• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

zerotol

Banned
I've only tries a few games. My experiences:

- South Park: Runs flawlessly
- Dirt 3: Some people said it would run fine. This is my experience: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gaschman/video/12698282
- Castle Crashers: Perfect
- Pinball FX: I didn't notice any differences compared to the 360 version
- CoJ Gunslinger: Terrible framerate, input delay
- Banjo Kazooie: Perfect
- Banjo Tooie: Perfect
- Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts: Framerate worse compared to 360 version
- Battleblock Theater: Perfect
- Super Meat Boy Perfect

Also: Lode Runner doesn't show up in my ready to install list.

Just to test it out, I tried Stick of Truth really quick from the beginning. Played through probably 20 minutes, it was great.

Coxy100

Banned
maybe the wrong thread for this - but does anyone know how you get the 360 GWG on your XB1? I've gone to the website - but it won't let me 'buy' Dirt 3 without a credit card on file...?

CloudWolf

I really, really hope they will bring Rez HD over soon. Love that game.

And maybe Psychonauts? Even though that may be a bit too much of a stretch considering it was already a Xbox Original download on the 360.

gossi

Okay, I played a bit more Fallout 3. It works great. The loading screens are much decreased. It's also surprising on two fronts - it looks really great, especially for 2008, and I could play exactly like I do in Fallout 4. Almost all the buttons are the same, as is the interface.

g9nVQek.png

Nheco

Hm.... Starting a BC game, the 360 interface always tells me, that it disconnected from Xbox Live and I can't connect to my profile. What to do?

It happens to me when connected trough a wired connection. Try changing it to wireless to see, works all the time.

Dr Dogg

Actually speaking of Fallout 3 has anyone with the GOTY edition, as in the DLC packs on disc, know if you will able to install them or will you have to have them from the marketplace?

DedValve

Banned
Now I can delete gears ultimate for the vastly superior gears 3!!!

If anyone wants to play some Capture the leader or other game modes I'm always down. GT: Dedvalve

Beyond Good & Evil HD seemed to run fine when I tried it briefly yesterday. Gonna be playing this again soon. It's 1080p too I believe so it still looks sharp!

jesu

Actually speaking of Fallout 3 has anyone with the GOTY edition, as in the DLC packs on disc, know if you will able to install them or will you have to have them from the marketplace?

Someone on here put in the DLC disc and it downloaded the whole game and the DLC's.

Estocolmo

Uploaded Doom 1 saves to the cloud on Xbox 360 but the saves never appeared when I played Doom 1 BC on Xbox One. Anyone else has that problem?

gossi

Rainbow Vegas 1 & 2...

The tempation to own an Xbox one is growing...(Never owned an 360) Love that Microsoft brought back BC.

I played Rainbow Six Vegas 2 multiplayer just now via BC. Instantly got into a 12 player match. Glorious. Everything works.

Done a few cups on Dirt 3 so far. It's been running pretty well and the graphics hold up so well. Shame I have to do this gymkhana rubbish but that's an old topic now :p

Played some Shadow Complex yesterday which seems to a bit laggy. The third person section on the turret was god awful, hovering around 15 FPS. I don't remember how the 360 version was since I haven't played it in so long so it might be similar.

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Runs perfect
Lumines - Runs perfect and finally feels playable now that the D-pad isn't shit (some of the worst DLC robbery I've seen though)

Done a few cups on Dirt 3 so far. It's been running pretty well and the graphics hold up so well. Shame I have to do this gymkhana rubbish but that's an old topic now :p

Just annoying that the game itself slaps black bars everywhere to fake cinema widescreen, they are just black textures you can remove on PC, it looks a lot better without them.

The only time I bumped into a frame drop issue was when I drove up to two other cars in a rally event and we all had headlights on, the game chugged for a little bit until I passed them.

MAX PAYMENT

Yeah that needs to be removed from the OP. I read the OP thread before he did the update and just now and loved how the OP cleaned it up and added a bunch of stuff up until seeing Don clapping and basically takes the OP down the shitter. Please consider removing it, it is just going to draw the wrong crowd imho.

Edit: misread something. Please drop the pic.

Xis

Tried two games last night (running from an external HD) -

Banjo-Kazooie ran just fine (not surprising)
Gears of War: Judgment rune fine until you get into combat, then the framerate can tank pretty hard.

I read that some people weren't seeing achievements pop, I can confirm I got two new ones last night.

All in all, pretty happy; my XONE HD now has 16 more games on it.

A cool little feature the XB1 now has. Great for those with an XB1 who didn't have 360.

For me there's not really anything I want to play :(

For the links to the Xbox Marketplace in the OP, I find that by deleting the "\en-US\" bit makes the links default to the local marketplace of whoever clicks on them.

Chris1

We should get 2 a month at the VERY least, due to Games with Gold.

Not really, they could take GWG's from the catologue that already exists

For example December could be Lego Star Wars or Mirrors Edge (both would make sense too, SW film is out and ME has a sequel coming up)

mcrommert

Banned
Played some gears 3 multiplayer...worked fine except some serious frame slow down at the beginning of the game...which didn't show up again...don't know if it would be a continuous thing or just happen once or twice...overall its completely playable

I'm looking for said blog post stating when Halo Wars will be BC. Anyone got a link or date??

http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/09/int...-games/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 1, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this is just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.

you know... that wording doesn't mean they are coming IN december, just that they are on their way from december and onwards.

Played some gears 3 multiplayer...worked fine except some serious frame slow down at the beginning of the game...which didn't show up again...don't know if it would be a continuous thing or just happen once or twice...overall its completely playable

horde had some nasty slowdowns for me, could be the AI taxing the cpu part of the emulator or something. The aiming delay is also annoying I was over aiming everywhere like halo 5!

shandy706

Not really, they could take GWG's from the catologue that already exists

For example December could be Lego Star Wars or Mirrors Edge (both would make sense too, SW film is out and ME has a sequel coming up)

True, I'm hoping they do not do that though...or at least split it with one new and one current.

Coxy100

Banned
We should get 2 a month at the VERY least, due to Games with Gold.

But I think I'm right in saying you have to have a credit card attached to your account to buy them off the website....and as I don't have a 360 any more (and am unwilling to add my credit card) sadly I won't get the extra games :(

HUELEN10

Anyone play Crazy Taxi? I wanna know if the frame rate is bad on the One, or if it was like that on the 360 to begin with.

Top Bottom