• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox one took The top-selling console spot For july in the US a.k.a the world

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are you guessing or insider?

neither. was posted in predictions thread :)

A3hiOVs.png

DocSeuss

Dang, the 360 outsold the PS3. And people said they thought the PS3 would beat the Xbox. Hah! I say. Hah.

Actually the 3DS was!

3DS is "technically" a console, but when people talk about consoles in this space, they are referring to the set top boxes, not portables. They tend to refer to portables as portables.

Dang, the 360 outsold the PS3. And people said they thought the PS3 would beat the Xbox. Hah! I say. Hah.

3DS is "technically" a console, but when people talk about consoles in this space, they are referring to the set top boxes, not portables. They tend to refer to portables as portables.

Like, do you mean back before the 360 and PS3 came out?

kyser73

10k difference in units, look at the ASP & revenue difference.

This is the very definition of a phyrric victory.

But you know, go MS! Woo!

CCIE

Banned
You would hope so since they were giving them away... 50-75% off from what I saw. And it is funny the MAU isn't mentioned...

pixelation

lol, so they win and all of a sudden they forget about the MAUS and all that shit and its cool to talk about actual sales numbers?, the hypocrites.

jaypah

10k difference in units, look at the ASP & revenue difference.

This is the very definition of a phyrric victory.

But you know, go MS! Woo!

Yeah, you tell em! Didn't win shit MS!

Anyway, fire sale is fire sale. I'm more curious to see how the XBS sells. Neo is going to crush the holiday.

lol, so they win and all of a sudden they forget about the MAUS and all that shit and its cool to talk about actual sales numbers?, the hypocrites.

"hours gamers spent on all Xbox consoles across the globe "were up 18 percent" over the same period last year."

If that doesn't sound like PR spin then I don't know what to tell you. Probably should have said Xbox Family.

Yeah, you tell em! Didn't win shit MS!

Anyway, fire sale is fire sale. I'm more curious to see how the XBS sells. Neo is going to crush the holiday.

I'm expecting the PS4 to crush the holidays? Neo? I think that's price dependent. Has a chance at $399 and not above.

jaypah

I'm expecting the PS4 to crush the holidays? Neo? I think that's price dependent. Has a chance at $399 and not above.

Yeah, I guess I should have led with saying I expect the Neo to be $399. Honestly I could see it still crushing the holiday at $449, I just think that Sony wouldn't want to. Come in that high.

So, I guess the takeaway is cheapest competent multiplat console will win the race?

The same XB1 has been cheaper than a PS4, plus it usually came with a game. I think the price just got so low that a lot people said, fuck it why not?". Like when those bought all those HP Touchpads or whatever they were called.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Sony needs to hire Trump for their new ad campaign "Make PlayStation great again" if they want to be any chance of getting back in this race.

Yeah, I guess I should have led with saying I expect the Neo to be $399. Honestly I could see it still crushing the holiday at $449, I just think that Sony wouldn't want to. Come in that high.

The same XB1 has been cheaper than a PS4, plus it usually came with a game. I think the price just got so low that a lot people said, fuck it why not?". Like when those bought all those HP Touchpads or whatever they were called.
You might as well charge $500 if your gonna shoot that high.
You bet, one of the reasons i don't like the XB brand. They are the biggest hypocrites out there.

This is business. This is how all companies work.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
XB1S is a great piece of kit, but its not going to stand a chance against a price dropped PS4 and NEO at the same time. I think that year head start might do more damage than MS anticipates..

jaypah

You bet, one of the reasons i don't like the XB brand. They are the biggest hypocrites out there.

You legit don't remember the PlayStation Family years? Sony is kicking ass but they weren't always so eager to put the numbers out. When a company does good they like to talk about it. When a company does badly they try not to talk about it. That's pretty much it.

wapplew

Cheap enough competent multiplat console win then.

When the PS4 wins does it always win big. Reason I am curious is because when Ps4 wins I never see the must of won by a nose post only when the Xbox wins .

When the PS4 wins does it always win big. Reason I am curious is because when Ps4 wins I never see the must of won by a nose post only when the Xbox wins .

