• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One All Digital Console pre-order sales already make it the best selling console at BestBuy.

Are you buying the Xbox One All Digital Consoles?

• Total voters
It was up and down right when the conference ended, but then it stayed on top, and now that we are on day two it's still up there:

Here is the link to the best-sellers for Best Buy right here in this link that you can click on.

Of course, Best Buy is the only one with an updated page of best sellers so far, but given the pre-order numbers keeping Xbox One on top I'm assuming it's doing well in other retailers )that have best seller lists) as well. Except maybe Amazon because it has a ton of Xbox deals but you never know. So far pre-orders are only at Amazon, Wal-mart, Best-Buy, and Microsoft Store.

I am ready to eat my plate of Tiger if it keeps this up. I wasn't expecting it to do this well. For comparison, when COD came out last year it was only able to hold the top spot for a few hours and didn't get back to number one until after Black Friday days later. Then stayed there (also yes stores are included). So this is pretty darn impressive already, if it stays there until the the weekend I expect some good pre-order numbers in general and maybe even an announcement.

Ranking:

1. Microsoft - Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-free Gaming)

2. Nintendo - Switch Pikachu & Eevee Edition with Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! + Poké Ball Plus - Gray

3. Sony - PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Black

4. Nintendo - Switch 32GB Console - Neon Red/Neon Blue Joy-Con

5. Sony - PlayStation 4 Pro Console - Jet Black

Petrae

I’m good with my Xbox One X. Honestly, I wouldn’t ever downgrade to an S, so deciding whether to buy a discless one or not is a moot point.

That said, I have learned to appreciate digital distribution a bit more. Not having to change discs is more of a convenience than I first thought, and there have been some killer digital sales of late. Getting the Ultimate SKU of AssCreed Odyssey for less than $40 in the Spring Sale was pretty awesome, for example.

I prefer a mix of physical and digital sales in a perfect world, but if discless was the only way, it wouldn’t be the ultimate deciding factor against.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Love my One X. Love my physical discs. Hate my shite internet connection. No point buying this for me.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I’m good with my Xbox One X. Honestly, I wouldn’t ever downgrade to an S, so deciding whether to buy a discless one or not is a moot point.

That said, I have learned to appreciate digital distribution a bit more. Not having to change discs is more of a convenience than I first thought, and there have been some killer digital sales of late. Getting the Ultimate SKU of AssCreed Odyssey for less than $40 in the Spring Sale was pretty awesome, for example.

I prefer a mix of physical and digital sales in a perfect world, but if discless was the only way, it wouldn’t be the ultimate deciding factor against.

I'm good with my X as well, which is probably why I'm astonished the pre-orders seem to be doing well. I must be out of touch or something. I mean I would buy this because a vast majority of my games are digital, but the price tag is what's killing me. But then I don't think this is marketed to people like you and me who own Xs. It's for those folks who were sour on Xbox in 2013 and now want a cheap way back into their ecosystem. I still think $250 is too much. But apparently people are willing to pay it.

I'm good with my X as well, which is probably why I'm astonished the pre-orders seem to be doing well. I must be out of touch or something. I mean I would buy this because a vast majority of my games are digital, but the price tag is what's killing me. But then I don't think this is marketed to people like you and me who own Xs. It's for those folks who were sour on Xbox in 2013 and now want a cheap way back into their ecosystem. I still think $250 is too much. But apparently people are willing to pay it.

Actually, I think it's for the average consumer that doesn't shop on Amazon for deals or buys refurbished. Also Parents.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So funny, all these SAD xboxes have discdrives, they just taped over them. Is this confirmed?

It's just a piece of paper covering the disc drive I've heard

LlDjNVT.png

Nobody knows for sure, but there really wouldn't be a reason for Microsoft to purchase the drive and the licensing to use the drive in their product if it served no function. Pretty sure these don't have drives in them.

Calibos

Need option for:

No, unless they offer an X variant.

So I said undecided, but the only disc I have right now is Ninja Gaiden 2 and that’s going into my X tonight!

spawn

Xbox One SAD edition.

Really though I wouldn't buy a disc-less console because of the fact that I have these 4K blu-ray movies. I'm not going to spend $250 for less features than what's readily available

Vawn

Banned
Why would anyone pay what is basically the same price for an Xbox One S for this SAD console?

