• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox DayZ Preview Sign Up.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wonder if it ever will leave early access.

Bought in like 2012 on Steam. Isn't it still in alpha? Would never buy the game or any other game from that company again.

theHFIC

AVOID THIS GAME ON ALL PLATFORMS!!!

I'll never buy another Bohemia game again. They got me to get DayZ standalone after the fun I had with the ARMA mod. I knew it was going to be early access and under heavy development. I just didn't know that it would be in more or less the same state now that it was back in 2013 when it went on Steam. The develoeprs have excuses at every corner (new engine, new models, new details, etc etc) none of which we can actually see yet. In that time, they happened to ship another open world survival game, Vigor, albeit Unreal Engine based and at a smaller scale. For the millions they made off the game in EA, little has been shown of where the money actually went. The original designer of the mod and game left, the director who replaced him left, and every update they post is seems to talk about how fixing one bug introduced 20 more bugs and thats why the newest update isn't available.

The Xbox/PS4 versions are being done by a different team which is supposedly not taking any manpower away from the main PC release, but they are working off the same codebase so there is the potential now of having to cater to the console versions for performance. It has yet to be seen.

If you haven't bought DayZ yet, avoid it. It seems like the developers are just going through the throes of being able to slap a 1.0 on it to quiet down the early access people and then slowly forget about it.

Yes I understand games aren't made in a day, yes I understand of the effort involved at this scale. But we are talking 5 years of development now with still an alpha product for a game that has sold well over 3 million (as of 2015) copies.

I really wanted to like this game because I had a lot of fun in the mod early on. I am keeping my eyes peeled for SCUM now at the end of this month on PC to maybe scratch the massive open world survival itch.

Top Bottom