• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X cuts price to $400!!!!!!!!!......(But only with the "Fall Out 76" bundle, Bethesda Fire sale BOMBA?)

7d0ec2ed-166b-46fa-aa2d-02b629248184.jpg

5ae0c7cc-b042-4b6c-a749-a955ba5093cd.jpg

Game requires Xbox Live Gold to play on Xbox (subscription sold separately).
Get free shipping and hassle-free returns when you buy direct from Microsoft Store.
$499.00 MSRP* $399.00 ADD TO CART
Microsoft is offering a nice deal on one of the Xbox One X bundles right now. The Fallout 76 Xbox One X bundle, which normally sells for $500 USD, is now going for $400 USD.
Two versions of the bundle are available, including the Robot White and standard black editions. Both come with a 1 TB Xbox One X system, as well as a copy of the game and one-month trials for Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. Shipping is free through the Microsoft Store website.
This deal appears to only be available in the United States. Retailer Amazon is also offering the Fallout 76 Xbox One X bundle for $400 USD, so that's another option to consider.
Fallout 76 launched in October behind a lukewarm critical reception. Even if you're not interested in the game, getting the Xbox One X for $400 USD is a fantastic deal on its own.

Another deal to consider is at Newegg; the store is offering the Fallout 76 Xbox One X bundle for only $350 USD right now--but the deal is ending soon.

So it seems like Bethesda has partnered with Microsoft to get Fall Out 76 into the hands of more gamers by basically covering Microsofts losses to have a fire sale. Microsoft stores, some retailers, and Amazon have the bundle the Fall Out 76 Xbox One X bundle with the Xbox One price cut by $100. For Newegg shoppers by $150!

But looking into things, as well as the games status, this may not work as well as they think. I mean sure, it'll work a bit since gamers will be getting the most important part of the bundle, The Xbox One X console, for a good price, but outside maybe the initial shock it seems clear based on retailers reports, that status of the game, social media, and other avenues people don't really want Fall Out 76. It is basically BOMBA.

Bethesda needs to make sure that situation doesn't happen again and regain their reputation. Even with panic sales like this they aren't going to get away with it and it's already been made abundantly clear.

The bundles come in two color options of Black and White and contained the "digital" download of the game. Also a free month of Xbox Game Pass.

zwiggelbig

Phil Spencer can shut up about "for the gamers" now. This is An insult tot Every gamer out there.

And geez. Such a good impression! Strongest console, most shitty game ever

FranXico

I've seen similarly generous sales for Fallout 76 PS4 bundles.

Yes, Fallout 76 reduces the value of anything it gets bundled with.

LMJ

Lol I mean that's still a savings of $50 for the consumer, but yeah FO76:sick:regardless that's funny, man Microsoft and Sony bet on the wrong horse with that bundle (and after FO4 who can blame them) :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I've seen it for $350 recently. Good choice on bundles MS, FO76 and BFV.

Dev1lXYZ

Bought! Can’t wait to never play this game- but I have Gamepass ($2)lined up for some Crackdown 3 and Forza Horizon 4 in 4K. That’s a lot of savings right there. Practically handed me a console library for free. Definitely buying Metro Exodus this weekend.

Last edited:

Elenchus

Banned
you know whats better?

a pc for multiplats

Not really. HDR on PC is a dumpster fire; PC has to wait years for Rockstar titles; the multiplayer is usually far more impacted by cheating and hacking (see Apex Legends); and, even when it’s not, requires console gamers to play with a mouse and keyboard in their lap or play at a significant disadvantage with a controller. PC is far from the panacea portrayed on this forum.

Elenchus

Banned
That depends on the pc

This as well. I’m still waiting for the PC master race folks around here to post their killer $500 builds. Strangely no one ever does. They just talk about a hypothetical PC. Excuse me. I need to go outside to wash my hypothetical Porsche. Be right back.

Calm down holy.. slashbringer merely corrected ulysses for a fact that PC is way better than xbox1x for multiplats. The hate of pc on this forum is strange to me. It's still the only place to get smooth gaming experience after all.

