• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox most played games ( 4/13 - 4/20)

VertigoOA

Banned
Here’s the latest week roundup.

FJMzOGV_d.jpg

(Disclaimer: web link charts change daily. Such is why I pull numbers on Sunday’s for consistency.)

Observations. Division is starting the slide back as destiny looks to overtake it. Borderlands 2 keeps climbing into the 24th spot, way ahead of anthem.

Battlefield V and anthem both continue to be a monstrous bombs.

Fallout 76 climbs to 31st place with contunued fixes and content updates... unlike anthem at 41st.

When sea of thieves is more popular you got a fucking problem. Can’t even compete against Nintendo’s leftover eurojank scraps. Goodbye bioware. You earned it.

Speaking of ark and survival games... people play them; such is why fallout has staying power, why ark is huge, and why I see way more than expected playing that conan game on PS4 lately.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can’t refute facts. Halo was irrelevant this entire generation. Bungie wasn’t tho. Funny how that works.

343 is a cover band. Halo 5 is fucking trash. And stinkles is a hack. All facts. The end

Destiny is a stripped hub version of halo though.

Good to see Halo 5 with "the best multiplayer of the series" holding the top spots. Oh wait...
It is funny to me how people like yourself still cant grasp that a game can be good despite low numbers. Both Titanfall 1 and 2 were fantastic shooters. Where are they on the list? It is also hilarious how after all of your complaining, griping, and hating, you still cant seem to get over it. Move along sir. It is just a game. Halo 5 is the best arena shooter this gen. 343 didnt release good enough new maps nor often enough and BTB was an after thought. Not having local coop is a problem as well. All that is to say is that Halo 5 is not having issues because the multiplayer is bad. A little complex for most people's tastes maybe, and perhaps a little beyond your skill too?

Tesseract

Banned
It is funny to me how people like yourself still cant grasp that a game can be good despite low numbers. Both Titanfall 1 and 2 were fantastic shooters. Where are they on the list? It is also hilarious how after all of your complaining, griping, and hating, you still cant seem to get over it. Move along sir. It is just a game. Halo 5 is the best arena shooter this gen. 343 didnt release good enough new maps nor often enough and BTB was an after thought. Not having local coop is a problem as well. All that is to say is that Halo 5 is not having issues because the multiplayer is bad. A little complex for most people's tastes maybe, and perhaps a little beyond your skill too?

titanfall 2 is the best arena shooter this gen, it takes a dump all over halo's face

like, they ain't even in the same ballpark

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
No Gears 4?

Gears 4? That mp imo was Meh. It became a shotgun spam a thon and I hate the movement of the Gears characters in mp, I always feel like im running in a slant.

Microsoft needs to refresh and step it up big time with theur established ips. I look forward to what new Halo will bring bcus the last one felt so generic to me and off.

Good to see the awesome cloud destruction and Crackdown 3 up there :) smh

Last edited:

Calibos

Console warring should not be this serious.
Let’s make an Xbox charts thread so we can shit all over everything in it!!!

Why make a thread like this to be negative? Seriously...

Edit: too harsh, but still wondering what the OPs motives are after reading through?

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
This list is like everythikg I don't like about gaming rolled up in one neat package.

Three

Speaking of ark and survival games... people play them; such is why fallout has staying power, why ark is huge, and why I see way more than expected playing that conan game on PS4 lately.
I think the Conan games rise in popularity recently is because it was a PS+ game this month.

VertigoOA

Banned
I think the Conan games rise in popularity recently is because it was a PS+ game this month.

Yea of course. Same goes for ark. It’s on gamespass... it’s keeping players engaged however. I wouldn’t ignore a games standing if it’s free or not.

titanfall 2 is the best arena shooter this gen, it takes a dump all over halo's face

like, they ain't even in the same ballpark
And it isnt on the list. I also dont consider it an arena shooter, but ill concede the argument. If the PS4 had a way to see what was most played in a week i guarantee that God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, and The Last Guardian would not be at the top of the list. Does that mean those are terrible games too? Not a chance, which is really the only point i wanted to make.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What is the difference between Halo 5 and everything else in this list ? Halo 5 has not been updated for over a year and still stays somewhat relevant and is even above Destiny 1, Battlefield 1 and older CODs. As for Gears of War 4 , it stays relevant where it should.
In fucking second place.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Apex dropped to 3rd, Siege holding the same spot and Halo is back but not in the spot it deserves to be

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Here’s the latest week roundup.

FJMzOGV_d.jpg

(Disclaimer: web link charts change daily. Such is why I pull numbers on Sunday’s for consistency.)

Observations. Division is starting the slide back as destiny looks to overtake it. Borderlands 2 keeps climbing into the 24th spot, way ahead of anthem.

