• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

KrisB

I just popped in Forza Horizon 3 for the first time ever and wanted to ask how good versus the One S it looks because apparently it'll be patched for X in January...? I already think it looks fantastic

... But LOL the timing on this one; just when i was about to close the game and come here to ask my question, I signed my first radio deal with Horizon block party and I kid you not, this was the song that was playing

https://i.imgur.com/6Yex6Bc.jpgIMG][/QUOTE]

haha, amazing.

I finally found one in stock online but it's not gonna be here for a few days lol. I saw Quantum Break is $15CAD with live is that a full monthly deal? I don't want to miss out if I can't set up the console until Wednesday. I already missed the physical sale for $20 at BestBuy =(

I'm super excited to play some of the old back compatibility games and can't wait to see what else gets enhancements.

Is there a site or thread that has X impressions/reviews from strictly 1080p display users?

I keep looking for thoughts from people with 1080p displays on how well they notice the system side downaampling compared to Pro’s lack of

Is there a site or thread that has X impressions/reviews from strictly 1080p display users?

I keep looking for thoughts from people with 1080p displays on how well they notice the system side downaampling compared to Pro’s lack of

I’m running a 1080p TV right now (will upgrade during Super Bowl sales), and the games that have been upgraded look magnificent. But I’m also happy with the faster load times.

Can’t wait to see what games get upgrades that aren’t announced yet...

I have a question..so my gamestop project scorpio is acting up so I am sending it back to gamestop and they are going to send me another one(From the warehouse) I want to be sure the one that they send me will be brand new I just got this thing 2 days ago..they gave me a shipping label and everything to ship it back but a buddy of mine online said no they send you a refurb so I want to be 100 percent sure it will be brand new

I have a question..so my gamestop project scorpio is acting up so I am sending it back to gamestop and they are going to send me another one(From the warehouse) I want to be sure the one that they send me will be brand new I just got this thing 2 days ago..they gave me a shipping label and everything to ship it back but a buddy of mine online said no they send you a refurb so I want to be 100 percent sure it will be brand new

Look closely on front and back of receipt for Gamestop's Hardware return policy. Not sure if it's on there but it might be worth a quick look.

Look closely on front and back of receipt for Gamestop's Hardware return policy. Not sure if it's on there but it might be worth a quick look.

Mine was an online purchase..so I only got email confirmation..and I already put the console back in the box and back in the UPS box..so wait..I only got this thing Ive never ordered from them before, so when they say warehouse they mean the replacement one will be refurbished??

Mine was an online purchase..so I only got email confirmation..and I already put the console back in the box and back in the UPS box..so wait..I only got this thing Ive never ordered from them before, so when they say warehouse they mean the replacement one will be refurbished??

Sorry, I have never bought hardware from GameStop so I don't know.

TLZ

Banned
Why not just ask and tell gamestop?

NySpeed

Anyone tried Dishonored 2? I'm curious as to if it is worth getting for the X. I believe it got patched, hopefully framerates are stable now... Most places are selling it at $20 new, I'm tempted

Played the first couple of missions of the Halo 5 Campaign earlier, and wow, it does look really good. I mean, granted, it does have some lower resolution textures here and there. But overall it does look really good in 4K.

Has anyone wall mounted their X1X yet? I'm trying to arrange my gaming room so that the TV, PS4, X1X and Switch are all wall mounted right in the same cluster. Just wondering if my wall can handle all that weight, especially with how hefty this thing is lol

Achillias

So went back to the store with the Scorpio. Didn't told them anything about the scratch. Got the money back anyway.

solis74

Has anyone wall mounted their X1X yet? I'm trying to arrange my gaming room so that the TV, PS4, X1X and Switch are all wall mounted right in the same cluster. Just wondering if my wall can handle all that weight, especially with how hefty this thing is lol

wall mount?

Chitown B

i would cut open every back panel if your putting electronics in it.

why when a item needs venting do people insist on putting them in closed areas.

OPEN
Xg1e3Uf.png

Nothing ever overheats
uOHQPSK.jpg

because it quiets the sound, and you don't have to dust every 3 days. Build a couple fans into the enclosure to pull new air in and hot air out, like a PC case.

gamz

Is this a thing?

A.M_Light

Neo Member
I have a deal available to me right now until the 16th of November. I can get the Scorpio edition for 472$ with free shipping. Don’t know if I should go for it

Freeman76

General consensus outside of GAF is its not really worth the money for 1080p users. It is an upgrade but not really worth 450 smackers. If you were dissapointed with the PRO this will feel similar. Although it is a step up from that you just dont get the effect of the hardware without 4k. I fell for the hype on the PRO which was a big mistake, wont do it again. Once it comes down in price and we see the extent of what MS does with it I will pick it up.

Em3112

Neo Member
1080P user here.

Games tested:
Fifa18: It is sharper. Mostly seen in replays and closeups Also the animation look more fluid for some reason.
Forza motorsport 7: It is definitely sharper, Seem to have some more trackside detail. Clouds seem to look more intense also. But overall not a real mindblowing difference with the Xbox one S version.
Gears of war 3 (360 game) Looks really good for a 360 title. Very sharp textures.

I do have the feeling that I am missing out on the good stuff. (HDR,4k)
Planning on buying a 4kTv in the upcoming months.

If you have a xbox S and you don;t plan to buy a 4ktv anytime soon it is hard to justify 500 Euro's/dollars for the X.

tru0ne

Neo Member
This console is really amazing Microsoft built a hell of a system I want to buy every enhanced game that is out I currently have around 35. I tried out some enhanced 360 games like oblivion and gears3 its crazy how they made those games look like a 4k remaster I hope they continue to update classic 360 games like that its great. Xbox is definitely on point with this system.

Hawk269

I have my "X" since launch night and I am still blown away. I am still in the "testing" mode where I boot a game and play the first level or for a racing game play a few tracks or a sports game play a full game. Blown away by almost everything. I decided to give Gears of War 3 a try and HOLY SHIT does it look amazing. I went back and tried it on my "S" and it is like a different game. It is truly impressive and looks so clean. If you have not tried Gears 3 you need to give it a shot.

The ONE thing that playing all these games on the "X" has done is make it hard to play non-patched games. Not being a graphic snob, but when you go from having perfect or almost perfect IQ then you play a game (not all games) that has not been patched, you really can tell.

I also gave the patched version of Mafia 3 a try last night and WOW they improvement between the "S" and "X" version is night and day. There is still some funky shadows and depending on the scene you still get some aliasing, but overall it is very clean and runs great versus what I experienced on the "S" and PS4 (I rented both versions a while back). I still have not tried some heavy hitters like Shadow of War, Titanfall 2 or Assassins Creed Origins.

Norse

Why does everyone say 1X is a 500$ upgrade? Sure it's 500$ but if you already own a xbone, sell it and the upgrade is 350$ or less. And if you don't have a xbone, then it's just a 250$ upgrade vs buying a 249 1S. In both cases it's worth it as you'll be using it at least 3 more yrs so that's only $80+ per year to play the best versions of a ton of games. Even on a 1080p tv imo.

My biggest ask for an Elite controller refresh would be make the sticks 'lock' in place, rather than just being lift off.

My biggest ask is for one that doesn't get incurable stick drift after a few months of use. :(

Out of the 5 Xbox One controllers I've owned, the Elite was the least durable by a large margin.

I'm still grieving its passing.

solis74

I have my "X" since launch night and I am still blown away. I am still in the "testing" mode where I boot a game and play the first level or for a racing game play a few tracks or a sports game play a full game. Blown away by almost everything. I decided to give Gears of War 3 a try and HOLY SHIT does it look amazing. I went back and tried it on my "S" and it is like a different game. It is truly impressive and looks so clean. If you have not tried Gears 3 you need to give it a shot.

The ONE thing that playing all these games on the "X" has done is make it hard to play non-patched games. Not being a graphic snob, but when you go from having perfect or almost perfect IQ then you play a game (not all games) that has not been patched, you really can tell.

I also gave the patched version of Mafia 3 a try last night and WOW they improvement between the "S" and "X" version is night and day. There is still some funky shadows and depending on the scene you still get some aliasing, but overall it is very clean and runs great versus what I experienced on the "S" and PS4 (I rented both versions a while back). I still have not tried some heavy hitters like Shadow of War, Titanfall 2 or Assassins Creed Origins.

got to agree.

If anyone lives near a Meijer, there will be a 10% off coupon available from Thursday - Saturday in mPerks.

This means you could get a X1X for $450 AND it will combine with the current promotion where you get a free game with a X1 purchase.

Front page has a banner that mentions the 3 day sale with the coupon. General Merch ad features the free game promotion.

rokkerkory

If anyone lives near a Meijer, there will be a 10% off coupon available from Thursday - Saturday in mPerks.

This means you could get a X1X for $450 AND it will combine with the current promotion where you get a free game with a X1 purchase.

Front page has a banner that mentions the 3 day sale with the coupon. General Merch ad features the free game promotion.

Damnit i want that deal

General consensus outside of GAF is its not really worth the money for 1080p users. It is an upgrade but not really worth 450 smackers. If you were dissapointed with the PRO this will feel similar. Although it is a step up from that you just dont get the effect of the hardware without 4k. I fell for the hype on the PRO which was a big mistake, wont do it again. Once it comes down in price and we see the extent of what MS does with it I will pick it up.

Thank you for this reply

I was let down a little by the Pro as well (as a 1080p user). I still love the console overall (like I would any PS4) but other than a few titles that really put effort in with their Pro patch for 1080pers, it’s just not been a big jump often enough

I was hoping for more from X since it’s system wide downsampling

solis74

nice

Crowza

Scorpio has a dark gray case that gets slightly brighter as you go up and has green Scorpio highlights. Scorpio also comes with a vertical stand.

Is it just me, or why didn't MS make the power button logo have the option to glow green instead of white? It would have fit better with the rest of the console.

Freeman76

Thank you for this reply

I was let down a little by the Pro as well (as a 1080p user). I still love the console overall (like I would any PS4) but other than a few titles that really put effort in with their Pro patch for 1080pers, it’s just not been a big jump often enough

I was hoping for more from X since it’s system wide downsampling

Yeah man, the machine is capable of a lot more than its doing i reckon. Its not the time to splash out yet, as a 1080p owner, in my opinion. They are in stock everywhere, I cant see them flying off the shelves and some bundles will show up soon I imagine.

My main issue is there is not much to show off the tech yet. AC origins is almost identical on PRO, they even share the same draw distance for example. I am not really too fussed if it makes 8 year old games like Gears 3 look better lol, a lot of people are going mental over that though. Its a nice bonus but again, not worth the high price.

Crowza

I keep looking for thoughts from people with 1080p displays on how well they notice the system side downaampling compared to Pro's lack of

At 1080p, so far the games that have made me go "Wow!" over the originals (I was playing these games the same day I upgraded the system):

KOTOR (Original Xbox BC) - I actually prefer it to the PC version, except for the lack of a widescreen patch. Really surprised.
Fallout 3 - (Xbox 360 BC) - It has an official patch, and looks far better than I expected.
Elder Scrolls Online (XB1) - Better graphics, better framerate. Played a few minutes, but definite visual upgrade.
World of Tanks (XB1X) - No framerate increase due to XB360/XB1 compatibility, but everything textures and lighting look better.

It's really hit or miss. I expect this to change as more time goes by... Those above all are better at 1080p than on the XB1.

Some stuff I expected to be better, even without a patch (Fallout Shelter) disappointed me since there was all of the same slowdown and screen tearing. I guess, Win 10 "Metro" games, haven't got any backend work done (is there anything in this category other than Fallout Shelter?)... Other games "without" patches have some minor upgrades, others don't. It's really hit or miss.

Halo Wars 2 I played a lot before the upgrade, and I've played a lot since, and I don't really see much difference at all. Same goes for Dead Rising 4. I don't personally see any differences at 1080p. I also have Dangerous Elite, Gears 4 and Halo 5 (all with patches), but I haven't played them much since switching so I don't have an opinion on them.

If it makes any difference, all I want now is more 4k patches across the board.. and I'm playing at 1080p for now. Not worth it *right now* just for 1080p, but since the upgrades are trickling out, it can't hurt to wait.

solis74

At 1080p, so far the games that have made me go "Wow!" over the originals (I was playing these games the same day I upgraded the system):

KOTOR (Original Xbox BC) - I actually prefer it to the PC version, except for the lack of a widescreen patch. Really surprised.
Fallout 3 - (Xbox 360 BC) - It has an official patch, and looks far better than I expected.
Elder Scrolls Online (XB1) - Better graphics, better framerate. Played a few minutes, but definite visual upgrade.
World of Tanks (XB1X) - No framerate increase due to XB360/XB1 compatibility, but everything textures and lighting look better.

also played dragon age origins, plays and looks great on X, loads are faster too.

1080p user here. Ive posted many screenshots. Look at the enhanced thread or console screenshot thread.

Impressions: 1 word- INCREDIBLE
I stopped console gaming a couple years ago because I started 4k gaming on PC and x1 games looked too ugly to enjoy. I have a 1080p OLED in my living room and I always have to buy every new xbox. So I bought x1x. Now my pc is collecting dust. The upgrade is massive. The enhanced games at 1080p look damn near 4k. Super clean and with enhanced textures and such games rival pc on ultra plus you are getting much better fps and amazing bc upgrades.

Ive played titanfall 2, halo 5, gears4, forza7, asscreed, madden, need for speed payback, killer instinct, skate 3, gears 3, mirrors edge, quantum break, star wars bf2, all at 1080p and all have blown me.away

Freeman76

1080p user here. Ive posted many screenshots. Look at the enhanced thread or console screenshot thread.

Impressions: 1 word- INCREDIBLE
I stopped console gaming a couple years ago because I started 4k gaming on PC and x1 games looked too ugly to enjoy. I have a 1080p OLED in my living room and I always have to buy every new xbox. So I bought x1x. Now my pc is collecting dust. The upgrade is massive. The enhanced games at 1080p look damn near 4k. Super clean and with enhanced textures and such games rival pc on ultra plus you are getting much better fps and amazing bc upgrades.

Ive played titanfall 2, halo 5, gears4, forza7, asscreed, madden, need for speed payback, killer instinct, skate 3, gears 3, mirrors edge, quantum break, star wars bf2, all at 1080p and all have blown me.away

That is probably also down to over excitement, as this is not the general feedback from the VAST majority of 1080p users. I saw way too many people acting like this over the PRO as well, and it was hyperbole down to over excitement at the new tech.

Top Bottom