• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

feel

Boom!! Proper E3 megaton, this is amazing.

I wonder if they could make the Halo 1 disc work (the glorious original, not the Anniversary shit)

Rocky

Banned
LOL, they just said with XBox BC we won't charge you to play the games you already own. I hope Sony announces PS1 and PS2 BC for PS4 tonight at least.

Nemmy

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

If I had my doubts about getting an X1 for Scalebound, and worried that my X360 died... Microsoft, you legit just secured yourself a purchase. Well done.

Valnen

I would pay literally $200 to be able to run PS3 games natively on the PS4 OS.

As long as it was the entire library, of course.

Atone13

So basically you can put the 360 disc in the One?

It looks like if you have the disc, and it's one of the title they have available for it, you put the disc in and it downloads the game digitally. then you can play it. If you don't have the disc or have it purchased through the digital marketplace on the 360, I'm sure the games will be available for purchase as well.

Sez

MEGATON. This really changes the game, even if the game have to be downloaded, 360 games arent that huge.

PS fan here.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like OG xbox emulation on 360, downloadable wrappers for specific white-listed games

That's what it sounded like, yes.

If that's the case, I'm definitely keeping my ol' 360.

It's pretty pathetic that what used to be a basic feature is now something that gets people cheering at E3. Same shit happened a few years back with Sony.

Top Bottom