Calm down holy.. slashbringer merely corrected ulysses for a fact that PC is way better than xbox1x for multiplats. The hate of pc on this forum is strange to me. It's still the only place to get smooth gaming experience after all.

No, the post was literally there to start some wars, and the post was moderated as a result.

Ulysses 31

This as well. I’m still waiting for the PC master race folks around here to post their killer $500 builds. Strangely no one ever does. They just talk about a hypothetical PC. Excuse me. I need to go outside to wash my hypothetical Porsche. Be right back.
Why should they? There's all kinds of reasons one why one might prefer games on PC.

The only game with broken HDR so far for me has been Metro Exodus and even then, non-HDR games benefit from the brighter colors a HDR monitor can give.

Why should they? There's all kinds of reasons one why one might prefer games on PC.

The only game with broken HDR so far for me has been Metro Exodus and even then, non-HDR games benefit from the brighter colors a HDR monitor can give.

Let's heed the moderator warning and stay on topic.

Iced Arcade

that bundle is also $399 on bestbuy.com ($469 in Canada + sales tax)

still too expensive here in Canada IMO

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

My wife and I actually saw this the other day (just this past Monday actually) at Best Buy. There were X Bundles with F76 and regular non bundle X consoles sitting right next to each other, with the 76 bundle being much cheaper. At first I thought it was possible there was some mistake, but on the endcap of the isle, they had the same thing.

I did think it was kind of funny considering everything I've heard about Fallout 76.

Buy the console, bury the game.

So something good came out of Fallout 76 after all.

Ha, ha, exactly.

VertigoOA

Banned
Fallout 76 has had more players than resident evil 2 since REmake 2 launched.

It’s not the failure people read it is

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Why do you want to associate your console with a game with bad rep?
Marketing deals were likely in place months before Fallout 76 was complete/launched.

Alignung yourself with a Fallout game us typically a winning proposition. 76 not so much. Not sure why Microsoft should take any hit for Bethesda's shit.

Marketing deals were likely in place months before Fallout 76 was complete/launched.

Alignung yourself with a Fallout game us typically a winning proposition. 76 not so much. Not sure why Microsoft should take any hit for Bethesda's shit.

As said before Bethesdas likely paying MS to even have these deals.

Me thinks it's the other way around.

No because Sony had similar, but not as cheap, bundles with F76 as well done a different way. and Officially, F76 is the only bundle at that price and the bundle itself is new, so it had to be bethesda giving in and MS taking advantage of the deal to sell X's for cheap. Becuase almost all their other bundles outside BFV would move more than F76.

The Alien

Banned
No because Sony had similar, but not as cheap, bundles with F76 as well done a different way. and Officially, F76 is the only bundle at that price and the bundle itself is new, so it had to be bethesda giving in and MS taking advantage of the deal to sell X's for cheap. Becuase almost all their other bundles outside BFV would move more than F76.
Never seen a Sony Fallout bundle.

Like Sony had RDR2, Microsoft has the marketing deal in place. Fallout bundle was $500 but is now like 6 months old at this point and they are discounting because nobody wants 76. They have new bundles incoming with other marketing deals (Division, Metro) they wanna make space for.

MS would be smart to price the Scarlett at $399 come launch. $499 is simply too high and Sony won't even go there. It's bloody arrogance to have priced the X at $499 as long as they did.

Never seen a Sony Fallout bundle.

Like Sony had RDR2, Microsoft has the marketing deal in place. Fallout bundle was $500 but is now like 6 months old at this point and they are discounting because nobody wants 76. They have new bundles incoming with other marketing deals (Division, Metro) they wanna make space for.

The Sony bundles weren't with the console the game and console were separate but together.

MS would be smart to price the Scarlett at $399 come launch. $499 is simply too high and Sony won't even go there. It's bloody arrogance to have priced the X at $499 as long as they did.

it could actually be dumb depending on how powerful and what chips the next Xbox uses. if it's strong it would make no sense to strip down and compromise for $400 if they can get good performance and power consistent at $500. If the target was $400 than most likely Sony is aiming for the same target and theyw ere compromising performance and power from the start.

In the latter case, the upgraded would be near pointless.

Top Bottom