• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox one will now be launching on the 29 September 2014 in China (6 Days Delay)

Kayant

New release date of 29th September.
You read that right. After announcing on the 20th that it wasn’t going to meet its September 23 release date for the Xbox One in China, it has now clarified when the new release date will be—the 29th, some six days from today (and of course six days from the original launch date)
Thanks to - http://www.gamesinasia.com/that-was-fast-xbox-one-gets-a-new-chinese-release-date

Reason for the delay(Speculation) :
The delay comes as Microsoft is being investigated by Chinese authorities who have accused it of violating its anti-trust laws.
Via - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29309417

The anti-trust related delay is just a speculation by the BBC.
Most Chinese news sites believe the Xbox One delay is due to the government's recent crackdown on TV/Video streaming apps and illegal/foreign contents. This would have an effect on the console's launch since BesTV is a partner in the deal + free streaming content was part of the launch package. This belief is also supported by the fact that the BesTV app was taken down from the xbl market place for 4-5 hours shortly before the XB1's original 23rd launch date. Shortly after it was put back up, the MS/BesTV PR team started to hint that the console is ready for release.

Delay if old.

Not sure how MS will market Xbone in China. Majority of Chinese game on PC and many Xbone key titles (Titanfal, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, CoD etc) are available or coming to PC. The only huge titles coming these year are Halo:MC and Forza Horizon 2 but I don't think those 2 games would sell as many consoles as MS expected.

Not sure how MS will market Xbone in China. Majority of Chinese game on PC and many Xbone key titles (Titanfal, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, CoD etc) are available or coming to PC. The only huge titles coming these year are Halo:MC and Forza Horizon 2 but I don't think those 2 games would sell as many consoles as MS expected.

They game on PC because consoles were banned he last 15 years, not because they had a choice.

Just saying.

Welfare

Ok then... shipment issue or something? They made it sound like it would be delayed for a few months.

Noobcraft

They do have some Chinese moba thing on it there don't they?

Doffen

You forgot Sunset Overdrive

They game on PC because consoles were banned he last 15 years, not because they had a choice.

Just saying.

Just because it has been banned doesn't mean you can't find it though. 360 was huge because of the "obvious" reason. You can pretty much buy any console from a gray market or some shady-looking malls

You forgot Sunset Overdrive

As much as I admire Insomniac's work, I don't think SSO is a console seller compared to franchise like Halo and Forza.

Kinthalis

Banned

Just saying.

Lol.Yeah right. What exactly does a console have to offer a bunch of gamers already comfortable with PC gaming?

More expensive games?

Not that I don't think it doesn't have at least a chance at gaining a respectable audience... marketing is a powerful thing. but it seems doubtful. Anyone know how they are pricing it? I mean relatively speaking, I knows it's $600, how does that compare to other gaming devices there?

NickFire

China just need a few days to modify the Kinect camera for their own purposes.

That's good. Humor aside, I'm guessing MS jumped through hoop after hoop getting this launched. Hopefully for them no more last minute delays become forced on them.

10 launch games (all digital, no physical releases):

“Forza Motorsport 5”
“Kinect Sports Rivals”
“Powerstar Golf”
“Zoo Tycoon”*
“Max: The Curse of Brotherhood”*

“Dance Central Spotlight” from
“Neverwinter Online”
“Rayman Legends”
“Trials Fusion”
“Naughty Kitties”

People who pre-orders will be compensated with 2 free games (max + zoo) for the delay

Rumored games to be available soon (seen on smart glass):
"Watch Dogs"
"Super Time Force"

Reason for the delay :

Via - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29309417

Delay if old.

Most Chinese news sites believe the Xbox One delay is due to the government's recent crackdown on TV/Video streaming apps and illegal/foreign contents. This would have an effect on the console's launch since BesTV is a partner in the deal + free streaming content was part of the launch package. This belief is also supported by the fact that the BesTV app was taken down from the xbl market place for 4-5 hours shortly before the XB1's original 23rd launch date. Shortly after it was put back up, the MS/BesTV PR team started to hint that the console is ready for release.

So, Chinese region is locked down tight right? Like, I can't change my region and download Neverwinter like I could change my region to Japan to download Chaos;Child?

So, Chinese region is locked down tight right? Like, I can't change my region and download Neverwinter like I could change my region to Japan to download Chaos;Child?

What is known:
1) China-region console will have to download a 504MB day-one patch.
2) Region can only be set to China, language can only be set to simplified Chinese.
3) Kinect is not working perfectly, but games like kinect sports rivals has Mandarin voice + simplified Chinese menus.

a.k.a. region locked completely for China-region consoles.

As for import consoles, reports been claiming that there's no issues in regards to signing into a China-region account from an import (ex: US) machine.

No news on whether you can purchase and play a "china-version" game on a US console. We'll have more details on the 29th.

------------------------------------------------

P.S. I've mentioned this before, but I'm amused how people are suddenly interested in Choas Head...

JeffG

That makes more sense.

Just saying.

They game on PC because consoles had next to nothing in terms of localizations or Chinese Language support.

Getting the actual hardware & games (supply) was never a problem. There's just no demand unless you really want to learn English/Japanese.

nynt9

They game on PC because consoles had next to nothing in terms of localizations or Chinese Language support.

Getting the actual hardware & games (supply) was never a problem. There's just no demand unless you really want to learn English/Japanese.

This isn't entirely true. Many games get localized to Chinese for Hong Kong.

One4U

Banned
Most of my friends in China will buy Hongkong version Xbox One because it is not region locked.

The gamers who will purchase China Xbox One will be isolated from other Xbox fans. Don't blame to MS, but to China authorities.

Top Bottom