Battlefield V and anthem both continue to be a monstrous bombs.

Fallout 76 climbs to 31st place with contunued fixes and content updates... unlike anthem at 41st.

When sea of thieves is more popular you got a fucking problem. Can’t even compete against Nintendo’s leftover eurojank scraps. Goodbye bioware. You earned it.

What a bad Taste have the gamers.

Graciaus

Kinda sad not seeing halo or gears anywhere near the top anymore.

Not surprising seeing two f2p games that are popular at the top. Seeing 2k19 is a bit of a surprise.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Yea, nah, I've played Halo 5 and probably to a significantly higher level then you could ever dream to attain.

The game is trash, it's pathetically small player base is direct evidence of that fact.

Three

What is the difference between Halo 5 and everything else in this list ? Halo 5 has not been updated for over a year and still stays somewhat relevant and is even above Destiny 1, Battlefield 1 and older CODs. As for Gears of War 4 , it stays relevant where it should.
In fucking second place.

In Mexico. Ok? Halo 5 is on gamepass too, is the latest entry and is being played less than old CODs (BO3, and WW2). It's being beaten by new entries of every game you mentioned (COD:BO4, Battlefield V and Destiny 2) and those are retail games not on gamepass.

Yea, nah, I've played Halo 5 and probably to a significantly higher level then you could ever dream to attain.

The game is trash, it's pathetically small player base is direct evidence of that fact.
Agree to disagree then. I already made valid points as to why a good game can also have a small player base. Im not defending the campaign btw. It is easily the worst of them all, but anyone who says the multiplayer is trash is delusional.
So where are all those BC games?......
TheLastWord ladies and gentlemen! Rofl it is just comical at this point. I may defend microsoft and its games more than i should, but i also dont spend my time derping up threads with bs and utter nonsense just to be a tool. I have no vested interest in playstation news, so you wont find me doing idiotic drive by's in playstation threads either. You are trying way too hard dude.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

In Mexico. Ok? Halo 5 is on gamepass too, is the latest entry and is being played less than old CODs (BO3, and WW2). It's being beaten by new entries of every game you mentioned (COD:BO4, Battlefield V and Destiny 2) and those are retail games not on gamepass.
The store does not count retail sales or gamepass. The ranking is only for people who bought it from the store. Infact that actually deducts many potential Halo 5 owners, who own game pass. Also, Mexico has always been considered the largest market for Gears of War.

Three

The store does not count retail sales or gamepass. The ranking is only for people who bought it from the store. Infact that actually deducts many potential Halo 5 owners, who own game pass. Also, Mexico has always been considered the largest market for Gears of War.

That is by most played. It doesn't deduct gamepass or retail. If you rank by top sellers it does.

VertigoOA

Banned
how many Xbox’s exist in Mexico... 4 million?

... LOL

Using Mexico as a reliable metric is like some even more dumbass dispute about KoF vs street fighter because one is more popular in Mexico than the other.

LOL

Stinkles sucks. It shows

Last edited:

demigod

And it isnt on the list. I also dont consider it an arena shooter, but ill concede the argument. If the PS4 had a way to see what was most played in a week i guarantee that God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, and The Last Guardian would not be at the top of the list. Does that mean those are terrible games too? Not a chance, which is really the only point i wanted to make.
Agree to disagree then. I already made valid points as to why a good game can also have a small player base. Im not defending the campaign btw. It is easily the worst of them all, but anyone who says the multiplayer is trash is delusional.

TheLastWord ladies and gentlemen! Rofl it is just comical at this point. I may defend microsoft and its games more than i should, but i also dont spend my time derping up threads with bs and utter nonsense just to be a tool. I have no vested interest in playstation news, so you wont find me doing idiotic drive by's in playstation threads either. You are trying way too hard dude.

I like how you called him out yet you were the first one to compare Sony’s single player game to MP games. Hypocrite much?

Three

Most played game for the Microsoft Store. Gamepass and retail do not count as store purchases.
The played statistic is tallied whenever you launch the game. It does not matter where you are playing it from. Retail version, digital or gamepass. That's why you see games on gamepass get a boost when there is a gamepass promotion.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

The played statistic is tallied whenever you launch the game. It does not matter where you are playing it from. Retail version, digital or gamepass. That's why you see games on gamepass get a boost when there is a gamepass promotion.
Yeah, but the store only shows store statistics. The link was from the Microsoft Store statistics.
This is how you go there - Go to Microsoft store home -> Select Games and entertainment from the drop down menu -> Select Xbox Games(Download) -> Charts -> Most Played
zn1QugK.png

It has a separate section for physical media and that does not have charts(most people dont buy physical media from Microsoft Store anyway).

Top Bottom