• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Redeem Code Help & Question/Confusion

I apologize to the moderators and admins and the community if this is not the appropriate way to ask a question (if so please feel free to berate me) but its rather important because its never happened to me before.

I'll cut to the chase:

I purchased an Xbox One game (Tekken 7 Day One) from Mexico but I can't seem to redeem the codes it comes with. It says I need to change the Language but I've done that to Espanol many times to no avail.

I've even tried to change the location to Mexico and still cant redeem the code.

I agreed to the terms and conditions but it tells me "Change your language region in Settings You can't acquire this item in your currently selected language"

I've contacted Bandai Namco and they instructed me to contact Microsoft Support which I did but was told to fill out a 'migration account' form.

I'm somewhat bewildered by the fact that this is the first time I've encountered an issue like this. I've purchased games from Asutralia, Europe, Asia etc and have had no issues with redeeming codes until now.

If anyone knows a solution to this, please let me know or perhaps moderators and admins can revert this thread to an Xbox Live topic or something. I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

Caayn

That's strange. Have you tried redeeming it through the website and the Xbox app?

I do believe that MS has been trying to minimize the abuse of "low price countries" lately.

Last edited:
That's strange. Have you tried redeeming it through the website and the Xbox app?

I have and I still get the same error. Even though I changed the location to Mexico and the language to Espanol (Mexico) it still tells me to change the language despite already doing so. I don't read Espanol but I know its telling the exact same message.

maxwell247

Um, I'm not sure where are you from, but maybe you can try to bypass that problem with setting up VPN internet connection.

For example, I do have additional Canadian account but I live in eastern Europe. Because many original Xbox Games and even 360 games are not available digitally in my region but I want to play them via Backwards Compatibility on XOne. From sometime on you cannot just login into your Canadian account and make a purchase. You have to use VPN through internet browser, and when Xbox Store thinks you are physically in Canada - the purchase works fine.

Another example that is much closer to your problem, I bought Halo 5 digital code on the internet in August, but when I tried to redeem it - Xbox Store said that my region is wrong. I contacted the seller and It appeared to be, that the code was for US only, and not region free. Nevertheless I managed to VPN US connection, changed the region (in the bottom of Xbox Store page) to US and the code redeemed.

Something like that also happened to me sometime in June, when I bought Sea of Thieves digital code.

Last edited:
Um, I'm not sure where are you from, but maybe you can try to bypass that problem with setting up VPN internet connection.

For example, I do have additional Canadian account but I live in eastern Europe. Because many original Xbox Games and even 360 games are not available digitally in my region but I want to play them via Backwards Compatibility on XOne. From sometime on you cannot just login into your Canadian account and make a purchase. You have to use VPN through internet browser, and when Xbox Store thinks you are physically in Canada - the purchase works fine.

Another example that is much closer to your problem, I bought Halo 5 digital code on the internet in August, but when I tried to redeem it - Xbox Store said that my region is wrong. I contacted the seller and It appeared to be, that the code was for US only, and not region free. Nevertheless I managed to VPN US connection, changed the region (in the bottom of Xbox Store page) to US and the code redeemed.

Something like that also happened to me sometime in June, when I bought Sea of Thieves digital code.

Hm...I'm new to the whole VPN thing but I will do some research on it. Do you still have access to the games you purchased digitally and all your achievements saved by doing this?

Did you redeem the code directly from the Microsoft store page or on the console?

Last edited:

maxwell247

VPN is not any type of fraud, I did pay the money for those games. You just "emulate your physical presence" within the contry you need. So I don't see why I should not have the access to the game library or achievements.

I used TouchVPN browser addon in Chrome. It's simple. So I used Microsoft store page.

Last edited:
VPN is not any type of fraud, I did pay the money for those games. You just "emulate your physical presence" within the contry you need. So I don't see why I should not have the access to the game library or achievements.

I used TouchVPN browser addon in Chrome. It's simple. So I used Microsoft store page.

Appreciate the response. I've never actually used the Microsoft Store on a web browser before but silly question; will the game download directly to the Xbox One upon redeeming the code? When the download is complete should I revert the VPN back to its default settings?

maxwell247

Well, if the code is redeemed - the purchased content is added to your account forever. It's just prepaid, right? It will automatically be downloaded to your Xbox One if you have this option switched on on the Xbox.

TouchVPN is addon or plug-in for Google Chrome. You download it, enable it - choose the country and here you go. Then just switch it off. Or delete.

Top Bottom