• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S doesn't have a dedicated Kinect port, requires separate USB adaptor

chadskin

One thing has been removed, however: the Xbox One S doesn’t include a dedicated Kinect sensor port. If you want to hook up a Kinect for voice controls you’ll need a separate USB adaptor. (Microsoft says that there will be a program to offer the adaptors for free to existing Xbox One owners who decide to upgrade.)
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911184/microsoft-xbox-one-s-announced-price-specs-e3-2016

Yep.

xHTSpM3.jpg

Mattrick wins.

Azoor

Do they even trying to push Kinect anymore ? It seems like a fad compared to all the attention VR is getting.

Hello, I'm new here: What is "HDR"?

High Dynamic Range. It's part of the UltraHD standard of video playback. It probably wont have anything to do with games, but it will make your 4k blurays pretty if you have the right screen to match.

Basically it means that the image has more visible detail in the highlights and the shadows. More nuanced contrast for the bits that usually crush or blow out. It uses metadata to work with your TV to find the output limits and tailor it to your screen settings.

Canucked

I hated Kinect, even on XOne, but was hoping it would evolve more. Shame it's getting pushed aside. I figured it would integrate with HoloLense.

Qassim

As someone who uses the Kinect quite a lot pretty much *every day*, I've long known the Kinect is dead. The voice recognition has severely degraded since launch, from about 90%+ accuracy to 70% accuracy.

It's a shame :/

Sorry if this sounds horrible but... good? I'm glad the Kinect age is behind us.

Kinect wasn't technically up to snuff for the precision of gaming and now VR is here, it's completely obsolete.

Also if Kinect came with your Xbox, sure. But if you are willing to pay an extra $100 to tell your Xbox to start games instead of just using the controller to select an icon, well...

I can't get by without my kinect. I don't even know where my controller is a lot when I watch netflix or Amazon a lot.

Wow.

If it had a built in microphone that's great but I don't want to strap on a headset to tell it to play or pause when I already have to have the controller for that.

So why not just use your controller instead of Kinect too? Baffling comment, completely counters what you said.

sonto340

I can't get by without my kinect. I don't even know where my controller is a lot when I watch netflix or Amazon a lot.
If it had a built in microphone that's great but I don't want to strap on a headset to tell it to play or pause when I already have to have the controller for that.

yyr

Ugh, that sucks. I don't want to sacrifice a USB port =\

I use the voice commands daily and still own a few of the games.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm honestly baffled how they went in so hard on Kinect only to drop it a hot minute after the console released: there had to be a billion points in the process of developing the console that someone (internally, in focus groups or in the software development community) told them it was a mistake.

Crayon

I'm honestly baffled how they went in so hard on Kinect only to drop it a hot minute after the console released: there had to be a billion points in the process of developing the console that someone (internally, in focus groups or in the software development community) told them it was a mistake.

Having the family room mic'd/camera'd 24/7 was worth the hail mary in their mind. They were trying to think like google but ended up just coming up with a transparently pathological scheme.

Top Bottom