• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is removing the giant Xbox Series X badge.

cormack12

Gold Member
Makes sense, there's little effort involved and they listened to feedback. I think they should have made the retail boxes the shape of the badge, now that would have been a statement

3667447-xboxopt.jpg

Dee_Dee

The rest of that stuff in the upper right can go on the back as well. No need to have a bunch of shit all over the front.

Reindeer

Or they could have made it smaller, but I guess that was too hard... If they gonna keep it that size though (for whatever reason) then it should be on the back, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breakage

Sometimes I wonder if Xbox team has like a Quality control or focus group team to review stuff before it is made public
It's hard to believe that they have three consoles under their belt. You expect this sort of stuff from a company just entering the arena.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like every game should just come with a reversible cover by default. And the reverse side should just be the same cover but without any of the ratings, logos, review scores, ect. So they could fill it up with all that horseshit for the store shelf, but the user could flip it around and get it all gone after buying it.

Mmnow

"HAHA! Xbox reacted positively after we complained about something. What absolute IDIOTS."

Who hurt you people? These threads always end up reading like we're being inundated with thick teenagers.

Good move, Microsoft. It looked ugly as hell.

Last edited:

TheDude108

Good that it cleans it up, but adds even more confusion to the general consumer about why they should get a Series X over an Xbox One if they don't know that games will work better on the latest and greatest.

I still don't understand what the point of it is. Given they already have the "Xbox Series X" text at the top along with the 4K HDR etc text, what is the logo supposed to represent? From what I can tell, it just means it uses the power of the Series X. But doesn't the "Xbox Series X" text at the top of the damn box say that anyway?

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
I still don't understand what the point of it is. Given they already have the "Xbox one X" text at the top along with the 4K HDR etc text, what is the logo supposed to represent?
People are stupid and the Xbox naming doubly so.

Just need to look at Wii to Wii U. People thinking the Wii U is just a Wii accessory.

CamHostage

A sticker on the shrinkwrap would have been fine. (And that might have been the actual plan? I'm not seeing any change in the packaging layout where they made room for this big banner, on the DIRT packaging at least. ) I wouldn't have liked it to have permanently been slapped on the cover, but if they need to sell cross-gen games as being optimized for the new console, that's worthwhile messaging temporarily.

*Little Correction: The packages did change, but just to add more of the legal and regional branding bugs that often aren't on preliminary packart images in the first place. The artwork is still the same layout. I'd like to think they always meant for there to be just stickers and not permanent banners, but I'd like to think a lot of things about good boxart being valuable in this market...

Last edited:
It's cool that they listened. It was an eyesore.

A sticker on the shrinkwrap would have been fine. (And that might have been the actual plan? I'm not seeing any change in the packaging layout where they made room for this big banner, on the DIRT packaging at least.) I wouldn't have liked it to have permanently been slapped on the cover, but if they need to sell cross-gen games as being optimized for the new console, that's worthwhile messaging temporarily.
Yeah this would be the best IMO. It would still be easily seen at retail, but also doesn't actually affect the box art. It's not like it matters once you've opened it anyways since you already know.

Last edited:
Imagine if all the discs had this logo on them as well.
Luckily there will be virtually no discs printed for the console yet as its still months away.

Anyways, good on Xbox for listening and doing something about it, it's tacky and just not needed on the Box. People know if they are buying the Series X they have the best version by default.

MrS

Banned
Good move. That thing is ghastly and fucks up every image I've seen it on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom