• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One November Preview Info

http://abload.de/img/image34xje.jpg/img] that's all I see. :-/
Should I try and change my DNS?[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. Moin moin.
I'm in Germany too, but my Xbox is set to US.
I have actually 3 related apps to preview installed

-xbox preview dashboard
-survey
-xbox one preview registration

Which one do you show in the pic?

ekim

Hmmmm. Moin moin.
I'm in Germany too, but my Xbox is set to US.
I have actually 3 related apps to preview installed

-xbox preview dashboard
-survey
-xbox one preview registration

Which one do you show in the pic?

It's the preview dashboard. Also tried to change to US but that didn't help. So ne Scheisse.

It's the preview dashboard. Also tried to change to US but that didn't help. So ne Scheisse.

OK some things you can try:

- hart ooops hard reset your xbox (hold power button on console for 10 sec)
- uninstall all the Preview related apps, re install

Not much more I can tell you.
MS support say something?

ekim

OK some things you can try:

- hart ooops hard reset your xbox (hold power button on console for 10 sec)
- uninstall all the Preview related apps, re install

Not much more I can tell you.
MS support say something?

Will try a hard reset. I only have access to this app. All the other apps you listed - where can I find them?

Since this update I'm having problems changing channels through the one guide. Anyone else having this issues? When I select a channel on the guide it says that it can't detect the channel and that to try again or contact our services provider. I get TV through OTA broadcast.

Will try a hard reset. I only have access to this app. All the other apps you listed - where can I find them?

If everything works right you should automatically be directed to those.
If you select "take a survey" it directs you to the survey app (or to the store page if you don't have it yet).
I really think its a synchronizing issue, if its not there on Monday then you should worry.

ekim

Du musst einfach nur warten. Alles ist okay so. Dauert immer einige Tage bis man freigeschaltet wird.

If everything works right you should automatically be directed to those.
If you select "take a survey" it directs you to the survey app (or to the store page if you don't have it yet).
I really think its a synchronizing issue, if its not there on Monday then you should worry.

Ok. Dann warte ich mal noch ein paar Tage. Danke! :)

Ding II

It took me months to "get into" the preview program, because I didn't understand how to do one of the steps. Or, more accurately, I didn't know I needed to do anything. I eventually discovered, accidentally, that there was some sort of registration app sitting in the "ready to install" section of my "Games and Apps" page. (I think that's the name.) One has to scroll all the way over to right to see this section. Once I installed that app, I was able use it to (again) ask to be added to the preview, and a few days later I got my first preview build.

Daximuss

Major props to the Xbox OS team and to Mr. Spencer's vision for Xbox One.

I would love an invitation to the preview program if someone has the time to send out an invite.
Gamertag: Daximuss

Thank you

malfcn

Update available.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 10/27/2014, you will be prompted to do so at that time..

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1411.141021-2149
Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/24 (2AM GMT 10/25)

NEW EXPERIENCES

A previous app update to Media Player allows you to set custom backgrounds using your own images!

FIXES

If your console ever spontaneously turned on after taking the latest update, it should no longer do this.
You should now be able to join a friend’s game from their Profile page.
Custom background fixes to resolve missing tiles or text appearing intermittently.

KNOWN ISSUES

If you have TV Snapped then start a game, you may notice the TV App screen go black for 7-20 seconds, then resume. The team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
If you send a Party invite to 2+ friends signed in on another console, only one friend on that console will be able to accept the invite; the others will be kicked out once anyone else accepts. The team is aware and working on a fix.

This is my first month using the preview updates.

A lot of the writing used is...weird. Like foreign but not, if you get me? So "Your Custom Background" will be written in English but with the accents above each letter or maybe a backwards B or something.

Is that normal for these previews?

EvB

This is my first month using the preview updates.

A lot of the writing used is...weird. Like foreign but not, if you get me? So "Your Custom Background" will be written in English but with the accents above each letter or maybe a backwards B or something.

