• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
pre-ordered on Amazon and they can't give me a delivery estimate yet. anyone else get that message?

^^^welp guess i have my answer lmao

Klocker

You must be new to Amazon preorders or never notice, but Amazon automatically usually change Prime users to release day closer to release date.

yea been a prime member for years but never preordered. always went GS.

have a Scorpio on preorder but no delivery date yet from Amazom.

just preordered Xbox x from Best Buy due to price match , easy returns, exchange and they said explicitly you will GET it on Nov 7.

oh well just making sure haha

for all those who thought Xbox One X should come with an Elite Controller:
B155211Ab.jpg

http://m.gamestop.com/product/xbox-...edition-bronze-elite-controller-bundle/153615
$599
as you could get an Elite Controller for that price at sale, you don't save much
Yeah, the guy was trying to push that on me, but i can’t justify one unless they do a refresh.

Pre-ordered a regular one and canceled the Scorpio Edition to give somebody the chance to get one.

I thought you would hold strong!

Got mine preordered at GameStop. Had $170 in credit. Did one day shipping since I don't have one near me. Still going to continue to get fat and try the Taco Bell contest. Pretty excited. I was going to just get an S but the wife said she wanted me to get the X and can be a late birthday/early Christmas present.

Just a warning to those ordering on Amazon, they will *not* pricematch after they ship it to you under any circumstances.

PS4 Pro was available within 5 days of launch for $360 via Target and at one point $340 from another retailer.

Both of those prices were matched by Amazon on their site, but in both cases Amazon refused to pricematch either a competitor or themselves for my original launch day purchase.

Especially with the high price point I'd expect at least one retailer will do a deal of some kind near launch. As a result if I buy one of these (still deciding) I'm going B&M via Target or BB. Simply because pricematches after purchase are possible.

Or you could just use a Citi or Discover card and price match w/ even Black Friday prices.

Klocker

Yes and no. They "pre-authorize" your card for the full amount, which does restrict you from spending the money. It also means that if you don't have that much available to spend, they'll cancel the order.

They do not fully charge your card until the order ships though.

Ahh ok thanks

Ricker

So basically EBgames gives you 200 bucks for the OG One...? that would make it 399 in Canada...really really tempted jesus,till October 1st to decide...Will the pre orders sell out before though,damn...

So what's the word on supply? I thought I saw someone say there aren't allocations meaning that there is no rush to pre-order at this point?

So what's the word on supply? I thought I saw someone say there aren't allocations meaning that there is no rush to pre-order at this point?

just 1 page back ;)
We absolutely want stock available on launch day. We also have an aggressive replenishment plan to try and keep up with demand over the holiday.

Pre-orders are interesting and complex. For the Project Scorpio Edition, we (Xbox) managed the number of units and released those specifically as a pre-order program. We never intended those units to be available on shelf (although I expect units will trickle out). But we were working very closely with retail on that program.

For this round of pre-orders, the Retailers are driving the program. And these units will be portioned from the units available on launch day.

I only say that since I think you will see a broader variety of implementations around the world (game bundles vs. standalone, in-store vs. online, etc.) and that's really up to how each retailer wants to manage their launch.

Does that help?

cakely

Ah, it's up on Amazon US. This is the edition without the tacky green text that I assume people were waiting for.

It's interesting that the Scorpio edition and the "normal" XBX edition will be available at the same date. I wonder why they did it that way?

Klocker

For the Project Scorpio Edition, we (Xbox) managed the number of units and released those specifically as a pre-order program. We never intended those units to be available on shelf (although I expect units will trickle out). But we were working very closely with retail on that program.

This sounds to me like this Scorpio Edition is more guaranteed to deliver on time if they happen to be short

Does anyone else use Bing rewards and recently get an email about a Microsoft gift card deal to use towards a pre-order? It has terrible wording but seems to imply you can get 30% off some form of gift card for the online store. I clicked the link but it just takes me to my rewards page after the quiz.

Edit: Here's a picture from the email. No other details that I can find

Chitown B

I don't understand ditching a limited edition version for the plain version. Either way though they'll probably be inside a cabinet and you won't notice the difference.

Top Bottom