• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Deals With Gold (Lots of BC titles,last chance to get Forza Horizon 75% off)

breakfuss

Yea I'd freaking love to play Catherine again. Have it on PS3 but never finished. Tempting but there's a possibility it'll never come.

Yea I'd freaking love to play Catherine again. Have it on PS3 but never finished. Tempting but there's a possibility it'll never come.

Unless it's a USB-device-based title (Kinect, music instrument) or has licensed material involved (music/cars/characters/whatever), I think it's a safe bet that it will end up on the BC list.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Remember, Star Wars Battlefront is coming to EA Access, so don't buy it if you have a subscription to that.

Too bad about the Forza Horizon Season Pass, really want it but I'd rather buy something like DriveClub, almost half the price.

bede-x

Doesn't seem like Catherine is on sale here in Denmark, but I'll get Devil May Cry HD Collection and hope it becomes backwards compatible.

Flux

The discount is applied twice so a game like NBA jam was $1 and change. Not sure what else is affected.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Can I get opinions on:
Killer is Dead
NBA Jam On Fire
Dungeon Siege III

Also
What's the better Metro game?
What's the best Hitman game?

Thanks in advance :)

you know I maybe would buy something Microsoft if you told me the sale price or what the standard price is.

I'm not clicking through after loging in with 2-factors to see prices.

Sony is good as they list prices right on the web instead of this bullshit percentage which assumes I know the prices before hand. You're setting prices, you can list sales in the 3 major currencies

you know I maybe would buy something Microsoft if you told me the sale price or what the standard price is.

I'm not clicking through after loging in with 2-factors to see prices.

Sony is good as they list prices right on the web instead of this bullshit percentage which assumes I know the prices before hand. You're setting prices, you can list sales in the 3 major currencies

You care enough to type this post, but not enough to log into the site?

Can I get opinions on:
Killer is Dead
NBA Jam On Fire
Dungeon Siege III

Also
What's the better Metro game?
What's the best Hitman game?

Thanks in advance :)

I can only answer your also but the best Hitman is Blood Money and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says differently (besides maaybe the latest one that's still releasing). I also preferred the more stealth oriented focus in Metro 2033 vs Last Light and I don't want to spoil anything but the plot gets a bit weird by the end of the first one which I didn't like and that carries through to Last Light so that's a huge reason I didn't like it as much as the first.

You care enough to type this post, but not enough to log into the site?
Yes, there are a bunch of games on that list. I'm not clicking through a million links and this happens every xbox sale. I can brose a psblog post in 10 seconds. It'd take me 5-10 minutes at the quickest to go through every link to see prices.

There's no need for it and it makes it needy obtuse to get sale prices and it has decreased my purchases.

Look at the playstation blog

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/04/playstation-store-update-462/

nice and easy to read

Lots of times I look at prices first for cheap games on the psblog (because I have credit or money in my wallet). I can't do that on xbox. I would assume they'd want more sales and offered my two sense

edit: they're running the links through some stupid analytics site too. it doesn't even go directly to the web-store and my adblock blocks it as well. So good job microsoft!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I can only answer your also but the best Hitman is Blood Money and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says differently (besides maaybe the latest one that's still releasing). I also preferred the more stealth oriented focus in Metro 2033 vs Last Light and I don't want to spoil anything but the plot gets a bit weird by the end of the first one which I didn't like and that carries through to Last Light so that's a huge reason I didn't like it as much as the first.
Thanks!!

Yes, there are a bunch of games on that list. I'm not clicking through a million links and this happens every xbox sale. I can brose a psblog post in 10 seconds. It'd take me 5-10 minutes at the quickest to go through every link to see prices.

There's no need for it and it makes it needy obtuse to get sale prices and it has decreased my purchases.

nice and easy to read

Lots of times I look at prices first for cheap games on the psblog (because I have credit or money in my wallet). I can't do that on xbox. I would assume they'd want more sales and offered my two sense

edit: they're running the links through some stupid analytics site too. it doesn't even go directly to the web-store and my adblock blocks it as well. So good job microsoft!

I get what you're saying, but really, you should just subscribe to the dedicated NeoGAF threads below.

For every Xbox owner who wants the prices nicely listed on this forum, our very own Vert boil, whose threads are punctual as heck and accurate for every X360 and X1 sale as well as informative and timely for every digital release including GWG stuff, should have you covered. Just subscribe to his threads, already.

