• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Cloud Gaming Improvements Coming this May (Beta)

Draugoth

Gold Member
03_Desktop-Hellblade-II-Spotlight-and-channel-af93fc0cb72647d649be-1536x864.jpg

Mouse and keyboard support for cloud gaming will start rolling out today. You can now use your mouse and keyboard for your gaming experience on web browsers (Edge or Chrome).

Bridges

Hope they announce the ability to play all owned content (not just game pass content) via xcloud at the showcase too.
That's what I want more than anything.

Let me play Balatro on my phone!

It's also a little strange that a lot of games have had custom touch controls added in and then were removed from Game Pass less than a year later.

dem

I've had mouse+keyboard games showing up for a while now.

Not sure why they are saying it's launching today..

YCoCg

When are they going to improve the awful image quality though?
They need to at least move away from using the Series S as the host, when the PS5 has better streaming quality because it's not from a gimped version of the game you know something is off.

Spyxos

Ok, that's nice, but what about the input lag and the low resolution? These rare updates remind me too much of Stadia.

Last edited:

soulbait

I used xCloud last week when I was in Mexico for vacation. I was played some Tomb Raider and had a great time with it.

Danknugz

if you're using xcloud it certainly isn't for the IQ and personally i try and limit my exposure to video games not having them in every single facet of my life, but this is definitely useful under certain situations, back when they had rewards for playing certain game pass games i would just use xcloud instead of having to install them.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
That's what I want more than anything.

Let me play Balatro on my phone!

It's also a little strange that a lot of games have had custom touch controls added in and then were removed from Game Pass less than a year later.

The better question is why is there not a native app for balatro on iPhone and Android? Take like 2 months to make and seems like a perfect fit. .......

Edit....

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sarah Bond said new ways to access xCloud are coming - I’m hoping she means an xCloud only subscription for £4.99 a month. Would be good to coincide it with these updates.

They’ve shot and missed with their tiers IMO. Should scrap Core and go:

£4.99 a month for xCloud on 1 device.

£8.99 a month for PC or console Game Pass (no game sharing on Xbox but online play is included).

£12.99 a month Ultimate which gives you all of the above and game sharing for 2 consoles.

i think it scales depending on your connection
I’ve got gigabit fiber, and a WiFi 6 mesh router so when it comes to my end of the connection it should be fine. Now whether or not I’m close to a server is a different story. Lots of other people complaining about this though as well so.

T-Cake

They need to at least move away from using the Series S as the host, when the PS5 has better streaming quality because it's not from a gimped version of the game you know something is off.

Yeah, they're running 4 instances of Series S on a Series X hardware blade. They need to ditch that and just run the Series X in 4K.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I’ve got gigabit fiber, and a WiFi 6 mesh router so when it comes to my end of the connection it should be fine. Now whether or not I’m close to a server is a different story. Lots of other people complaining about this though as well so.

No issues where I’m located, luckily. Runs so well sometimes I forget I’m streaming. Can say the same about GeForceNow.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
It’s gotta be a server thing then. GeForce Now and even the PS5 streaming work perfectly fine for me.
Never had issues with PSNOW when I used it, even back when it was Gaikai it was awesome. OnLive was total trash, stadia was fine, ShadowPC was quite decent. Game streaming is still a ways away from being viable for me as an everyday service.

Top Bottom