• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

I thought they said from the beginning that anything that used non-standard controllers would never be BC.
Yupp! Which is why I said if they can't get it to work then it has no use to me! :p

As far as I'm personally concerned, the feature might as well not exist. I'm more than happy using my 360 for 360 games

Probably never going to happen but I'd love to see The Darkness come to backward compatability. One of my favourites from last gen and I'd love to dive back into that world.

Fuuuuuuuu why did I not buy Skate 3 when it was on sale

It says "today" but is that actually meaning the 12th?
And Halo Reach in a few weeks or so?

WHERE'S RED DEAD

suikodan

Wow, that list is pretty underwhelming.

Glad to see that my XBLA purchases will return on XBone but other than that, I can understand why people are upset.

KevinG

That list is incredibly terrible. I honestly can't believe it.

No Red Dead, no Bioshock, no Mass Effect trilogy, no Orange Box...

None of my favorites.

Alx

Eh, it's not great but there's enough to keep me busy (Gears Judgement, Banjo N&B, maybe borderlands,...).
I expected more episodes from Assassin's Creed, and also Bioshock. I guess they're coming later...
No fighting games makes me sad. :(

crappy first list, mirrors edge ill get again though

and atleast skate 3 is confirmed

More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3

good
Fuuuuuuuu why did I not buy Skate 3 when it was on sale

It says "today" but is that actually meaning the 12th?
And Halo Reach in a few weeks or so?

WHERE'S RED DEAD
so glad i took the chance on skate 3, $4 2 months ago:)

List is a bit all over the place, but not a terrible start. Awesome that one my favorite XBLA games Lumines LIVE made it. Get Halo Reach on there ASAP though. That's a biggy. But yeah, a lot of heavily requested games are missing from launch.

Zeta Oni

Holy crap at the reactions to the list, they were never gonna please everybody lol.

I own several of those games, look forward to playing them when they release on the 12th.

Also looks like we are getting monthly updates...

Good to hear. Look forward to December's wave.

Looks like Activision is working with them as Larry specifically says Blops is coming soon. also Skate 3 coming soon! Ea access vault games perhaps? Seems like a lot of the big boys are playing along, but they are waiting to announce their titles when something similar comes out or for possibly a promotion.
Yay for South Park Fable 2 and Mirrors Edge.

Sojgat

I'm happy with Stick of Truth, but disappointed by the lack of Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Hopefully it gets added soon.

ZeroX03

Banned
That list is awful. Not a single game I'm interested in. By the looks of it they're either really behind testing games or they're slowly siphoning the good stuff in. When there's noticeable first party stuff missing it's a sad sight.

Not that I play CoD, but Activision signing off is huge though. Looks like the best is yet to come.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hugely disappointing list padded with loads of arcade games and things already available in rare replay.

I hope they get up to speed with adding title soon - this feels almost like a soft launch. No project Gotham at all..

shanafan

That list is awful. Not a single game I'm interested in. By the looks of it they're either really behind testing games or they're slowly siphoning the good stuff in. When there's noticeable first party stuff missing it's a sad sight.

Not that I play CoD, but Activision signing off is huge though. Looks like the best is yet to come.

Yep, pretty impressed with that.

I know this list will be updated, but no Battlefield? Le sigh..

Though I do wonder about update frequency. Maybe a few Christmas surprises?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Holy crap at the reactions to the list, they were never gonna please everybody lol.

I own several of those games, look forward to playing them when they release on the 12th.

Also looks like we are getting monthly updates...

Good to hear. Look forward to December's wave.

I'm glad to see all Gears of War game in there.

RowdyReverb

I get why they focused on XBLA. It helps to bolster Xbox One's downloadable library, especially with some of the vintage games that will still be appealing to purchase today. Still, they really should add Castlevania: SOTN

I had a feeling the list would be disappointing, but more is coming. I'm happy about the Sonic titles, mirrors edge, the stick of truth, gears, skate and fable. Halo Reach and Wars are coming and I'd bet that red dead is coming. It'll get better. What I'm really hoping for its mass effect 2 & 3, lost odyssey, and blue dragon. We'll see about those

"More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3."

:(

hurzelein

Halo Reach and Wars are coming and I'd bet that red dead is coming. It'll get better.
Why are you lying to yourself? The inital list is bad, why should it get any better?

I reckon the announced titles will the peak of what we see in the next 12 months, but apart from that there will be not a lot of other big titles. If you subtract all the garbage then there is maybe like 10-15 good games, most of them Arcade.

Really thought MS is doing good for the last few months, but this is the same old "lots of talk/marketing, little effect/action" bs. Same reason why I hate Major Nelson.

cant wait to play Bioshock 2 again though, only played it once but i enjoyed it despite heavy criticism at the time

btw anyone know if XBL store sales get updated every monday or tuesday? i always forget

ZeroX03

Banned
What a terrible list.

If you subtract all garbage titels there are maybe 10-15 good games, most of them Arcade.

Woah woah woah. I hate the list too, but there's a lot of decent arcade titles in there. A lot more than 15 good games on there. It's just there's stuff like Sega titles that have been released on every platform under the sun already which makes them very underwhelming.

sonto340

What a terrible list.

If you subtract all garbage titels there are maybe 10-15 good games, most of them Arcade.

And then annoucing the annoucement of new titles for December. Really thought MS is doing good for the last few months, but this is the same old "lots of talk/marketing, little effect/action" bs. Same reason why I hate Major Nelson.
Holy shit the hyperbole in this post.
They're taking action. They have to negotiate each game individually. There will be 104 Xbox360 games playable on Xbox One on the 12th. It's exactly what they promised. It's nobody's fault but your own if you really thought they'd have 100 heavy hitters available on day one.

derFeef

Yeah, that's about the best I can say.
About what I expected, which is to say I hoped for more stuff I care about personally.

Which is the tough thing about BC. Besides the big guns, everyone has it's own favourite "classic". It will always disappoint, depending who you ask.

Still so happy about NBA Jam, hah

shanafan

And then annoucing the annoucement of new titles for December. Really thought MS is doing good for the last few months, but this is the same old "lots of talk/marketing, little effect/action" bs. Same reason why I hate Major Nelson.

Why the hate on Major Nelson? He isn't a part of the Xbox One BC team. He just reports what the team wants to announce. I think his post is fine. He mentions the current list, and then what is expected to come.

I read the comments here before I read the list - after that I was pleasantly surprised lol.

I think it's a good list and with the promise of more to come on a regular basis, it's pretty exciting.

Was personally hoping for Shank 2 and Mark of the Ninja as I never got around to either. I am excited they are coming though. Oh and Amped.

Top Bottom