Xbox One Deals with Gold
and
XBLA News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions
The current X360 side of the sale from his latest post in the XBLA sale thread:
Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Call of Duty Classic - 10$ (was 20$)

Call of Duty 3 - 10$ (was 20$)

CoD: Blops 2 - 20$ (was 50$)

CoD: Ghosts - 20$ (was 40$)

CoD: World at War - 10$ (was 20$) 360 BC

Catherine - 5$ (was 20$)
euro GoD link (not reduced ?yet?)

Forza Horizon 1 - 5$ (was 20$) 360 BC **Will be de-listed soon

Freefall Racers - 2$ (was 10$)

Killer is Dead - 5$ (was 20$)

-----
Misc sales, (available to everyone)

Rocksmith
--Bachsmith - 3.49$ (was 5$)
--Bon Jovi Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--Dio - Holy Diver - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Disturbed Song Pack - 5.59$ (was 8$)
--Green Day - American Idiot - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Green Day - Basket Case - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Green Day Song Pack - 5.59$ (was 8$)
--Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Iron Maiden Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--Linkin Park Song Pack - 9.79$ (was 14$)
--Motörhead - Ace of Spades - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Muse Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--Oasis - Wonderwall - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Oasis Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--Radiohead - Creep - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Radiohead Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Sum 41 Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--System of a Down Song Pack - 5.59$ (was 8$)
--The Cranberries - Zombie - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--The Lumineers - Ho Hey - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--The Smashing Pumpkins Song Pack - 8.39$ (was 12$)
--The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army - 2.09$ (was 3$)
--Toto - Hold the Line - 2.09$ (was 3$)

-----
360 Super Sale, Available to everyone

AssCreed Revelations
--The Lost Archive - 6$ (was 10$)

AssCreed 3
--Season Pass - 15$ (was 30$)

AssCreed 4: Black Flag
--Season Pass - 10$ (was 20$)

Boom Boom Rocket - 2.50$ (was 10$) 360 BC

Borderlands 1 - 8$ (was 20$) 360 BC

Borderlands 2 - 8$ (was 20$)

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 8$ (was 40$)

Bully Scholarship Ed. - 9.74$ (was 15$)

Call Of Duty 2 - 10$ (was 20$)

CoD: Advanced Warfare - 20$ (was 50$)

CoD: Blops 1 - 9.89$ (was 30$) 360 BC

CoD: Blops 3 Bundle - 25$ (was 50$)

Crackdown 2 - 20$ (was 30$)

Dead Space 1 - 5$
(was 15$) 360 BC

Deadpool - 20$ (was 40$)

Deus Ex: Human Resources - 3.74$ (was 15$) 360 BC

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 5$ (was 20$)

Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition - 20$ (was 40$)

DmC: Devil May Cry - 4$ (was 20$)

Dungeon Siege 3 - 3.74$ (was 15$) 360 BC

Far Cry 3 - 8$ (was 20$)
--Deluxe Bundle DLC - 5$ (was 10$)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - 6$ (was 15$) 360 BC

Far Cry 4 - 16$ (was 40$)
--Season Pass - 15$ (was 30$)

Gears of War 2 (360 BC)
--All Fronts Collection - 5$ (was 10$) **included in the BC version. You need to pay if you want to play them on 360.

Gears of War 3 (360 BC)
--Season Pass - 9.89$ (was 30$)

Gears of War Judgment (360 BC)
--VIP Pass - 10$ (was 20$)

GTA: San Andreas - 9.74$ (was 15$)

GTA 4 - 10$ (was 20$)

GTA 5 - 26$ (was 40$)

Halo 4 - 9.79$ (was 20$)
--War Games map pass - 9.50$ (was 25$)

Hitman HD Pack - 6.24$ (was 25$)

Hitman: Absolution - 5$ (was 20$)

Hitman: Blood Money - 5$ (was 20$)

Just Cause 2 - 3.74$ (was 15$) 360 BC

Madden NFL 17 - 45$ (was 60$)

Mafia 2 - 6$ (was 30$)

Metro 2033 - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Metro: Last Light - 5$ (was 20$)

Mirror's Edge - 5$ (was 15$) 360 BC

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - 5$ (was 15$) 360 BC

NHL Legacy Edition - 9.89$ (was 30$)

Prey - 5$ (was 20$)

Prototype Biohazard Bundle - 14.79$ (was 40$)

Red Dead Redemption - 19.50$ (was 30$) 360 BC

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X - 5$ (was 20$)

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (base game is free)
--Season Pass - 8$ (was 20$)

Saints Row 1 - 2.50$ (was 10$)

Saints Row 2 - 2.50$ (was 10$)

Saints Row: The Third - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Saints Row 4 - 8.74$ (was 35$) 360 BC

Saints Row 4: Gat out of Hell - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Shank 2 - 5$ (was 10$) 360 BC

