• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One controllers have the GOATest color options of all time (pics)

Chanser

Sony gone give it to ya

CO7vuHnUsAAGVhU.png

Shame it's only exclusive to Japan and Asia.

I would buy a Lunar White variant of the Elite controller day 1. But for the love of God Microsoft stop with the golden d-pads that shit is tacky as hell.

Aesthet1c

I'm with you OP.

I have the white and gold Xbox One controller and it's on another level than any other controller I have owned.

TI82

Banned
I've got anniversary ds4,white ds4,black ds4,gold ds4 and still want the clear.

Edit: and the call of duty xb1 pad since it was like $10 at target

Weetrick

I love this so much. I miss the era of colorful controllers. I loved my Blue and Red N64 controllers. I think I might buy that sexy new blue XBOX One controller since I only have my original.

boltz

DS4.jpg

Still the best IMO. I don't like flashy overdesigned controllers.

I can respect your choice, but when you want a little pizzazz, the Xbone controllers are pretty good. Personally I like the Master Chief Halo 5 controller, with the Lunar controller a close second. Really like the bit of flash with the colored d-pads.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I have an Elite, a Lunar White, a Forza, and I'm probably going to buy one of those fucking Copper ones. Sigh.

Zaptruder

Banned
You got good taste OP (cept for the camo). Lunar White is indeed greatest of all time, not even close. The rest of this thread is various degrees of gamer cringe.

I actually like the Crystal Dualshock a lot, but that's because I loved the clear consoles and controllers in the 90's, and it brings back that nostalgic look.

Those are really sexy, especially the blue shadow. Too bad they don't allow you to swap out the various pieces and parts for a custom order, though (like the blue faceplate with the silver accents of the matte black one, colored buttons, etc.).

RdN

Man.. Those two new controllers look incredible!

It's a real shame that don't include the rubber grip... Not sure if I'd want to go back to "normal" controllers.

Xbob42

Banned
People really like that tacky white/black/gold controller? I think it's the worst looking of the bunch by far. All the others look great.

RdN

People really like that tacky white/black/gold controller? I think it's the worst looking of the bunch by far. All the others look great.

People like it more because of the rubberized grips, that only this one and the Forza one have.

The small color button scheme is so ugly. My favorite XO controller is the titanfall edition.

But the greatest colors are these:
N64-Controller-Colors.jpg

I love the banana controller.

Worst controller tho. That joystick does not stand the test of time at all. Hori has a good variation.

Funny. People were trying to flip these white ones from gamestop like they're rare.

playXray

I have literally never bought anything other than standard "non-coloured" controllers as they just look garish and cheap to me. However, I have to say that these XB1 controllers look pretty mint.

It's fair to say, I have always liked Microsoft's hardware on the PC side of things (mice/keyboards etc) too.

cireza

Portable systems kind of straddle the line between system and controller but my favorite is still the Famicom Game Boy Micro.
coxysgafront.jpg
Precisely the one I own.

I love the different X1 controllers, but they are so expensive :(
Still haven't bought a second one yet.

Yeah, now I really regret buying 4 black ones back when I purchased my xb1. I loooove the lunar white one and that new dusk controller... HOT DAYUM and I actually dig the colored dots in between the XYAB buttons, I think it looks classy af.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Microsoft is fuckin' killing it with their controller designs this generation. The pad itself is incredible but the designs... Hot damn, son.

I've never collected controllers before but I've got 5 for my Xbox One. And yeah, the Lunar White is my fave, Forza 6 is a close second. Feels so good in your hands, going back to a Dualshock 4 after using a Xbox One controller with Diamond Grip makes the DS4 feel like a cheaply made toy.

Hasney

Fuck this thread.

Now I have to decide if I want a blue Forza controller or wait for that blue dusk one to come out and I have a perfectly fine XB1 controller and an Elite controller already.... Grumble grumble.

Alx

I thought the gold part was tacky at first, but in person it's quite pleasant to the eye actually. And yes the grip is wonderful. The shoulder buttons aren't as good as those of the original controller though (personal taste, since I'm one of those who click them with the second phalange)

JayBabay

I really like the Magma Red on the DS4 but gotta say the Xbox one has way more fun and dynamic designs. Love the white with gold D-Pad and triggers

Top Bottom