

I would imagine SO will be playable. Hopefully they have a ton of Halo stations (more than when they were showing Halo 4 a couple years ago) to play at.

How come Halo 2 Anniversary is getting all the attention in the Master Chief Collection? I kind of want to hear how Halo 3 and 4 are doing and the lack of news on them seems odd.

Anybody know if the Halo panel will be streamed live?

Yup

Each panel in the Main and Hedgehog Theaters through the Aug. 29 - Sept. 1 convention will stream live at twitch.tv/pax. They've posted the entire schedule at that page, but here it is reproduced. All times are in PDT.
Main Theater - Schedule
FRIDAY

10:30am - Storytime with Mikey Neumann!
12:00pm - Rooster Teeth
02:30pm - The Future of PC Gaming
05:00pm - Join the Revolution in Assassin’s Creed Unity 13+
08:30pm - Friday Night Concerts
SATURDAY

11:00am - Halo and the Journey of The Master Chief

02:00pm - Deep Dive Into Design Depth in League of Legends
04:30pm - Grim Fandango: Bringing the Dead Back to Life
08:00pm - Live D&D with Acquisitions Inc. - Five Heads are Better than None
SUNDAY

10:30am - Inside Gearbox Software
01:00pm - Penny Arcade - Make a Strip!
04:00pm - An Afternoon with Patrick Rothfuss
08:30pm - Sunday Night Concerts!
MONDAY

10:30am - Penny Arcade Q&A
01:30pm - Rod Fergusson Fireside Chat
0:5:30pm - Omegathon Final Roun
Hedgehog Theater - Schedule

FRIDAY

11:30am - Building Inclusive Communities in Analog Gaming Spaces
01:00pm - GameTrailers, GameFront and The Escapist – The Massive Q&A
02:30pm - Hironobu Sakaguchi Reflection: Past, Present, Future of RPGs
04:00pm - Twitch Town Hall
05:30pm - Developing The Thornwatch
07:00pm - Game Show Night: Pyramid!
08:00pm - Game Show Night: Jeopardy! 13+
09:00pm - Game Show Night: Blankety Blank 13+
SATURDAY

10:30am - Making Firewatch: Trailer and a First Look from Campo Santo
12:00pm - Music Evolved – From 8 Bit Soundtrack to Gameplay
01:30pm - Orcs Must Die! - An Afternoon of Fun with Robot Entertainment
03:00pm - How to Build Your Twitch Community
04:30pm - AAA Combat: Behind the Scenes 13+
06:00pm - Building for Synergy – Symbiosis of Hearthstone and Magic
07:30pm - Chainsawsuit Live 13+
09:00pm - Retrogame Roadshow: What Are Your Old Games Worth?
SUNDAY

10:00am - The Game Industry Rumble! Live on the N64! 13+
12:00pm - So our game is called Destiny. Now what?
01:30pm - Magic: The Gathering World Building Panel
03:00pm - Tetris: The Video Game That Changed The World 13+
04:30pm - A Mighty Chat with Keiji Inafune
06:00pm - Mindcrack - Creating Group Focused Entertainment
07:30pm - 404ing It: Breaking (Down) the Internet 13+
09:00pm - Collecting Games - WITHOUT Going Broke or Getting Scammed!
MONDAY

10:30am - Games Done Quick: Speedrunning for Life and Charity
12:00pm - Inside YouTube: How to Win the Video-Game-Video Game
01:30pm - Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis System Evolves Gameplay and Storytelling 13+
03:00 - Secret Sauce – What Makes a Game Great?
04:30 - "Cyberbullying" - A Catch Phrase or a Real Problem? 13+

How come Halo 2 Anniversary is getting all the attention in the Master Chief Collection? I kind of want to hear how Halo 3 and 4 are doing and the lack of news on them seems odd.

Because it's the game with the most significant upgrade and it's also the reason the collection exists. The MCC is basically a special edition of Halo 2 Anniversary which happens to bring CE:A, 3 and 4 with it.

hawk2025

I would imagine SO will be playable. Hopefully they have a ton of Halo stations (more than when they were showing Halo 4 a couple years ago) to play at.

Right, but it's clear that the star of the show is the Halo collection.

And that's fine, it's an extremely popular series -- but I'd rather see new games get the attention. SO needs to blow up.

It’s the Stateside hands-on debut of Halo: The Master Chief Collection at PAX Prime! Come to the Xbox One booth to get hands-on with an all-new Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map.

Feeling competitive? Then assemble your Spartan fireteam and come qualify in the “Halo PAX Prime Showdown” for a chance at the $10,000 prize pool. Come to the ASTRO Gaming (Booth #842) and Skullcandy Gaming (Booth #3117) areas on Friday, 8/29 to get hands-on with Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer and qualify for the Halo PAX Prime Showdown. At the end of the day, we’ll be taking the top performers from each booth, and giving them a spot in the 8-team weekend finals on Saturday and Sunday.

dLQEUOJ.gif

Rembrandt

Banned
Right, but it's clear that the star of the show is the Halo collection.

And that's fine, it's an extremely popular series -- but I'd rather see new games get the attention. SO needs to blow up.

SO had trailers in movie theaters and lots of other stuff. I say they've been doing a good job advertising it and they haven't even begun the media blitz, I don't think.

T.O.P

Banned
Maya Trailer for KI would be nice

Will watch the Halo tournament anyway, the Gamescom one was insanely fun

Top Bottom