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - 6$ (was 30$)

Sleeping Dogs - 5$ (was 20$)

Spec Ops: The Line - 6$ (was 30$)

SSX - 5$ (was 20$) 360 BC

Street Fighter X Tekken - 4$ (was 20$)

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 3.29$ (was 10$)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Super Streetfighter 4 Arcade Edition - 15$ (was 30$)
--Ultra Street Fighter 4 - 6$ (was 15$)

Supreme Commander 2 - 3.74$ (was 15$) 360 BC

Thief 4 - 3.74$ (was 15$)

Watch Dogs - 8$ (was 20$)
--Season Pass - 12$ (was 20$)

World of Tanks
--T-15 New Recruit Kit - 5$ (was 10$)

XCom: Enemy Within - 8$ (was 40$) 360 BC

-----
Games with Gold bits, (Next, I Am Alive)

The current sale:
MX vs ATV Reflex (was 30$) 360 BC, Oct (1st-16th)

TheZink

Picked up World at War and COD 2.

I've been wanting to play them again and had passed them on to my nephew with a 360. Cant wait for my son to get to play them also.

So many good memories.

Chris1

nice and easy to read

How much are those games in £ and €? That's why MS doesn't list the prices. I'm not saying it's ideal (I think storeparser is a much better way of handling it) but I get why they only list the % off as that's at least consistent across regions.

Here's the EU blog for the PS DWG, which is worse as it doesn't even list how much % is off. It just lists the games.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tion-store-inc-uncharted-4-just-cause-3-more/

Definitely going to grab Killer is Dead for $5. On the fence with Devil May Cry HD collection; I've been meaning to get this and $5 is a great price, but I straight up do not have time for video games as of late let alone a 3-pack. I only ever played Devil May Cry 1 but that was so long ago I remember nothing of it. I also rented it and had to set it to easy so I could rush through it before my 3 day rental period was over.

Why would MS delist their own game.

Licensing agreements don't last forever and Forza has a ton of music and car licenses. First parties aren't any different than third parties for the reasons they delist a title when it's either too much money compared to what they can make back for extending it or because they don't have a choice when the owner of the property cannot or will not extend it.

How much are those games in £ and €? That's why MS doesn't list the prices. I'm not saying it's ideal (I think storeparser is a much better way of handling it) but I get why they only list the % off as that's at least consistent across regions.

Here's the EU blog for the PS DWG, which is worse as it doesn't even list how much % is off. It just lists the games.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tion-store-inc-uncharted-4-just-cause-3-more/
There's no reason they can't have 3 columns for prices.

Its laziness and at least in my case is costing them sales.

Nobody buys things in percentages off. They buy them in a fixed amount of currency.

It just is everytime I see him tweet about this I do not know what the prices of things are.

I literally have never know people to announce a sale without a price. Every new paper circular or promotion lists prices not percentages alone

And the all the different currencies? I don't know how listing percentages helps that either as it doesn't tell any person the price! Everybody loses.

I get what you're saying, but really, you should just subscribe to the dedicated NeoGAF threads below.

For every Xbox owner who wants the prices nicely listed on this forum, our very own Vert boil, whose threads are punctual as heck and accurate for every X360 and X1 sale as well as informative and timely for every digital release including GWG stuff, should have you covered. Just subscribe to his threads, already.

Xbox One Deals with Gold
and
XBLA News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions
The current X360 side of the sale from his latest post in the XBLA sale thread:
It's ridiculous that someone needs to do all this work. I'll take a look but a lot of times I get links through social media and shouldn't have to come through GAF.

It's bad that major Nelson's tweets are useless and I need gaf or CAG to tell me how much things cost

It's ridiculous that someone needs to do all this work. I'll take a look but a lot of times I get links through social media and shouldn't have to come through GAF.

It's bad that major Nelson's tweets are useless and I need gaf or CAG to tell me how much things cost

Yes, things could always be better. Good news is you're a member of a forum who helps to bring exposure to information you might find valuable. And, so there it is for you to use. Otherwise, you should just direct your issues right at Larry Hryb's social media presence rather than simply complaining that we shouldn't have to see a fan work on addressing that issue of a lack of information. In the meantime, you've got options.

Z_Y

Really would like to buy CoD Classic through CoD WaW to round out my collection but $10 a pop seems steep for games that I'll never play and will just sit on my digital shelf. $5 each and I wouldn't have hesitated. :-/. I can't imagine these have aged well.

But buy Prey people.

For those wondering about Killer is Dead I had a fantastic time with it. Akira Yamaoka also did the soundtrack. And it's $5 so give it a shot.

Top Bottom