• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the rumoured launched of PS5 Pro and Switch 2 this year, I honestly don't know what the way forward for Xbox is

nial

Gold Member
I know it's not going to happen, but if they want to leverage those studios to build the xbox brand it's the only way forward. Joe Normie who buys a PS to play COD, Madden and 2k would give in.
CoD will be on PlayStation till about 2034 due to 10 year multi platform provision. Unless MS wants to get fined and receive injunctions against operating in various regions of the world.

David B

An Idiot
I'm pretty sure that what most people want out of a Switch 2, the same basic system with better hardware
But if they make it look exactly the same or just call it Switch 2 people will think like the Wii U. Oh it's just an upgraded controller for the Switch, we don't need to buy it. So moms and pops will be like nah it's just a new controller, you don't need it. So basically it need a brand new name and a totally different look.

But if they make it look exactly the same or just call it Switch 2 people will think like the Wii U. Oh it's just an upgraded controller for the Switch, we don't need to buy it. So moms and pops will be like nah it's just a new controller, you don't need it. So basically it need a brand new name and a totally different look.
I'm crossing my fingers it'll be called the Super Switch

Kdad

Xbox will moneyhat Nintendo into running a special MS 1st party gamepass on Switch 2 which also provides 3rd party games on PC. This allows Nin to continue earning their 30% cut on MS Gamepass subs as well as still offer 3rd party sales from other publishers on Switch.

LakeOf9

If it's called a Switch 2 I think people will get the message lol

The way for xbox is services and casualpass on every device. Not consoles. They dont give a shit about consoles anymore.
Their next cnsole will be all digital - IMO all digital console is not a classic home console. Home console MUST HAVE some sort of physical media.

This is so grim.
They can f off and go to another industry where they can make money instead of changing OUR industry to make more money.
They introduce subscriptions, gaas and other stuff which is not sustainable for anyone outside of biggest player ever.... which they plan to be.
We will loose all our physical media, ownership, full games at release, quality games since youcan't just make quality games and drop it on GP (m$ paid 1st party does not matter, it wouldn't be possible without their money)

This is why I can't stand MS today and it's shocking how so few people see how they've been trying to radically change the industry to services. It's a terrifying future for gaming- for quality of games and lack of ownership of games.

Whenever these trends are decided upon by the big 2 and supported by the shilling games media it becomes an inevitability. Microsoft and Sony are both evil in the sense that they'd love nothing more than to control every aspect of how we consume games. Notice how on Steam nobody worries about game preservation yet on console there's still no plan, no guarantee that we'll be able to play the games we've purchased in out own digital libraries?

Now Sony is just as bad as MS, the difference is Sony's smarter, less incompetent, and much less radical in their willingness to make radical changes to gaming. MS on the other hand is leading the charge on every anti gamer initiative they can- things that might not seem so bad on the surface but that are insidious such as forced CrossPlay, always online games (Sony guilty too with both Forza and Gt7 doomed to extinction when the servers inevitably shut down).

The big 2 going multiplatform has been devastating for console gamers. In MS' case its been devastating to the Xbox console business. Sony's just been smarter about it by still maintaining a small degree of console exclusivity. Of course you PC guys love this. I don't blame you but look how the people who complained about this back when MS went day and date with PC were ridiculed by the media ...now look at what's happened to Xbox- NO reason to own one unless you can't afford a PC. GamePass becoming ubiquitous, changing the landscape of how games are made and how publishers are paid. Lowering the bar for standards of exclusives as seen with Halo Infinite and Forza Motorsport.

I could go on and on about all the negative, radical changes MS (and Sony just slower and smarter) that are occurring but I'll save you guys from that. Though I'll point to one more ...forced CrossPlay in multiplayer games- MS led that trend, why? "Engagement". The consequence? Console gamers have happily been playing multiplayer games on a totally fair playing field for almost 30 years- games like Halo, Gears, COD, you always knew you'd be playing with equal variables. We never worried about low population numbers in matches. Go look on the Microsoft store review pages for these games to see the way console gamers REALLY feel about these games today. Everyone is upset because this change has pretty much ruined these games. Does the shill media EVER write articles about this? Nope.

MS under Phil Spencer is a disaster for gamers in more ways than just the Xbox brand. I didnt even mention yet what MS is doing with consolidation and buy outs! Now Sony is forced to start buying out publishers! Now Sony is forcing crossplay in some games. Now Sony is multiplatform with PC. Now Sony has their subscription services. Again, Sony is just beating MS at every step by being smarter and better run, but it's all negative stuff!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is why I can't stand MS today and it's shocking how so few people see how they've been trying to radically change the industry to services. It's a terrifying future for gaming- for quality of games and lack of ownership of games.

Whenever these trends are decided upon by the big 2 and supported by the shilling games media it becomes an inevitability. Microsoft and Sony are both evil in the sense that they'd love nothing more than to control every aspect of how we consume games. Notice how on Steam nobody worries about game preservation yet on console there's still no plan, no guarantee that we'll be able to play the games we've purchased in out own digital libraries?

Now Sony is just as bad as MS, the difference is Sony's smarter, less incompetent, and much less radical in their willingness to make radical changes to gaming. MS on the other hand is leading the charge on every anti gamer initiative they can- things that might not seem so bad on the surface but that are insidious such as forced CrossPlay, always online games (Sony guilty too with both Forza and Gt7 doomed to extinction when the servers inevitably shut down).

The big 2 going multiplatform has been devastating for console gamers. In MS' case its been devastating to the Xbox console business. Sony's just been smarter about it by still maintaining a small degree of console exclusivity. Of course you PC guys love this. I don't blame you but look how the people who complained about this back when MS went day and date with PC were ridiculed by the media ...now look at what's happened to Xbox- NO reason to own one unless you can't afford a PC. GamePass becoming ubiquitous, changing the landscape of how games are made and how publishers are paid. Lowering the bar for standards of exclusives as seen with Halo Infinite and Forza Motorsport.

I could go on and on about all the negative, radical changes MS (and Sony just slower and smarter) that are occurring but I'll save you guys from that. Though I'll point to one more ...forced CrossPlay in multiplayer games- MS led that trend, why? "Engagement". The consequence? Console gamers have happily been playing multiplayer games on a totally fair playing field for almost 30 years- games like Halo, Gears, COD, you always knew you'd be playing with equal variables. We never worried about low population numbers in matches. Go look on the Microsoft store review pages for these games to see the way console gamers REALLY feel about these games today. Everyone is upset because this change has pretty much ruined these games. Does the shill media EVER write articles about this? Nope.

MS under Phil Spencer is a disaster for gamers in more ways than just the Xbox brand. I didnt even mention yet what MS is doing with consolidation and buy outs! Now Sony is forced to start buying out publishers! Now Sony is forcing crossplay in some games. Now Sony is multiplatform with PC. Now Sony has their subscription services. Again, Sony is just beating MS at every step by being smarter and better run, but it's all negative stuff!
yep.
Look at nintendo - they have no direct competition and they are still great. And people are afraid sony would be bad without microsoft competition.
but the truth is. If anyone can destroy sony, it's themselves trying to chase the wrong money.
You don't see ice-cream maker selling you burgers because they can make more money with burgers.
It must stand for something to be in a certain market. But sony lack confidence despite being the best. That's the think Nintendo got.
And microsoft failed and tried changing the whole industry like we said here

David B

An Idiot
Microsoft should put xbox os on pc. Portable series s handheld would also sell a ton.
Microsoft should compete in the handheld market with Steam and Asus and Lenovo. A handheld PC would be great. Although Microsoft has usually made Windows laptops extremely expensive. So IDK.

Top Bottom