Is that normal for these previews?

Yeah, that's text isn't used for them to pick out untranslated stuff across multiple languages

Majine

Banned
Does the TV tuner require your system to be set on the countries where the thing is available? I was thinking on importing it.

audeh64r8

Banned
Hi there, anyone having problems with the Xbox One Tv Digital Tuner here in the uk? Got mine today and it wont scan all the channels for freeview... Im in the preview service though.

Any one having problems?

RoKKeR

Jesus fuck my Xbox has been so slow today. Reset because no apps were loading and now my backgrounds have disappeared... woo.

This happening to anyone else?

vrln

Neo Member
Finally got the update... First impressions: awesome! I´m using a scenery picture from Horizon 2 with orange tiles and it looks so fresh now... Brings a smile to my face every time I turn the console on. This and the previous patch have transformed the OS from a promising multitasking-UI with usability issues to a really coherent and smooth OS that is just a joy to use. Loving my Xbox One even more now, thank you OS team if any of you are reading this! What I hope to see next is transparent tiles, a selection of preloaded background pictures and maybe even animated themes like on Windows.

On the downside I´m still experiencing frequent controller disconnects. Played Horizon 2 for a few hours yesterday and got two. Same thing as before: controller just turns off and doesn´t try to reconnect. It´s annoying, but I can live with it. I just hope I could know if this is hardware based or not (i.e. should I get it replaced). I have a feeling it´s at least partly or even completely a software issue as the frequency of these disconnects has been changing a lot throughout updates.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OT, but how does Xbox handle profiles? Launched Forza horizon 2 but it loaded up my sons save game - I guess as he walked past the TV it logged him in? But when I switched profiles in the dash it didn't trigger a change of save game in Forza, I had to quit and reload. Is there an easier way around that?

I have it auto sign me in, and I launched Fh2 with a controller so it shouldn't have switched to my sons profile anyway.

Back OT a little bit, I would like a change to how profile work. If I'my signed in as an adult, but kinect recognises my kids in the room, it won't let me launch twitch without signing in to authorise my kids profiles. I don't think that should be necessary - I'm an adult and I'm signed in so let me use my apps.

Omni

Jesus fuck my Xbox has been so slow today. Reset because no apps were loading and now my backgrounds have disappeared... woo.

This happening to anyone else?

Yeah. My console has been slow/buggy since the update. Especially when turning on the system (literally just freezes). I've de-registered from the preview program because of it

link1201

new update 10-26-14

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1411.141023-2232
Available: 2:00PM PDT 10/26 (10PM GMT 10/26)

FIXES
◾A fix for an issue some users reported where returning to Home from a game was unresponsive.

KNOWN ISSUES
◾Some Achievement notifications may not appear while you are playing a game. The team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
◾If you send a Party invite to 2+ friends signed in on another console, only one friend on that console will be able to accept the invite; the others will be kicked out once anyone else accepts. The team is aware and working on a fix.

grkazan12

I'm not an expert on video formats, but not every mkv file that I have can play on the One. One mkv of mine played excellently through USB and DLNA streaming, but other files, no matter how I play them, give me an error message.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

frontieruk

I'm not an expert on video formats, but not every mkv file that I have can play on the One. One mkv of mine played excellently through USB and DLNA streaming, but other files, no matter how I play them, give me an error message.

Either the codec the video was ripped in isn't supported or the codec the audio is in isn't, could even be the subtitles or multiple audio streams, MKV isn't a video standard is just a container for audio / video and related files so if different people made the MKVs they can have wildly different settings per file.

sbrew

Banned

I use Plex Server as my DLNA media server and It seems they have purposely gimped the Xbox One profile that comes with the free Media Server.

Easily fixed by using one of the profiles that users made long ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2c840l/getting_plex_to_play_nice_with_xbox_one_how_to/

After following those instructions, XB1 Media Player can play ANY MKV.

Top Bottom