• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

amdb00mer

Anybody know if they have updated the Media Player app to play 4K video files such as 'mkv' and 'mp4' on X1S? I tried a couple the other day and just got a green screen. :(
I also tweeted to Mike Ybarra about getting the Edge browser on X1S in native 4K. So that youtube streaming through it could be selected to show 4K while we wait on the official youtube app on X1S to support 4K.

CrewShadow

is anyone else having trouble getting your list of hidden away from to reappear when using LT+RT+X in the ready to install section?

mcrommert

Banned
Is any other preview member still not getting new Pandora to install? Its sitting in my ready to install but no matter what won't install.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I can't use my credit card as a payment option. wtf? It says that I should use a different payment option.

Edit: It worked just fine on tuesday when I bought Ducktales Remastered.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I just wanted to have a nice evening with a friend, but Rainbow Six Siege crashed and when I tried starting it again, the console needed an update.
I WANT A "LET ME UPDATE IN AN HOUR" OPTION!

Ever since the update my Activity Feed has been messy. Either nothing new shows up at all or it takes hours. I've only seen a few achievements, clips, etc. from myself or friends since. Also, when I hit refresh, it jumbles everything up and anything in the last two days disappears and I only see activity from days ago after that.

Defect

Why did they fuck up the game clips upload stuff. It doesn't delete the oldest clip to make room for a new one now. I keep getting "Clip failed to upload to xbox live"

Fix this shit ms

Two days in a row now that I turn the Xbox One on from Instant On and it says I need to connect to Xbox Live. No matter what I do, I go into the network settings and try to connect to XBLG but it says no service info is available and it just can't connect. So I have to reboot the system for the whole goddamn thing to connect again.

Sigh.... is this some new kind of Instant On issue? Or perhaps Preview related? I did have an update yesterday and I installed it and when that was done in turned the console off. But now needing to restart the system every day certainly destroys the whole purpose of instant on if you ask me.

I'm trying to edit a clip, from 1m to 10 sec but I keep getting the message I have no more space in XBL despite I already deleted couple of lengthy clips.
If I really maxed out my cloud storage, I wish I could buy more space as I can for OneDrive.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone knows if the recorded clips will disappear? And how to save them on xbox eventually?
Appreciate it .
Omg you just reminded me, has anyone figured out how to clear the Game DVR saves? That stupid app is so annoying, not only does it take forever to load the captures, but I had this ridiculous bug where I couldn't save any more captures because it told me it was full, but after a factory reset of the console it still told me I was at the limit even though there was nothing showing up in the saved section so I couldn't delete captures to make room. I can still capture stuff and it uploads automatically, but I can't save any of that stuff permanently (on the console at least, it can be done on a PC).

Detective

Omg you just reminded me, has anyone figured out how to clear the Game DVR saves? That stupid app is so annoying, not only does it take forever to load the captures, but I had this ridiculous bug where I couldn't save any more captures because it told me it was full, but after a factory reset of the console it still told me I was at the limit even though there was nothing showing up in the saved section so I couldn't delete captures to make room. I can still capture stuff and it uploads automatically, but I can't save any of that stuff permanently (on the console at least, it can be done on a PC).

I can't find the option for save.

Www.Xboxdvr.com

Is always worth a look too.

I ment on xbox console .

Why is it that the resume feature barely seems to work for me?

A hour ago I was playing Sherlock Holmes Crimes and punishments and I turned the console off using Instant On. I did not quit the game. So a minute ago I turn the console on but I had to reboot the game though.

Do you need to be in the dashboard and then turn the console off for it to work or something? I had the game on pause when I turned the console off.

Lima

Can I put my gamertag and my saves onto a USB stick like with the 360?

No you can't. Everything is stored in the cloud though.

This is a combination of both having this stuff easily accessible in the cloud and to move away from the rampant save and profile tampering (unlocking achievements via tools etc.) on the 360.

EmiPrime

No you can't. Everything is stored in the cloud though.

This is a combination of both having this stuff easily accessible in the cloud and to move away from the rampant save and profile tampering (unlocking achievements via tools etc.) on the 360.

Even without an active XBL Gold account?

EmiPrime

Yeah silver accounts also get cloud storage. Just login on a different Xbox One (I assume this is what you want to do) and then when you start a game it will sync the save file.

Ah fantastic, thank you for the reassurance. I am an on and off again Gold subscriber and I wanted to be sure my saves would carry over to Scorpio as I will probably sell my Xbox One before it comes out.

Is there any way to preorder a game with the funds taken out immediately anymore? I noticed that the website store merged with mircrosoft.com, but don't know how if the funds are taken immediately now.

Weevilone

I have an older Xbox one with hard drive saves for a lot of games. I've just realized that I can use backward compatibility and play lots of them on my One.

What's the easiest way to get my old saves into the cloud? Do I really have to manually move each one?

I have an older Xbox one with hard drive saves for a lot of games. I've just realized that I can use backward compatibility and play lots of them on my One.

What's the easiest way to get my old saves into the cloud? Do I really have to manually move each one?

Do you mean a 360? Cos older Xbone will still cloud save automatically. 360 you will have to manually move, yes :(

malfcn

Turned my Xbox off a few minutes ago.
System running and orb on console blinking. No video is displayed, and Kinect lights are turning on and off.

Finely shut itself down.
But it didn't blast the TV off like it normally does.

Is anyone else's BluRay app constantly updating? Every time I turn on my console it updates it again and again... I deleted it, cleared its cache and it keeps happening

This was interesting. This morning I turned the console on, same game and this time I was able to resume. The only thing I did different yesterday was that I went to the dashboard while I didn't quit the game and then turned the console off. So it's either that or resume feature is highly inconsistent.

Is anyone else's BluRay app constantly updating? Every time I turn on my console it updates it again and again... I deleted it, cleared its cache and it keeps happening

Yeah, same here. Also, does anyone know when proper background music is coming? As in, I don't have to use an app for it but only my own media server?

Ok...

Just had a new Preview update, it installed fine and then it should reboot by itself but for like 10 minutes I've been looking at the Xbox One console and the big white X blinking and nothing happening.

What should I do? I also don't hear any loading sounds, so it seems like it's not doing anything.

Anybody having problems with the cast app after the most recent update?? Its basically useless now, doesnt stay open for more then 10 seconds after launching a game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Part of the preview program, latest update borked my fucking xbox one. Do you guys know where I can locate OSUDT2 and OSUDT3 files? OSUDT1 didn't work for me. Right now I'm just letting my console idle on the green startup screen, but I don't have high expectations it will work.

oops it started working after waiting forever on the startup screen, I don't get it. Subsequent boots also don't have an issue, wonder what was really wrong...

malfcn

The last 2 times I've turned off my Xbox, the video cuts and then the white orb and kinect flash for 5 minutes before powering off. The TV isn't blasted off, and the next start up Kinect won't wake because the brick is orange.

JeffG

This last production build sure doesn't seem to be stable. I had DA:I crash about 6 times yesterday, which is more times than the last year in total.

malfcn

Store likes to crash on me.

Also, it looks like BC games keep my TV active.
I fell asleep and hours later my TV was still bright, and not dimmed.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So wait. Under the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, if someone is playing a game on Steam, not only can I see them online on my Xbox, I can see what game they're playing?

Zedox

So wait. Under the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, if someone is playing a game on Steam, not only can I see them online on my Xbox, I can see what game they're playing?

If they are playing the games that MS knows about (I think they said top 100 or 1000 games or something)

Top Bottom