• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Gold July 2021

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Conker is cool

The rest....

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Let’s not get carried away we all know people are still buying AAA $60 games and over the past three years Game Pass has been given a lot of credit.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In case anyone else is wondering what all is included in that Midway collection like I was

71LyfiY.png

Some great stuff here, but obviously doesn't help the "Xbox only has old games" argument

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Midway looks like a winner - I’ve changed my mind from not interested to piqued my curiosity.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Ultimate offers so much more value than just live gold, for most people it's a better value.
I like the midway collection and conkers this month, but still kind of weak overall.

bender

What time is it?
Is Rock of Ages bad? I remember a QuickLook for the original and it looked interesting. Conker and Midway seem better than most of the garbage we've been getting of late.

jshackles

Is Rock of Ages bad? I remember a QuickLook for the original and it looked interesting. Conker and Midway seem better than most of the garbage we've been getting of late.
It's not terrible, but it gets old incredibly quickly. How they managed to make two sequels is beyond me. It's kind of like... a PvP Marble Madness tower defense game with a Monty Python aesthetic.

I'd much rather play actual Marble Madness, which is included in that Midway Collection :messenger_sunglasses:

Soulja

Why do Ms bother? Instead of putting terrible games out every month why not just lower the price of live and that will also help get the people in who aren't interested in game pass.

bender

What time is it?
It's not terrible, but it gets old incredibly quickly. How they managed to make two sequels is beyond me. It's kind of like... a PvP Marble Madness tower defense game with a Monty Python aesthetic.

I'd much rather play actual Marble Madness, which is included in that Midway Collection :messenger_sunglasses:

Isn't it the same developer as Zeno Clash? I'm guessing peyote is inexpensive so they can pump out weird sequels. lol

All these Marble Madness talk makes me want to play Odama.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In case anyone else is wondering what all is included in that Midway collection like I was

71LyfiY.png

Some great stuff here, but obviously doesn't help the "Xbox only has old games" argument
Sweet. I love acade collections. Robotron should work great with dual analogs.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Definitely will download Conker, but this irritates me that they haven’t made a new Conker game. Seems like a wasted opportunity
Rare should ask to split their team to form one that would develop a new conquer, banjo etc..

And let the bigger half of the team work on their current project :/

FrozenFlame

The first one was fun and somewhat funny. Second one was somewhat stale and I enjoyed the final battle. Third one, I've started playing it last week and... well... you know when you've been chewing bubblegum for too long and the sweet taste is gone? That's exactly it. It doesn't help that the the mini games apparently is now half of the game, and they're really boring.

bender

What time is it?
The first one was fun and somewhat funny. Second one was somewhat stale and I enjoyed the final battle. Third one, I've started playing it last week and... well... you know when you've been chewing bubblegum for too long and the sweet taste is gone? That's exactly it. It doesn't help that the the mini games apparently is now half of the game, and they're really boring.

I'll give it a whirl. Part 3 will be a new stick of gum for me, so to speak.

FrozenFlame

I'll give it a whirl. Part 3 will be a new stick of gum for me, so to speak.
Just keep in mind that the experience is "tainted" with the somewhat focus in the mini games type of levels. What made the original fun was the 1v1 "destroy the gate" type of game. Also, the tutorial in the third game is absolute shit.

dave_d

Definitely will download Conker, but this irritates me that they haven’t made a new Conker game. Seems like a wasted opportunity
Well there was that Conker game for Spark. Personally I thought it was borderline unplayable but maybe that was just me.(I mean Conker on Spark just to be clear. Conker on the N64/Xbox seemed fun. I really should try completing it.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom