• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One most played games in the US - Week 38 (Rainbow 6 overtakes CoD, OW, BF)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought it might be worth taking a look at this again, since things have shaken up a bit since last time.

Highlights:
  • To the surprise of no one, Destiny 2 has taken over the charts.
  • Likely to the surprise of many, Rainbow Six Siege is now more popular than Call of Duty, Overwatch, and Battlefield.
  • ROBLOX: There's no stopping this train.
  • Dead By Daylight is doing quite well for what it is.
  • Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility is #17.
  • I suspect Minecraft's absence is due to the Better Together update causing Microsoft to now show it in the list.

mostplayedgameslakda.png

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox?target=games..all

cackhyena

Holy shit. R6 is such a surprise. I keep updating that game, insane patch sizes and all, but I have yet to go back in about a year. I really should.

Rocketz

Siege provides something that nothing else really matches. Plus a new operation came out not too long along so I’m not surprised.

Titanfall 2 though :(

Welfare

I noticed Siege at #1 a couple times. Truly insane performance.

Forza also outperforming Gears and Halo.

Clive

I'm counting one Japanese game in the top 50, Xenoverse 2. Not really surprised by these charts with the exception that people still play Call of Duty and Battlefield on the 360. Goddamn they have legs. F2P is popular on consoles to it seems.

Tomash

Speculation: Gears 4 was played by at least 6.4 million players, including trial players. Number 3200 was changed to less than 0.05% in a blog post about how many players have seriously 4.0 achievement. They've added achievement "Earn 5 ribbons" with the last patch, and that achievement was at 8.2% after a week, which means at least 530k weekly players.

Titanfall 2 holds 39th place, and it had more than 1M monthly active players(all platforms combined) before it was added to EA Access.

My friends are hardcore cod players but they haven't played that in months and all i see them play is Rainbow 6. It is crazy how that game gained a lot of casual players for being a team based shooter.

My friends are hardcore cod players but they haven't played that in months and all i see them play is Rainbow 6. It is crazy how that game gained a lot of casual players for being a team based shooter.

and this is the reason, why i think PUGB will be HUGE on Xbox, too
people are used to play those kind of more tactical shooters now
one could even add Overwatch to that list.

It's requires more than just fragging even on lower skill levels than CoD, Halo or Gears

Chris1

Roblox performance is crazy for a game that noone seems to talk about. I'm surprised it's still exclusive given its popularity

Zushin

How's Siege for new players in terms of getting shreds ripped of you for being new? Trying LoL a few years ago turned me off trying team based games after a community is already established.

Marker007

Roblox performance is crazy for a game that noone seems to talk about. I'm surprised it's still exclusive given its popularity

I have nephews that play this and Minecraft exclusively. I think the majority of people playing it are in the 7-12 age group and that's probably why you don't hear a lot of people talk about it as kids that age aren't super interested in going on forums.

gamz

I have nephews that play this and Minecraft exclusively. I think the majority of people playing it are in the 7-12 age group and that's probably why you don't hear a lot of people talk about it as kids that age aren't super interested in going on forums.

Bingo. It's all my kids play. Those two things. It's not talked about here because we aren't in the Robolox age group.

Trup1aya

Siege is a top shooter because it provides something different, halo intentionally implements mechanics to fit in with the rest of the crowd and falls from grace...

There are lessons to be learned here.

ResoRai

As someone who used to play Roblox and Minecraft a ton when I was younger, exactly this.

gamz

By the way how the hell did MS score console exclusive for Robolox? I don't think people realize how big of a get that is.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
By the way how the hell did MS score console exclusive for Robolox? I don't think people realize how big of a get that is.
They've always done a pretty good job chasing games that are popular among the younger demographic.

I think Sony has historically undervalued that, and felt putting out things like Ratchet and Knack was sufficient.

Xumbrega

Banned
Interesting, Dead by Daylight was free last weekend IIRC, I wonder how many people bought the game after trying it for free.

Same with the Skyrim Special Edition.

Top Bottom