• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Button mapping coming to all controllers.

statham

glaWTh9.jpg
Very Nice.

Bsigg12

I've been messing around with the app in the NXOE update since Thursday. It currently crashes when you do just about anything. Glad it's coming though!

Trup1aya

Thank the heavens above... 343 moved the action button from X to B in bumper jumper and I can't quite grasp it...

Troy

Banned
Pretty sure it's system-level. The Elite controller lets you switch between two configurations with the flip of a switch.

The Elite allows you to save configs for a great many games. Only two can be stored in the controller at a time though.

Bsigg12

I'm guessing you have to go into the Settings menu to actually switch between profiles? As in, it doesn't detect which game you're playing and automatically change.

No idea, but I would hope they make the Xbox Accessories App (the one used for configuring the buttons) snapable so changing profiles can be real quick on non-Elite controllers.

Does the elite switch automatically when I turn on the game? Or do I need to load it up first in the app. Automatic would be amazing.
Pretty sure it's automatic, and stored on the pad, so when you go to a friends house, it works as you set at home with no effort.

I'm also pretty sure it fully stores or all on the pad, and surely only local changes are kept for standard controllers.

Drago

Sweet, now I can finally play Conker with normal camera controls (so long as they let you map the analog sticks as well). It's a small thing but I just couldn't get used to the inverted camera.

HUELEN10

Wait, you can do this on the PS4???
Yes, but it needs to be manually changed per title, and is purely there as an accessibility option. It is nowhere as good as the extensive tweaking you can do with the Xbox Elite Controller preference app. Now question is, will standard control confit be more like that, or more like the PS4.

Awesome. Great decision, it would have been odd to make it like exclusive to the Elite controller if its handled by the OS itself

HUELEN10

Awesome. Great decision although it would be odd to make it like exclusive to the Elite controller if its handled by the OS itself

The Elite Controller has a small amount of NAND to save controller profiles so you can program the pad, and then take it with you and switch between them with a physical switch.

The Elite Controller has a small amount of NAND to save controller profiles so you can program the pad, and then take it with you and switch between them with a physical switch.

Ah see that's what I thought so the initial tweet confused me as it's separate things. Non-elite controller button remapping will be handled/remembered by the OS whereas Elite's will be stored on the controller itself

arhra

Awesome. Great decision, it would have been odd to make it like exclusive to the Elite controller if its handled by the OS itself

The Elite actually does the remapping on the controller itself (you can apparently use the app to set up a custom control mapping on one system, then carry that over to any other system), this system-level remapping seems to be entirely separate.

Hopefully it's smart enough to detect an Elite, and disable the system-level remapping, otherwise two levels of conflicting remappings could get seriously confusing.

HUELEN10

The Elite actually does the remapping on the controller itself (you can apparently use the app to set up a custom control mapping on one system, then carry that over to any other system), this system-level remapping seems to be entirely separate.

Hopefully it's smart enough to detect an Elite, and disable the system-level remapping, otherwise two levels of conflicting remappings could get seriously confusing.

At, that would suck.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Isn't there a slight input delay since only the Elite controller has its own memory and the standard controllers don't?

Top Bottom