This year, when PS4 won, 4 out of 6 times, it was by a hefty margin.

The sales gap for this year is about 500k in favor of the PS4. That happens precisely because of big wins.

statham

Yes, but MS won't keep the price cuta and promotions at a steep enough level to maintain the kind of momentum they had over the last two months.
They are already offering 4 free games with the slim model

edit: peeps thinking scorpio will be high in price, yes for the first month then they will bundle the shit out of it to match Neo.

jaypah

I honestly think that Sony can sell better than decent at $449. Ride that shit for 6 months or so and catch those crazy profits. What's gonna happen? So long as they are cheaper than Scorpio by the time it releases they don't have competition. But I think they're going to come in at $399 and just go for the reduced price PS4, PSVR, Neo combo. That shit seems unstoppable.

pixelation

This is business. This is how all companies work.

It's repulsive, it's going to be interesting to see them go back to their MAUS only shtick once the PS4 beats them again with their tails tucked between their legs... until they win again...

They are already offering 4 free games with the slim model

I didn't see that, but the original xb1 can be had for as low as $229 new with a game. Some really great bargains continue to be offered.

It's repulsive, it's going to be interesting to see them go back to their MAUS only shtick once the PS4 beats them again with their tails tucked between their legs... until they win again...

You must not have been around for the PS3 era. Sony had some masterful or spin with the PlayStation family. Also, you are getting emotionally invested in the sales numbers of plastic toys.

pixelation

So they can't even ACKNOWLEDGE being the top selling console? They didn't give numbers or anything.

They also still mentioned usage. Sooooooooooooooo

You legit don't remember the PlayStation Family years? Sony is kicking ass but they weren't always so eager to put the numbers out. When a company does good they like to talk about it. When a company does badly they try not to talk about it. That's pretty much it.

Playstation Family didn't happen?

edit: jaypah with the quick finger

I bet you think somehow its different

Did Sony ever state that they would no longer be talking about sales instead, they'd mention some other wacko metric and then all of a sudden to their convenience have a change of heart?, because i sure as hell don't remember that ever happening.

jaypah

Cheap enough competent multiplat console win then.

Ok, I can meet you here. I still think XB1 would max out at a point, regardless of how cheap it is. PlayStation just has better mass appeal. Especially with VR and a very solid first party stable. Xbox would definitely gain some much needed ground though. In the US. Worldwide Sony still smokes them.

It's repulsive, it's going to be interesting to see them go back to their MAUS only shtick with their tails tucked between their legs... until they win again...

Lmao, are you gonna be ok?

Welfare

Did Sony ever state that they would no longer be talking about sales instead, they'd mention some other wacko metric and then all of a sudden to their convenience have a change of heart?, because i sure as hell don't remember that ever happening.

Did Microsoft actually say, "We will not disclose if we sell the most units in an NPD month.", because I certainly don't remember that ever happening.

pixelation

I didn't see that, but the original xb1 can be had for as low as $229 new with a game. Some really great bargains continue to be offered.

You must not have been around for the PS3 era. Sony had some masterful or spin with the PlayStation family. Also, you are getting emotionally invested in the sales numbers of plastic toys.

Well i guess i wasn't around during the PS3 era, but the reason i am upset is because i really dislike hypocritical persons or companies. That is all really.

Yes. They randomly started lumping all PS hardware together, then would stop for a month when the PS3 sold better, then revert back the following month.

All companies spin numbers to put a happy face on sales. :)

jaypah

Yes. They randomly started lumping all PS hardware together, then would stop for a month when the PS3 sold better, then revert back the following month.

Damn, now he/she has to hate Sony too. Anything else would be....hypocritical. Guess it's all Nintendo and PC from here on out for good ol' pixelation. Shame really...

pixelation

Lmao, are you gonna be ok?
Yuss! :p
Did Microsoft actually say, "We will not disclose if we sell the most units in an NPD month.", because I certainly don't remember that ever happening.
They implied it though...

I honestly did not know that...

Top Bottom