Wasn't the one bragging point of the Xbox One S the 4K BluRay player?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Well duh. Everyone on gaf called it DoA just like the Switch. So by the rules of GaF it has to sell well.

Why would anyone pay what is basically the same price for an Xbox One S for this SAD console?

Wasn't the one bragging point of the Xbox One S the 4K BluRay player?

The XboxSAD MSRP is $50 less than the XboxS MSRP, comes with three games installed and some game pass deal. They've stated if the S model gets a price drop, the SAD will still be $50 less.

I'm not in the market for the thing and have no interest in a replacement for my Xbone this late in the gen, but for some people the $50 and games are enough to tip the scales and sell a console.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The XboxSAD MSRP is $50 less than the XboxS MSRP, comes with three games installed and some game pass deal. They've stated if the S model gets a price drop, the SAD will still be $50 less.

I'm not in the market for the thing and have no interest in a replacement for my Xbone this late in the gen, but for some people the $50 and games are enough to tip the scales and sell a console.

People here are definitely overlooking that. The average attach rate on the Xbox One is what? 6.55 units? That means the average consumer only buys between six or seven games during the console's lifespan. Giving consumers $50 off and what could amount to half of the library they would have bought anyway? Seems like a winner.

Three

People here are definitely overlooking that. The average attach rate on the Xbox One is what? 6.55 units? That means the average consumer only buys between six or seven games during the console's lifespan. Giving consumers $50 off and what could amount to half of the library they would have bought anyway? Seems like a winner.
It's old cheap games though. FH3 instead of 4, minecraft which is included with the regular S versions too and can be bought very cheap and Sea of thieves, which sucks. Half of their library wouldn't be these games.

You could have bought a regular S with all those old games for cheaper already

This one is for those who don't know what they are paying for and just see $50 less and forfeit their right to buy discs/second hand.

Last edited:

pr0cs

I'm okay with the digital version, personally I don't plan on buying any physical media going forward. The price still seems too high but then I'm far from the target audience since I have an X. If they said I could have a discless X for a discount I might have interested tho.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Combined with the Walmart thread....... The digital model is more expensive than some regular S model bundles on deal now. And somehow the digital system is outselling the others? WTF?

And gamers wonder why game companies are going balls deep into digital crap.

Who the fuck is buying a digital S at $250 when regular S bundles are going for $200-250?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I knew this would happen. Keep in mind that us here, other forums and the internet aren’t the average consumer.

TLZ

Banned
Combined with the Walmart thread....... The digital model is more expensive than some regular S model bundles on deal now. And somehow the digital system is outselling the others? WTF?

Who the fuck is buying a digital S at $250 when regular S bundles are going for $200-250?
And it's the same 1tb.

Average consumer is probably still paying $299 or maybe $10 less since they don't know how to look for deals.

demigod

It's old cheap games though. FH3 instead of 4, minecraft which is included with the regular S versions too and can be bought very cheap and Sea of thieves, which sucks. Half of their library wouldn't be these games.

You could have bought a regular S with all those old games for cheaper already

This one is for those who don't know what they are paying for and just see $50 less and forfeit their right to buy discs/second hand.

Yup, expect to see a lot of open box returns.

BTW this is not a good way to gauge sales. It's getting beat PSVR and Logitech's racing wheel ffs. It's not even in top 100 on Amazon.

Last edited:
I knew this would happen. Keep in mind that us here, other forums and the internet aren’t the average consumer.
Yeah but this isnt a case of "why isnt my favorite insanely niche Japanese game selling more than FIFA?", it is literally why is something with less features costing more than something with more features? $250 isnt a good deal for a regular Xbone, let alone one without a drive.

Pantz

I prefer digital, but some games are only available via disc so I'll keep my drive for those even though I'm 95% digital.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I won't be buying this already having an X, but if they offer a version next gen without a drive, I'll be all over it.

Pimpbaa

That plus who the hell buys consoles a year before the next generation starts? I can understand those with lower income buying a second hand xbox 1 or ps4 and taking advantage of bargin bins and sales of old games on disc around this time. But that can't be the people that are buying this. I could understand if it was 100 dollars less and came with a few months of xbox game pass, but not at the price it currently is.

ethomaz

Banned
Are your link correct? Because I can see the All Digital console and the first one is the Fortnite bundle.

Top Bottom