• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass has 'over 30 million' subscribers

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Would be true if there was any valid criticism coming from your way, sadly there's none. It's just shallow platitudes, @Chukhopops has already given one example above and I don't care enough to do individual quotes, but anyone can look up your recent posts. (y)

"potential" is such a slippery slope of a metric, you can "potentially" add all PC to the PS side as well as you can use PS Plus to stream playstation games on PC.

PS Plus on PC is nothing more than a joke. It often doesn't even work properly. Moreover, Sony games do not even release on PC day one. That's not the case with Game Pass. Xbox even has a separate Game Pass tier for PC users and have publicly confirmed a bigger-than-console growth rate on PC.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there are even 1 million PC users, who don't own a PlayStation, but have subscribed to PS Plus.

Would be true if there was any valid criticism coming from your way, sadly there's none. It's just shallow platitudes, @Chukhopops has already given one example above and I don't care enough to do individual quotes, but anyone can look up your recent posts. (y)

"potential" is such a slippery slope of a metric, you can "potentially" add all PC to the PS side as well as you can use PS Plus to stream playstation games on PC.

Let’s agree to disagree. Don’t know if you know what the word platitude actually means but use it as you’d like lol.

Noticing that the Gamepass library lowered in quality over time and that they raise prices even though their library quality goes down is not a platitude. It’s a valid criticism which is easily verifiable.

Yes Sonys price increase is also ridiculous. Should be max 10 or 15 percent in my opinion, more than 30 smells like greed. That doesn’t make it untrue though that we just had and still have a very high inflation so almost everything gets more expensive.

Why do I complain more about it on the Gamepass side? Because the quality of the library goes down while raising prices. Sony has a way to high price increase, but at least the library is pretty good. Premium is useless so far for me though so I will probably downgrade Plus a level soon.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

People making up reasons how to subjectively dumb down Xbox subs because you cant allow factor A or B or C. They know it's embarrassing PS with double the console base + PC access, isnt much bigger than Xbox console base + PC access.

And that gap will shrink. Right now all we know is PS+ is around 45M at last count (and dropping from covid peak as per their corporate charts) and Xbox subs are 30M GP + ??? normal Gold plans. Sony knows sub plans will go down as they stated they wont disclose numbers anymore as they increased prices 33%. And Xbox subs are still going up. You never know. Give it a couple years and both might be about 40M each.

Last edited:

K' Dash

OP: Guys we have good news for GP Subs

GAF:

Angry Cameron Diaz GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Top Bottom